Author Topic: ways to remove stress  (Read 1665 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
ways to remove stress
« on: June 18, 2012, 09:44:12 PM »
dear friends,
In the present world, art of living ,Swami Sukhobodanda's courses, Sri Jaggi Vasudev's courses as well as Baba RAmdev's yoga courses are helping cope with stress.
Are there any traditional methods derived from the vedas which can help with stress and which are not so well known .How did ancients keep themselves free from stress?
Can friends here share their ways to cope with stress, especially with regard to ancient practices.
Regards,
Anand Sundaram. 
Sundaram Anand

ksksat27

• View Profile
Re: ways to remove stress
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:06:07 AM »
Dear Anand

I dont want to comment on any of the places you have mentioned.

But the blind truth is,  there is no shortcut.  Stress will not go by mere workshops or very nicely written books.

Ancients believed only in one way --  either to turn to the sacred scriptures like Gita ,  Vedas or Upanishads and practice sadhana.

Or to surrender to a great Guru like Ramana Maharishee, Shirdi Sai Baba or Thakur or Maha Periyava and pray intensely to them.

In my personal experience,   anytype of modern methods or workshops will not destory stress.

But japa,  surrender,  prayer to God or Guru,  reading holy scriptures etc.  will have its effect . 

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Re: ways to remove stress
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 06:45:56 AM »
Well said, Krishna. Agree totally. I share the same view.

Also it is continuous journey through these and not mere a course for one time consumption like a pill. As months and years pass by - you will see the difference.

-Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan