Author Topic: Message from Srkudai  (Read 6925 times)

latha

• View Profile
Re: Message from Srkudai
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 01:07:36 AM »
Udaiji,

I am glad you are back. I wanted to share this experience with you and thank you.

Sometime back you had written some posts on Hanuman Chalisa. After a couple of days we had a little crisis at home and I was feeling very down. By Bhagavan's grace, I remembered Hanuman Chalisa that you had posted about and decided to chant the shloka. Also encouraged my Husband to do so. For a couple of weeks we chanted the shloka daily and it was so helpful. The prayer was very calming to all of us.

In my opinion, when we share from our heart in these posts with good intentions, it can really help someone.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 01:24:47 PM »
welcome back udai garu.

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »
I was sure you will do that again. I wish you all the best, Sri Udai.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 04:23:53 PM »
udai,
There are some 6 to 10 devotees who post here and if we think we can keep our sanity by withdrawing from here,do we propose to do the same from this wide world?Just see the absurdity of these actions.
I am however giving you the verses from Bhagavad Gita ,Chapter 2 Verse 54:
Arjuna uvaca:
sthithaprajnasya ka bhasha samAdhisthasya kesava
sthithadhih kim Aseetha vrajeta kim?
Arjuna asks:
What O Kesava ,is the mark of the man of Steady wisdom,steeped in samAdhi?
How does the man firm in wisdom speak,how sit,how walk?
Sri Bhagavan uvAcha:
prajahAti yadA kAmAn sarvAn pArtha manOgatAn
Atmanya evaAtmanA tushtah sthithaprajnas tadO 'cyate
The Blessed Lord said:
When a man abandons ,O PArtha,all the desires of the heart and is satisfied
in the Self by the Self
,then he is said to be one stable in wisdom.

In his commentary ,swami Chidbhavananda gives a quote from sri Ramakrishna:
He who is dead as it were when alive,that is to say,as desireless as a corpse,
becomes competent for Brahma -jnAnam.

Anyway,I respect your decision and wish you well.
Namaskar.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
The real reason for leaving of anyone here is because the ego is affected and dissatisfied. There is no other reason. This proves to me the egocentrism of the people who are ranked as 'spiritual seeker' and so on. Everyone thinks about him/herself. There is no people who can trust even in spiritual sphere. Everyone is concerned about his/her own religious, philosophical or whatever model and don't want to 'overcome' it even when it is for helping others. And when you don't share his/her thought either he/she chases you away or he/she leaves from you. I have seen that many times in churches.  "- Father, tell me, will I go to Hell because I did abortion? - You will, my dear. Bible clearly points to that". Everyone loves his self, not his Self but pretending that everything he/she is doing is about the Self. Clearly this is the same with everyone - no matter who Spiritual Teacher they follow. This makes me sad. But I must accept that fact. Difference in the opinions is something normal but when this difference becomes the central topic disrespecting other's opinions and problems - then this is the moment when the difference become spiritually abnormal.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 05:10:44 PM »
Ramana,
I agree with you.If we find that the posts here are a distraction,we need to simply focus on what we need to do and can quietly withdraw.We may occasionally show up if we feel like sharing.
Why  do we have to dramatically announce  'withdrawal' ,'Re-entry' and again 'withdrawal'?
For a devotee(I prefer this word,as it does not have any trappings!) this is not in keeping with whatever he has been cherishing.It seems to annul everything and is well worth pondering.
Namaskar.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »
I agree.

Today I may decide to leave this forum because someone has made me angry, tomorrow I may leave my family because my father has slapped me for example. Then I can leave the city and go to the jungle because the people make me feel bad and so on. Ego always prefer sweet and goes away from the bitter. But Upanishads tell us clearly that if we want to realize the Self we must drink the bitter and the sweet the same way. That's why I am unpleasantly amazed of these childish decisions some people make. I am also worried about Sri Udai. Suddenly he became acting like he is all-knowing rejecting and underestimating the opinions of everyone in this forum for reason and for no reason, like just for the sport. I felt like his ego has grown unmeasurable. Recently the energy in this forum became like never before - when I go in I don't feel enthusiasm and relief but I my spirit becomes low and weak. I believe that by Lord Ramana's Grace everything will go right in place. I know that I am may be too judgemental but it is how I feel the things!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 05:38:22 PM »
Dear srkudai, Ravi, Ramana and others,

In a Forum like this, where there is interaction between devotee to devotee, one's understanding of Sri Bhagavan teachings
may be correct and the other's may be incorrect. Or sometimes both may be correct in different angles. But one thing -
in this Forum we cannot give our own teachings and all our posts should be based on Sri Bhagavan's teachings only,
either told by Him or by His devotees.  Hence when one gets perturbed and that too, too often, by some interactive replies
given by other devotee, is not correct.  To participate or withdraw is one's own decision. But the Forum welcomes all opinions
right or wrong.  It is for the participant devotees to sort out what is the correct teaching of Sri Bhagavan.  This sort of withdrawing
and re-participating on issues is definitely not correct, in my view.

Arunachala Siva.         

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »
:-)  I am thoroughly enjoying this forum :-)
Salutations to Bhagawan

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 06:17:45 PM »
Uncomfortable feelings after these posts a little tinted with jugements :(

Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »
Uncomfortable feelings after these posts a little tinted with jugements :(

I confess but I didn't do it with bad intentions. I may be reacted because was angry for they left us just because some forumers in given period of time didn't share their opinions. But I am not perfect.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 09:17:22 AM »
Udai garu, Nagaraj

Not sure you will read this. But whatever the case is - this forum lost two brilliant members.

I can understand what you are going through and I feel there are better ways to tackle this. I know you both know too well to be egoistic to leave this forum - I suspect you are leaving as you found this a distraction.

To be honest, I felt the same seeing the debates after first 2-3 weeks here itself, but you always have the choice of reducing your posts drastically and still watching the forum as an observer trying to pick the pearls that you find useful to you in your journey and reject the rest. None is here to change the journey direction of others and NONE can judge whether someone's path is right or wrong - as NONE of us in this forum have "uncovered it".

You can always post your views as a single post - without having the need to debate it out and justify it - because your posts will guide those who find it right - others will debate, argue, reject etc. But then that is not the point I see in being here - personally. It is to share and accept what one finds in his / her journey.

I am not sure you will read this. But I thought I should express this - as I myself changed my attitude and involvement in this forum over last 3-4 weeks, as I found fit personally in modifying / augmenting my journey path and reject the rest without having to verbally express it.

-Sanjay

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:26:11 AM by sanjaya_ganesh »
Salutations to Bhagawan

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2012, 10:05:22 PM »
dear friends,
I really wish Nagaraj sir and Srkudai Sir do return.One thing I would like to mention is that one of the reasons for the misunderstandings that are sometimes caused here is that the posts sometimes are too long and sometimes too fast i.e in terms of frequency.A little additional introspection to the posts will reduce  a lot of unnecessary misunderstanding .I also take this opportunity to ask for forgiveness if I have unintentedly hurt someone through my posts,suggestion or advice in this forum, since this seems a good time to express this.I am also member of some forums which are generally very quiet and perhaps belong to the other extreme i.e frequency of posts is too low.
It is my suggestion hence  to members to keep their posts averagely sized unless long posts are a must  like a treatise or a story, so that members can digest the information considering the short attention spans that we have on account of modern day stressful living .It is also suggested to keep the frequency of posts average like once in two days so that more introspection can bring out some brilliant posts which most members of this forum have produced.
The  two outstanding members Nagaraj Sir and Udai Sir who have left are requested to return since they have a lot to contribute and a lot to share.
It is by the grace of Ramana  that we are/were and will be  here and we shall wish them back howsoever times they have / will leave the forum and we defintely hope they will return .
Regards,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand