Author Topic: What are the teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi about Vishnu, Buddha,etc?  (Read 1745 times)

Kicsi108

• View Profile
Is it true that the Overself in our heart is the same word for God? Is it true that  Vishnu = Shiva=Overself?
What is Ramana's teaching about this topic?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear kicsi,

The Self and God are one and the same, Bhakta calls It as God and Jnani calls It as Self or Brahman. Brahman is formless and nameless
but when it comes to God it assumes a variety of names. All names be it Siva, Rama or Krishna refer to the Brahman only. 

2. Sri Bhagavan refers to Krishna in His stray verse on Deepavali and also in His Srimad Bhagavad Gita Saram.

3. Sri Bhagavan mentions about Krishna in His Talks 20, 41, 46, 51 , 58 and in many other conversations.
    He mentions about Rama in His Talks 130, 218, 317, 325 and many other conversations.
    He mentions about Vishnu in His Talks 208, 218, 225 etc.,

In His translation of Sri Arunachala Mahatmyam, it is said that Brahma represents intellect and Vishnu the ego and both
cannot attain the Annamalai - which is Siva.

Arunachala Siva.   

Kicsi108

• View Profile
Dear Subramanian.R,

Thank you sooo much for your reply and specific sources! Thanks a lot, it is a great help to me now.
Arunachala Shiva

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Kicsi 108,

I did not mention about the Buddha in my previous post. Sri Bhagavan has spoken about Buddha in Talks,
20, 176, 239 and 273.

Arunachala Siva.