Author Topic: Contemplating on BhagavatSwarupam  (Read 9592 times)

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Contemplating on BhagavatSwarupam
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 07:09:20 PM »
Dear Sri Nagaraj,

Yes,so true. Doership belongs to ego only,and only whille we believe we are separate that qiestion arise. Indeed,there is only All pervading Self,dreaming many dreams,and all those dreams are same in one aspect-it is a dream of world and separate existence. In essence,there is no surrender either. Who is there to surrend,and what?! There must be the "one" who is surrendering. Because,in seeing unreality of I and mine,of world alltogether,there is no one left to surrender anything. The one who is doing and trying all that is the root of the problem. Then,finally,even those efforts,and strivings,are seen like play of the mind,play of the elements and gunas only. Every single thought,every "doing",everything which puts us in the role of "the one who is separate",the ego,is only a play,nothing more. The Self is unattached,only witness of it.

So beautiful thoughts to ponder. :)

Thank You!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:11:29 PM by Jewell »

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 09:17:04 PM »
Dear Nagaraj - Beautifully written. Yes - Surrender is another game of ego. Because for your to surrender, it initially means it is yours. If I say, I give up / surrender my Rolls Royce - people will laugh - because to start with I dont have one. Same is the case with surrender - most times it is ego which feels happy upon surrender because ego feels it had something which it has given up.

Sanjay.
Salutations to Bhagawan

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 08:54:02 PM »
Dear Nagarajji, Sanjayji, Jewellji, Subramanianji and Friends,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Yes Nagarajji, it all comes back to the ego. I was listening to Sri Nochurji say that "summa iru" means to stop the ego from arising. He says it goes hand-in-hand with self-enquiry or Naan yaar vichaaram.

As a simple example, my puppy has been sick from yesterday and it is very hard to watch her suffer. But I understand it is only my ego that feels so bad because it is MY puppy. Every incident is an opportunity to do self-enquiry.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 08:58:52 PM »
Dear Lathaji,

I am so sorry to hear about your puppy. I wish her to recover very,very soon!!!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:01:51 PM by Jewell »

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 08:54:47 AM »
Dear Nagaraj - Beautifully written. Yes - Surrender is another game of ego. Because for your to surrender, it initially means it is yours. If I say, I give up / surrender my Rolls Royce - people will laugh - because to start with I dont have one. Same is the case with surrender - most times it is ego which feels happy upon surrender because ego feels it had something which it has given up.

Sanjay.

Sanjayji
Surrender is not an action, but an attitude. I think the intellect plays a role in developing and maintaining this attitude, but not sure. Surrender to me is the acceptance that things come and go as they are meant to.. a feeling like a blade of grass that sways with the breeze neither trying to resist nor trying to sway by itself, neither feeling happy about blowing one way nor sad about blowing another way. I have surrendered this way to God/Guru.. it has removed all doubts and led to peace.

I only pray that the Guru Tiger's jaws never release me!
Deepa

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 09:21:27 AM »

Sanjayji
Surrender is not an action, but an attitude. I think the intellect plays a role in developing and maintaining this attitude, but not sure. Surrender to me is the acceptance that things come and go as they are meant to.. a feeling like a blade of grass that sways with the breeze neither trying to resist nor trying to sway by itself, neither feeling happy about blowing one way nor sad about blowing another way. I have surrendered this way to God/Guru.. it has removed all doubts and led to peace.

I only pray that the Guru Tiger's jaws never release me!
Deepa

Deepa Ji

You are very correct. It is also important to note that you are nobody to even accept things as they come :). You are just the witness whether ego accepts it or not - is not a problem for Self / Atma. Witness even the non acceptance of situation by ego in worst of prarabdha. The biggest test of surrender is when ego goes through the worst of prarabdha. It is very easy for ego to survive the storm of Atma Jnana when everything is going great. That is why I pray always to give me worst of prarabdha - and I have got it :) successfully in last 5-7 years. Also it is important to give up "attachment" to the physical body of guru.

Namaskaram
Sanjay.
Salutations to Bhagawan

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 07:54:10 PM »
Dear Jewellji,

Thank you for your wishes regarding my puppy. She is doing much better now. She is a very blessed puppy, she likes to sit next to me while I chant Aksharamana malai :)

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 08:16:30 PM »
Dear Lathaji,

That is so sweet and beautiful. She is indeed Blessed puppy. :)

I am so happy to hear she is better now. May Bhagavan Bless her with good health and long life! They are our sweethearts and our best friends.

With love and prayers,