Author Topic: executive dinners Versus tasty food at Maharishee's times  (Read 1988 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
executive dinners Versus tasty food at Maharishee's times
« on: April 23, 2012, 07:12:38 PM »
The software job is never proper karma yoga.   Krishna never meant all this lavishness is duty.

But nowadays  we have only two choices -- either be extra vagant by workalcholic way or starve.

These software guies take excessive pride in their life style,  in the luxury cars and servants they have,  they all think they have landed from heaven.

For them all religious matters are 'some poojas' fashionably pronounced.

People like me are odd one out,  in their majestic regime of royal Kings decorated with all luxuries,  I am such a exception that even the servants around who serve these royal people have a opinion that this person is out of the way.

Last week,  they arranged a lavish Rock dance in a famous night cafe of MG Road,  I went there without any relevance .  The music was piercing my ears and they all drank very very costly wines.

They tagged a small wrist--paper to identify that I am into their club.

I drank some apple juice and some veg 'starters'.  I re-collected how Maharishee was not wasitng any food and compared to the breakfast taste of our Seshahdri Ashram cafe and the simplictiy,  this royal cafe is nothing.

This much lavishness --  it this part of one's job?  If I did not attend,  I would have been branded not a team player.  Team wicket -keeper etc. etc.

I was showing a dull face throughout the party -- client global manager was there,  it was embarassing for my managers to have a person with this face before their esteemed clients.  But I could not invite a dummy smile no matter how hard I tried.

All along I was waiting when this will end.

So much wastage of food -- they ordered and left half eaten ,  even me .   Because the dishes were American,  in Veg there were only minimal options and I cannot swallow cheese in different forms.

I compared sitting in the row of leaf plates for Maharishee's Maha Nirvana day and enjoying the simple feast with all devotees,  like a innocent child.   I also re-collected Kunju Swamis puri parcel from Maharishee.  If Maharishee were there in such parties,  I think he would have slapped every body for all this lavishness.

I love you Ramana,  all along I carry your memories though I never saw you.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: executive dinners Versus tasty food at Maharishee's times
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 11:59:55 PM »
good stuff krishna

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 07:03:09 AM »
Krishna Ji - Count me in as another "worth less" software guy along with you from Bangalore. Dont worry. You are not alone :). With all these, I hardly have friends for several years - but then what I am completely happy and contended as Sri Bhagawan shines all around and that supreme consciousness... Well said... I can assimilate the situation exactly as you mentioned in my life too...
Salutations to Bhagawan

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »
Bhagavan embraced everything that came his way as a gift from Arunachala - the cancer, the good food that the wealthy Maharajas offered him, the no food times .... everything. 

IMO, you are not being very spiritual by resenting the way you earn your livelihood or the corporation that is providing it to you. In fact you are creating kukarma.

If I were you and didn't have the means to renounce life completely and live like Ramana Maharshi, then I would embrace the parties wholeheartedly while silently remembering Bhagavan as I went about my day.  I would nibble on the non veg food, drink non-alchoholic drinks.  (I can teach you how to make a glass of nimbu juice and one big pakora last the entire evening.) Then I would chuck everything in the garbage bin and head home to meditate. 

About the wastage, to show how socially responsible you are, you can even start a bin for a food bank or an orphanage or an old age home. What is left over you can ceremoniously, with your boss' permission and including everyone, ship it off to a charity.  Every one will feel good that they did some good.

Accept everything as a gift from Arunachala. Thank him profusely for it. He gave you this lifestyle because you asked him for it at some time in the past.  When you have made enough money and fulfilled your family responsibilities, you can retire to Tiruvannamalai to live the lifestyle you want now. But don't forget to thank the IT company that made it possible for you to retire.  :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 02:41:08 PM by Child of Arunachala »

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 03:12:52 PM »
:)
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 06:21:07 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

Yes we live for others, we eat for others, we smile for others, we grin for others. No body lives for one's own peace within.

Arunachala Siva.

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 01:46:43 PM »
Dear Subramanian Sir,

Swami Ramakrishna used to look upon every person who came to him as the Divine Mother.  He accepted that each was in various stages of spiritual unfoldment but in his mind's eye he would bow to the people who came to him as the Divine Mother.   It was his way of obliterating the feeling of 'other"  Everyone became his own higher self.

I tried it on the orange robed sanyasi who was bothering me in Tiruvannamalai.  The irritation I had for him vanished. I am calm now when I see him. My mind is at peace.

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:27:19 PM by Child of Arunachala »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 01:56:49 PM »
Dear Child of Arunachala,

One day in the dining hall, the servers forgot to serve Mudaliar Patti's food and Echammal's food to Sri Bhagavan. Normally,
when all items are served, Sri Bhagavan used to look at everyone and then nod His head for starting the eating. On that day,
Sri Bhagavan did not do that. Then the devotees knew the mistake and immediately food from Patti and Echammal were
served. Sri Bhagavan said: Today we are eating nice dishes. But I remember the days only when Patti's and Echammal's food
were available. You cannot compare that food which was nectar for me, with today's various delicacies.

Arunachala Siva.     

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 04:30:38 PM »
Dear Subramaniam, sir

Yes, but that is Bhagavan. He was paying respect to the two pattis who fed him before he became famous.

In this instance above, these guys were resenting their employer and their livelihood, not realising that it was Arunachala who is the real employer. All they had to do was to make subtle arrangements to their thinking. That is all. What do you think?

child of Arunachala

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 06:12:57 PM »

Dear Child of Arunachala,

Yes. You have to grin and bear it.

Arunachala Siva.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 06:16:13 PM »
As Ravi has posted in Rough Notebook, we have to just be like Swami Vivekananda - Do you want to play with this Maya OR do you want to go and sit in caves? Decide yourself :).
Salutations to Bhagawan