Author Topic: Writing  (Read 1491 times)

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Writing
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »
Friends - I see some of you post in Tamil, Sanskrit fonts. How do you do that in this forum. I dont see the forum text area allowing me to do that. Neither can I copy paste after writing somewhere else. Sorry to post this query here.

-Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Writing
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 04:46:41 PM »
Sanjaya,
If this text is in unicode elsewhere ,a simple copy and paste of it can be done.I have posted the tamil hymns of Thayumanavar available in another site by a simple copy and paste.
Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:10:29 PM »
Dear Ravi,

Leaving the current page in the middle, how to access Tayumanavar and Manikkavachagar and then cut and paste? Now
to come back to the  original page for pasting?

Arunachala Siva.   

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »
Dear  i,

one can use an online tamil write pad such as http://www.greenmesg.org/tamil_online_tools/tamil_writing_pad.php (created by our old member, Silentgreen :)

It just requires a little bit of learning, and one can just type anything.

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 09:32:11 PM »
Subramanian,
It is quite simple and I am sure you will be able to do it.I remember that you have a new computer for sometime.I presume that you are using Internet Explorer version 7 or above.Never mind,We will see how to do it.
1.Step 1:Look at the top Right hand corner and we will find a '-' and a 'x'.If we move the cursor to 'x' and click ,it will close the window.We should not do this.If we move the cursor to '-' and click on it,the window will be minimized to the task bar.If we again click on the minimized bar on the task bar,it will again open the same window.Let us practise this a couple of times.Perhaps you already know this.
2.If you look uptowards the left of the window and locate the tab,we will find a '+' and if we click on it,it will open a fresh window.Let us do it now.If now we go and press the earlier tab,it will open the earlier window.Let us try toggling to and fro so as to have a feel of it.
3.Let us say we are in the arunachala-ramana blog,keying in our reply and we wish to 'copy and paste ' some content in another site.What we need to do is to open another window by pressing the '+' sign .In this new window we may open ,let us say a Google site by keying in www.google.com.Now in the Google search bar,just key in Thayumanavar songs tamil.It will give link to shaivam.org site like:
http://www.shaivam.org/tamil/sta_tayumanavar1_u.htm
4.If we want the English translation ,open another window by again pressing another '+' to the Shaivam.org site and open a google window.Now if we do a search for ThAyumanavar songs Himalayan academy,we will land up somewhere here:
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/tayumanavar/index.shtml

Now all that we have to do is to go to the song that we choose and click in the very beginning of the verse and holding the shift key pressed on the keyboard,move the cursor to the end of the verse and click again the mouse 'left' key.The passage will be highlighted.Next,we move the cursor to the middle of the highlighted passage and click the 'right' key and a menu option opens.Now again move the cursor to the 'Copy' option and click the 'LEFT' key of the mouse.This captures the 'Highlighted' portion of the Text.

5.Now go back to the window of the arunachala-ramana org where we need to paste it.Move it to this
place and click the Right key.We will see a paste option and we move the cursor to the 'Paste' option and click the "right' key and this will do the magic.We will have the text appearing here,like this:

ஆராயும் வேளையில் பிரமாதி யானாலும்
      ஐயவொரு செயலுமில்லை
  அமைதியொடு பேசாத பெருமைபெறு குணசந்த்ர
     ராமென இருந்தபேரும்
நேராக வொருகோபம் ஒருவேளை வரஅந்த
       நிறைவொன்று மில்லாமலே
    நெட்டுயிர்த் துத்தட் டழிந்துளறு வார்வசன
      நிர்வாக ரென்றபேரும்
பூராய மாயோன்று பேசுமிட மோன்றைப்
     புலம்புவார் சிவராத்திரிப்
   போதுதுயி லோமெனற விரதியரும் அறிதுயில்
     போலேயிருந்து துயில்வார்
பாராதி தனிலுள்ள செயலெலாம் முடிவிலே
      பார்க்கில்நின் செயலல்லவோ
  பார்குமிட மெங்குமொரு நீக்கமற நிறைகின்ற                     
      பரிபூர ணானந்தமே.

(Ditto with English translation):

When you come to think of it,
Even Brahma and the rest of the gods are powerless to act on their own.
Even those who habitually observed a calm demeanor
And were sparing of words,
And who built up the reputation
As acme of gentle behaviour
Sometimes do fly into a temper, losing all balance
And breathing hard, indulge in sudden outbursts.

Even those who were reputed as men
That are masters of expression
Sometime miss the central point
And blabber at will.

Even those who vowed
That they would not have a wink of sleep
On the Holy Night of Siva,
Fall into a twilight sleep,
Waking and waking not.

When thus, you come to examing
The activities that go on in the myriad worlds,
Are they not really all
Of Thine own willing?

Oh! Thou who filleth all visible space
In unbroken continuity!
Thou, the Bliss that is Perfect Full .

Please try a couple of times and do not bother if we make mistakes ;we may review it here using the 'Preview' option and either correct or reformat the text to make it more presentable.
Wish you the Very Best.
Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 01:49:42 PM »
Dear Ravi,

Thank you for your detailed guidelines. I am having an Acer computer, and am using Google Chrome. This google chrome has
no '- 'and 'x' on top right. However it has got star mark which when touched by the mouse shows 'Site Advisor' and another star
which says 'Book mark this.'   Nevertheless, I have got Azhagi - Tamizh font facilities, just as skype etc., If I could use that then
I can take the Tamizh passages from the books concerned and do it. Can you guide me on these two points?

Arunachala Siva.     

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 04:00:42 PM »
Subramanian,
I just downloaded Google Chrome. Whatever I have said for explorer is relevant for Chrome as well.You will find the '-' and 'x' buttons above the star symbol that you allude to.If not,it is likely that the image is spreading beyond the boundaries of the screen .Please check.
I suggest that you try using the tool that Nagaraj has suggested.It is quite convenient and you may key in text using the keyboard and get the tamil text corresponding to the keystrokes.A little familiarity with phonetics and key combinations will help.
Please try what I have suggested for copy and paste.
If you find it difficult to figure for yourself,I suggest that you call anyone with a little familiarity with PC use and you can learn some of these simple ,yet useful things.
Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 05:18:36 PM »
Dear Ravi,

Thank you. I shall try to get it.

Arunachala Siva.