Author Topic: Had giri pradakshina for chitra poornimaa  (Read 4494 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Had giri pradakshina for chitra poornimaa
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »
By grace of my Guru Saradamma , Bhagavan Ramana , Bhagavan Lakshmana I had the good fortune of going round the hill for Chitra Poornima this Saturday.

I stayed for 2 days and absorbed the grace of Bhagavan , my Guru Saradamma and Arunachaleshwara.

There was a huge rush and I could go to temple only on Sunday evening but that time it was very free in temple.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Had giri pradakshina for chitra poornimaa
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:38:07 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

Nice. You had giri pradakshina on Chitra Pournami day. How is the weather in T'malai? It was sweating hot when I and my
wife had been there during last month.

Arunachala Siva.     

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:08:19 AM »
Dear i,

it is very special indeed to circumambulate Arunachala on this blessed day of Chitra Poornima! i had an opportunity to do it in 2009, the same day, it was hot, and crowd was very much, then!

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »
Dear Sir,

It was very hot,  I stayed in Athithi Ashram a guest house based on charitable trust.

Actually somehow I was unmindful to the heat  which otherwise in other places would have definitely caused me so much burning sensation.

I tried to go to Arunachelshwar temple on Saturday but returned back as there was big queue
outside the temple main Gopuram itself.  Again Sunday also I went in the morning and had to return back without even entering the temple because of excessive crowd.

Finally Sunday evening I was able to enter the temple and there was no rush at all.

The Giri Prakashina I took from 3:30 to 8:30 PM.  It was a wonderful moment all through.

I was surprised that 90% of the people who did Giri Pradakshina was labour class,  common uneducated mass and I was impressed by their devotion.

There was big rush in Ramansramam also.

I bought Vallar's arutperum jyoth full 1500 verses CD in the Pradakshina route.   There were
many interesting spiritual books all along,  different Masters,  different bookstalls.

This time I bought 'I am that I am ' a beautiful book by Stephen ,  his associations with Nisarghadatta Maharaj, in the shop opp. to Ramasramam.

Maharaj declares very forcefully that there is no liberation for a so called invididual person as such.

The book is wonderful Tribute to Nisarghadatta Maharaj.  I was very hesitant to buy books outside of Ramansramam but this time there was uncontrollable urge,  so I prayed to Maharishee in old hall and went to buy them.

I also bought wake up and roar of Papaji. 

I am that I am may be liked by many here.  It pierces through and destorys all your concepts.

I travelled in private bus service and there was a lady waiting for the return journey with me.  She is from Art of living who came for Giri Pradakshina.  She had her own concern on the neatness,  the free food camps around the route where cleanline is not maintained. She declared that on poornima days she wont come again.

Neatness matters to some,  I welcome all people's qualities .   But somehow I have learned to accept the so called ugliness .

I almost thought of telling that there is no "i" to feel all this ,  but kept quiet nodding my head.

Arunachala is very great.  I humble down before my Guru and ask pardon for all my sins.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 11:55:47 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

I have found out a way to avoid crowd in Big Temple. It must not be a holiday, or a festival day or a tuesday or a friday.
You should start at 6 am from your place and reach the temple gate by 6.30 am. Then you can avoid crowds and have
darshan of Annamalai and Unnamulai without difficulty. Last visit, I went on a Monday morning. It was sparsely crowded. 

Arunachala Siva. 

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 01:40:14 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

That must have been an awesome experience - doing girivalam on chitra poornima day. You are very blessed!

To the lady who said she will not do girivalam on pournami again, if you keep your mind on Arunachala, nothing will bother you. That has been my experience.

BTW, how much does Athithi Ashram charge? How do you book with them even though Ramanasramam will be my first choice

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:33:48 PM by Child of Arunachala »

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 05:10:17 PM »
Dear Subramanian, Sir

What is it about Tuesdays. I have women tell me that they will not get out of the house on Tuesdays. In Tirupati too it is a bad day.  Some Durga temples have rahu kalam puja on Tuesdays. Would you know more about it?

Child of Arunachala

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »
Dear Child of Arunachala,

There is not bar for Tuesday. In Tirupati such practices may be there, In Tamizh Nadu women go to temples on all days
and more on Thesdays and Fridays.

Rahu Kala Puja is done for Rahu idol in the temple with a garland made of nimbu fruits and lights are also burnt on
the cut pieces of nimbu, after crushing out the juice and seeds and then putting on the concave portion ghee and wick.
This is a Upasna method for early marriage of their daughters and also to ensure peace at the time of family quarrels. On
Tuesday, Rahu Kalam is between 3.00 to 4.30 pm and during that time this upasana is done.

In Jnana marga this upanana is not there.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »
Dear Child of Arunachala,

There is not bar for Tuesday. In Tirupati such practices may be there, In Tamizh Nadu women go to temples on all days
and more on Thesdays and Fridays.

Rahu Kala Puja is done for Rahu idol in the temple with a garland made of nimbu fruits and lights are also burnt on
the cut pieces of nimbu, after crushing out the juice and seeds and then putting on the concave portion ghee and wick.
This is a Upasna method for early marriage of their daughters and also to ensure peace at the time of family quarrels. On
Tuesday, Rahu Kalam is between 3.00 to 4.30 pm and during that time this upasana is done.

In Jnana marga this upanana is not there.

Arunachala Siva.

There is atleast another Rahu Kala pooja which I sometimes do and my mother does more frequently.

It is a pooja for Maa Durga in rahu kaala time.   It is done to destroy bad karmic effects in one's horoscope.

It is believed that Rahul Deva worshipped Maa Durga during that time and hence we follow that prayer.

Lamp,  Incense and Durga Idol with flowers make the important part.  We used to chant many Durga stothras .