Author Topic: Beyond religions  (Read 987 times)

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Beyond religions
« on: May 15, 2012, 08:54:06 AM »
Nochur Ji introduced me to this great islamic sufi saint in a talk on Ramana Charitham -

Is this not same as "Aham Brahmasmi" - wow - "Anaal Haq" !! I just shivered for a moment in ecstacy when I heard from Nochur Ji on this - about truth being experienced independently by so many great men.

The case of the renowned Sufi, Mansoor Al-Hallaj, would serve a befitting example of how such Sufis were treated for their alleged proclamation of being God themselves. He was condemned to hang by the neck for shouting in ecstasy 'Anal-Haq, Anal-Haq' (I am the Truth, I am the Truth). The orthodoxy understood this to mean that he was claiming to be God himself, whereas he had proclaimed in his sublime spiritual ecstasy, simply a total annihilation of himself. What he meant was that he mattered naught; all that mattered was He (God). Mansoor Al-Hallaj climbed the gallows with his head held high, not the least daunted by his imminent death. Nor could his shouts be drowned in the tumult of abuses which were hurled at him; they rose loud and clear and high 'Anal-Haq, Anal-Haq' until his soul departed to the fountainhead of his life on high.

Salutations to Bhagawan