Author Topic: Detachment  (Read 1168 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Detachment
« on: May 06, 2012, 11:06:45 AM »
Dear i,

over last few days, i have been observing people around, just everywhere, at home, outside, at work, firstly its a pure miracle to see human beings, more so, living beings, move of its own accord, can we tap into this miracle a little more? no batteries, no keys, no mechanics, it was such a wonderment to see being move around here and there, does what it wants, contemplates about rights and wrongs, what a beauty? it struck me, how dead i had been so long?

Firstly, it felt extremely gratitude to be one among those, to be able to move around like how i had been amazed at wonderment by seeing other living being, including trees, being sentient! it took a moment of split second to discern the beauty and the value of being what i am!

Dear i, this birth is invaluable, invaluable, again, invaluable! I needed to say that three times!

when this quite dawned in me, it was again, amazement after amazement, when i look at the world, things are wonderfully crafted, and they are all beautifully and perfectly interwoven with each other and like a mechanical clock, every being is doing his/her role, with or without complaints, like the sun that shines, everybody, still does, what is to be done. There is not even a iota of doubt on the clarity, there is no disturbance, everything is so perfect, in itself, as it is! Everyone plays a role, be it good or bad, for each other.

Wonderment, absolutely beautiful!

For so many years, my mother has been lovingly feeding me, cooking me food! I mean, with this new dawn of amazement, i suddenly cease to look at my mother as my mother, my father as my father, my brother, sister, others as my own, i begun just looking at them, detached, truly what obligation does she have to really cook for me for us? what obligation do others have towards me to love me? when you look from the window of detachment, i am, really speaking, nobody to them. You just feel extremely grateful, when you see things around you detached. The cows, what obligation does it have to give milk to humanity? the tree, plants, what obligation do they have to re-circulate oxygen for us? What obligation do they have to give us harvests, food?

being detached is wonderful feeling, it is liberating, it is celebrating the beauty of which can never be found in attachment!

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Detachment
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 01:41:59 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

The lotus stem, its leaves and stem are always in water. But one can observe that the water drop, even if it falls on the leaf,
rolls down and does not stick to the leaf. Tamizh poets have said that one should be in the world like a lotus leaf in water,
always in water but without being stuck to it.

Arunachala Siva.   

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:43:23 AM »
Nagaraj Garu

So nicely said. Yes - same wonder strikes me while on the busy roads of Bangalore - seeing everyting moving, working out its own karma, everything and everyone feeling their karma is most important. All moving around like a peacock feather, my mind and intellect also feeling the same, taking its own karma and following it through as if it is most important for "me". People feeling angry, sad, frustrated, laughing, contented... fighting in traffic... Suck out the "Akhanda bodha atma swarupa" from entire world... All that remains will become "Pancha Bootha" in no time. Some "objects" may take months to become pancha bootha... some may take years... But all comes back to source of "Pancha Bootha" when the Akhanda Bodha Swarupa is sucked out... What a divine beatuy of drama... You get absorbed into it...

Namaskar...
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:50:56 AM »
Dear i,

absolutely, it all looks like some play.... funny, on the other hand, man is struggling to make his imitation by way of robots :D

In Lalitha Sahasranamam both “bala”(965 mantra) and “leela vinodhini” (966th mantra) reconfirms the child status of the para brahma swarupini. The divine play of the goddess is none other than the triple functions of creation, preservation and destruction of the prapancham(world).

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta