Author Topic: what is prana shakthi  (Read 6216 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Re: what is prana shakthi
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 11:34:18 AM »
when you ask " who am i ? " and you REALLY want to know the truth , you have to be WILLING to stop telling ALL stories , even the stories about what Ramana said , in order to see the truth of who you really are without any stories . this is what Ramana and others through the ages have all pointed to .... know thy self , not who you think you are , but the truth of who you really are . this " knowing " is not a thought or a memorization of what someone said .
if you think Ramana knew more than anyone else , this is a trick of the mind , a prize for the mind to acquire .... he knows the most so if i learn what he knows i'll be just like him .
a different time , place and culture may account for discrepancies in the manor in which things are described .
i don't claim to know more than anyone else . i only state what is obvious to me as simply as i can and hope that in some way it may be helpful to others .   :)

Dear Beloved Abstract

Thanks for your points.   Shri Nisarghadatta Maharaj's described  the absolute state where we dont even know that we exist. That is the full awareness focussed on itself.

But until ego remains,  all religions including buddhism has accepted that the mind starts identifying itself with a subtle body and then later a full fledged physical body after the death.  It is very easy to talk about awareness , nothingness etc. very nicely in words.  But when the real threat comes,  based on the maturity ,  the ego jumps and more or less settled down at a level. It is not a mere concept.  It is our personal experience.

Even in dreams,  though we are the creators of all characters,  they are not under our control.

To me it occurs this way,  we have to start with duality only,  we humble, surrender to our Guru and by this way slowly one automatically abides in the absolute awareness state.  Even then one continues to show same reverence and respect to Ishwara and his Guru.

Sri Lakshmana Swamy , Sri Papaji, Sri Annamalai Swami all did duality worship of their Guru to the heart's contents and also re-collected their past lives.

The famous Shri Seshadhri Swami once told  that "anybody who prays to Arunachala sincerely gets liberated ,  I dont know who liberates and who is liberated,  but somehow it happens that way"

Until we are in the ignorant mesh of maya and variety of desires,  it is better to accept duality and worship Guru's feet rather than to make highly intellecutal words but finally abiding in ignorance.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 02:59:05 PM »
when you ask " who am i ? " and you REALLY want to know the truth , you have to be WILLING to stop telling ALL stories , even the stories about what Ramana said , in order to see the truth of who you really are without any stories . this is what Ramana and others through the ages have all pointed to .... know thy self , not who you think you are , but the truth of who you really are . this " knowing " is not a thought or a memorization of what someone said . i don't claim to know more than anyone else . i only state what is obvious to me as simply as i can and hope that in some way it may be helpful to others .   

Dear Friend - Can you please elaborate a little more on what was obvious to you as truth different from all "stories" please - so that all can benefit ?

Wishing you the very best !
Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
Dear Beloved Abstract,

None of us know more than Sri Ramana. But what I quoted is from His - Who am I? He said:

1. There is no such thing as mind. In another place, He has said: Mind is a wondrous power which rises from
Atma. In another place, He says, mind is only a bundle of thoughts.  So to get rid of thoughts,
absolutely.   Even the thought, 'I should attain mukti" is ego's trick.  What Sri Bhagavan told
in Who am I? to Sivapraksam Pillai: When the body dies, mind carries prana and goes away.

2.  What Sri Bhagavan meant was what happens in all people. The mind (since it is a carrier of vasanas)
carries also the breath and go away. Where does it go? To Akasa, Pure Space. There it remains till the
god ordains a new body for the mind and prana and vasnas.

3. For people who are self realized either as Jivan Mukta or at the time of leaving the mortal coil (Mother Azhagamma),
first all the vasanas are burnt, (in case of Mother Azhagamma, Sri Bhagavan did it for herself.) and then the mind and
prana merges with the Self. For such jivan and vidheha muktas, there is no flight of mind and prana to the Aksas, Pure
Space.

Some 'stories' we should like and we should repeat it also to others, because it is Sri Bhagavan who had told such
'stories'.

Arunachala Siva.