Author Topic: If I am God why dont I know everything  (Read 814 times)

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
If I am God why dont I know everything
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »
Another master piece from In Woods of God Realization by Swami Ramatirth - the adored Disciple of Swami Vivekananda

-----------
You know that Rama preaches that you are God, Now Somebody asks, "If I am God, why do I not know everything?" Rama asks, "Brother, if you are not God, what are you? Let us know." He said, ―I am this body‖. Alright, if you are simply the false personality, if you are this body, let us know the number of hairs on your head. Is not the head yours? He said, "Yes." If the head is yours, please do tell us the number of hairs you have on your head. Do tell us how many bones you have. (This man knows nothing about Anatomy). How many muscles? Did you not take food this morning? Then let us know where is the food that you took this morning. Is it in the bowels? Is it in the kidneys, stomach, lungs? Where is it? He could make no answer. Then Rama says, you cannot tell the number of hairs on your head, and yet the hair are yours. Whether you can tell the number of bones and muscles you have or not, the bones and muscles are yours. Whether you can tell where the food is that you took this morning, whether you can tell that or not, the body is yours. You have taken it, nobody else has taken it. Similarly whether your intellect be able to tell the number of stars in the skies or not, all the stars are yours. Whether or not your intellect be able to tell what is passing in England at this moment, still England is yours. Whether you be able to tell or not what is going on in the planet Mercury, the planet Mercury is yours. If you cannot tell these things, it does not follow that they are not yours. Who is to tell these things? To tell these things is the work of that which is finite. You can tell what that picture is (pointing to a picture on the wall) because you are aware the picture is here. You are not the picture; the subject and the object are different. You tell what is that picture because it is different from you, the word ‗you‘ being taken in its false sense. But if you are that, if you are everything, if there is nothing else besides yon, if you are Infinite, if there is nothing else which can limit you, who will tell about you? Thus telling and seeing stops there. It cannot reach there. No words can reach there.
------------

Peace,
Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan