Author Topic: DELETED  (Read 1714 times)

srkudai

DELETED
« on: May 23, 2012, 02:17:14 PM »
deleted. Why all this when all we need to do is follow the "I" and Find the Truth ?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:44:58 PM by srkudai »

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
Re: Meditations on Hanuman Chalisa
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 02:26:47 PM »
Scriptures, especially so profound and emotional as Hanuman Chalisa, always leave their marks in the soul of the devotee and work deep with. Regular reading of Hanuman Chalisa (and other scriptures) can change your mind and attitude, to give you strength, power and deep faith.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:22:44 PM »
Friends - The trickiest thing about some prayers for those who are new and try to "understand" and chant the prayer is about chanting some advaitha slokas like Nirvana Shatkam. Unless the person is conversant with Advaitha, chanting like "Na Punyam.. Na Papam..." etc can be interpreted very miserably by ego. I am in no way saying anything against prayers - but I just expressing a trap, if I may call so. And the need to properly understand and pray - if one has to.

But of course, there is no need to understand the meaning as long as Lakshyartha is understood. I recall , at this juncture, the story of two enlightened scholars in Kerala (my home town) - POonthanam and Melpathoor. The former was almost an illiterate but a great great Bhakta and the latter was a sanskrit scholar who wrote Narayaneeyam. Poonthanam apparently used to recite Sahasranama inside Guruvayoor temple and obviously it was all wrong - but tears will be rolling off his eyes all through the recital in Bhakti. Melpathoor once saw poonthanam reciting in Sahasranama "... Padmanabho Maraprabhu..." instead of "Padmanabho Amaraprabhu". Melpathoor laughed and made fun of Poonthanam saying Padmanabha is not "...Maraprabhu...". "Mara" in malayalam means "tree". Apparently, at that time a voice was heard from the Guruvayoor temple Sanctum Sanctorum saying "Melpathoor, You are wrong. I am Maraprabhu as well and I love Poontham's recital more than your knowledge". Though a story - it revealed a lot to me when I first heard it as a kid.

This also makes me sometimes feel that Dvaitha, Vishitadvaitha and Advaitha are not 3 different paths - but it the sequential path that the same person walks through during his progress. You start with Dvaitha and progress towards Advaitha.

-Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 06:25:07 PM »
Friends - The trickiest thing about some prayers for those who are new and try to "understand" and chant the prayer is about chanting some advaitha slokas like Nirvana Shatkam. Unless the person is conversant with Advaitha, chanting like "Na Punyam.. Na Papam..." etc can be interpreted very miserably by ego. I am in no way saying anything against prayers - but I just expressing a trap, if I may call so. And the need to properly understand and pray - if one has to.

Dear i,

i understand your concern, but, no need to worry, the God takes care, the very fact that Nirvana Shatkam has landed on ones had be it new or a one who is familiar is grace itself, that grace shall take care thereafter, even if one has  to get deluded, it is happening only for that ones own good, the grinding happens, for ones own good. Confusions, contradictions, sufferings, question about faith in ones God during times of distress are blessings in disguise, for without facing them, one cannot cross them.

Prostrations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 07:10:02 PM »
Dear i,

Moreover, as the saying goes "make hay while the Sun shines" the God, makes nice haly while the sun shines, ie. when the ego, delusion, ignorance, is shining in all glory in anybody. That is the time when the God almighty decides to hunt and trap all those with the twine!

And, some tamil poet, either Thayumanavar or somebody sings, why name has come come for Arunachala? it has come only because of his devotees, the great devotees, whom he decides to take away are the ones who bring fame to Arunachala. The name and fame of Arunachala is truly not His but his devotees, sings the poet . So Arunachala is always in look out of devotees, and he catched them and traps them and pulls them to him and makes them reside in him for ever!

In the same ways, Dear i, look at the lives of all Asuras? Ravana, Tarakasura, Narakasura, Hiranyakasipu and so many other Asuras? they were all devoured by God almight? HOW BLESSED THEY ARE? Asuras are symbolic representation of ones own ego.

look at the fate of Bhasmasura? After having received boon from Shiva himself, that whoever he touched in head, they would become bhasma, and he goes on to try it on Shiva himself, and it is said that Lord Shiva ran, ran to try and escape from Bhasmasura and Vishanu appears as a beautiful lady and when Asura is infatuated towards her, she insists to teach him to dance and that he has to enact as she dances and in turn she keeps her hand on her head and so does Bhasmasura on his own head and gets killed!

It is said tha Shiva ran ran and ran, the truth is that no matter how much Bhasmasura would have ran behind Shiva, he could never reach him, always shiva can never be caught outside, the more he tried to catch Shiva externally, he could not kill himself (Shiva), where has the moment he touched his own head, he was killed immediately.

All Asuras are indeed blessed.

Ironically it is those bad people who have attained God quickly, :D we all who are in between, neither good nor bad, are the ones who delay by too much intelligence :D

Prostrations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:13:32 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 12:11:13 PM »
hanuman chalisa by Smt. MS Subbulakshmi is beautiful!

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 05:16:50 PM »
Thank you, Sri Udai!
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 01:29:29 PM »
Very nice writing, Udai Garu. However, How can words explain Brahman though we all try and give various impressions with our own words and othrs reading interpreting and misinterpreting it - IS all the beauty if Brahman. Nice writings...

-Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan