Author Topic: Friday Message -- Jillelamudi Amma  (Read 2542 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Friday Message -- Jillelamudi Amma
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:15:28 AM »

Long ago I begot and reared all of you; now I have revealed myself.

I am the "I" that has become all "I"s.

I dont know about others surrendering to me but as far as I am concerned , I am completely surrendered to all of you.
It is only the Mother that surrenders the child.

It is not through your efforts that you see me. You see me only if I reveal myself to you.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:20:04 AM by ksksat27 »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Friday Message -- Jillelamudi Amma
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:41:59 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

avan aruLale avan thAl vaNangi......

It is only with His Grace, I am praying to His feet!

(Tiruvachakam)

Arunachala Siva. 

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 03:48:07 PM »
Krishna,
"It is not through your efforts that you see me. You see me only if I reveal myself to you."
This is invaluable for seekers to realize.Thanks very much.
Namaskar.

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 03:24:41 AM »
I have great interest in Jellelamudi Amma, but information about her is difficult to get.
Somehow she is not as well known as Bhagavan.
Also, while Bhagavan as given instructions for Sadhana, Amma seems not to have teached anything.
For instance, Bhagavn spoke about self-enquiry and gave the Arunachala Shiva mantra, but Amma has never given any mantra and I don't think she ever spoke about meditation, self-enquiry or any Yoga.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 10:24:35 AM »
I have great interest in Jellelamudi Amma, but information about her is difficult to get.
Somehow she is not as well known as Bhagavan.
Also, while Bhagavan as given instructions for Sadhana, Amma seems not to have teached anything.
For instance, Bhagavn spoke about self-enquiry and gave the Arunachala Shiva mantra, but Amma has never given any mantra and I don't think she ever spoke about meditation, self-enquiry or any Yoga.

Hi Jyoti

Good to know your interest.

But I think you did not get any information on Jillelamudi Amma.

Recently I bought this book --  Mother of All by Richard Schiffman.  This books contains many incidents,  Jillelamudi Amma's role as Guru,  her Mahasamadhi details,   about Hyma her daughter and many more.

The striking and most astonishing part of the book contains a series of dialogues between Desiraju Rajammal and Jillalamudi Amma.

Desiraju Rajammal a widow --  she was well versed in mantra shastras and devi pujas.  But she was playing a part of a Guru without having the spiritual experience and necessary inherent command from God to act as a Guru.

Jillelamudi Amma visits her house to correct her --  in the guise of a normal householder wife with her three year old son.

From the starting,  Rajammal wanted to initiate her new disciple Jillelamudi Amma and from the starting,  for all normal questions asked by Rajammal, Jillemudi Amma gives vedantic replies,  each sentence Amma gives can be spoken for hours together in vedantic sense.

The dialogue goes on and on for 24 hours --  series of events take place,  but our Rajammal's sole aim was to initiate Jillelamudi Amma in shakthi mantra.

Finally Rajammal's veil of maya was removed by Jiellamudi Amma's powerful grace and she gets a glimpse of samadhi experience.

And Rajammal's very long sadhana and japa in shakthi mantra sastras finally brought its effect.

There are many more incidents like this.

You can buy that book from Motilal Bansidas book stores.

You can also visit www.motherofall.org

The famous currently living jnani Sri Lakshmana Swamy has acknowledged the greatness of Jillelamudi Amma and he even went to the extent of saying that if Jilellamudi Amma has kept her foot in Hyma's head for a long time,  Hyma would have got final liberation itself.

Sri Lakshmana Swamy who is a staunch jnani with all austerities and tapas being naturally personified in him,  indeed very rarely spoke the greatness of other Gurus. 

Best wishes,
Krishna

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 11:46:03 AM »
The famous currently living jnani Sri Lakshmana Swamy has acknowledged the greatness of Jillelamudi Amma and he even went to the extent of saying that if Jilellamudi Amma has kept her foot in Hyma's head for a long time,  Hyma would have got final liberation itself.
Why didn't Amma do it then?

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 12:42:04 PM »
Jyothi

I added this reference from David Godman's blog that contained the complimentary portion that signifies the glory of the Gurus feet.

The detailed episode of Hyma's death and liberation can be found in Mother Of All book.  Sri Lakshmana Swamy made some rare observations post that event.

We have to keep in mind that the observations of other great Mahatmas and the event itself is beyond all our grasp.   If we find something encouraging or positive we may take it,  otherwise,  we have to leave all these questions unanswered because we are far far below the great spiritual fervour of both Jillelamudi Amma,  Lakshmana Swamy and the daughter Hyma.

Our role or intellect here is totally incapable to derive a logical inference,  neverthless something God and Mysterious exchange with piousness penetrates one who listens to the great events with devotion and humility.