Author Topic: Is it Prana?  (Read 2872 times)

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Re: Is it Prana?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 03:55:42 PM »
Prasanth sir - Agreed. Can you elaborate who said this please and in which context please for me to better understand. Thanks much.

He says you cannot pick and choose few slokas from bhagavad gita

And yes -  I think rebirth theory is very solid - I only see evidences of it all around. So not much logic required to prove that. Without that we would all have been same from same manufaturing factory.

And even scientifically, I am sure most of you have heard about Dr. Ian Stevenson, who is one of the most respected psychologists proving this irrefutably with more than 1000 clinical studies. So whichever way you go, this is a solid theory.
Salutations to Bhagawan

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 06:12:01 PM »
Sri Sundara Chaitanya Swami spoke those words.

He said this once when he is discussing about bhagavad gita and guru ramana maharshi.

I think once when one devotee requested ramana maharshi has choosen 42 slokas from bg gita.

Anyways as our guru ramana says there is unity in diversity.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »
Dear i,

Even to say that, you would not have been to see, that Prana did not exist, something else should exist  which sees the absence of prana

That is where it gets tricky :). Why should something exist if Prana is not there? I guess this is exactly the confusion that led Budhists to Shunya vada :).

Before, we can discern further, what do mean, when you say Prana? what is your understanding of Prana.

when you said - "I woke up AS IS with no damage"
Who are you refering to? Who woke up from sleep?

In essence, "I" was persisted inside Prana when I slept. Only Prana existed. No I. When Prana projected back "I", "I" came up and said Prana should have existed in sleep as it projected me back itact. Not logical?

I am sorry - I am trying to walk the path and prove Shunya vada wrong which Acharya Swamigal did so well I have heard. Again, I think I cannot escape the question "Who controlled Prana" and that which controlled Prana must be there when everything else is not there. And must exist when Prana disappears. But I cannot reach it with Prana. Perhaps, that is why great souls go through "death experience" like Bhagawan. Else, mere sleep experience would have led them there :)

Now, you have observed that "I" persisted inside Prana. Now, please discern whether there are 2 here, one Prana and other "I" can both exist? please contemplate, what you mean when you said - " "I" was persisted inside Prana when I slept."

Contemplate on these two, what are you really referring to, when you say 'Prana' and what are you referring to when you say 'I'

Some facts. In advanced yogic practices, especially, those adept with Hatha Yoga, and, due to advanced Pranayama practices, when they meditate, after a while, they reach breathlessness and continue to meditate, and later, they are able to breath normally.

Another simple fact for discernment, In all cardiac surgeries, when the doctors operate the body, the heart is made to stop pumping blood, does not life energy still remain?

Yet, you are moving in the right direction, even though, all the discernment about Prana, etc... may not yet be giving clarity, when you asked yourself this beautiful question -

"I cannot escape the question "Who controlled Prana" and that which controlled Prana must be there when everything else is not there. And must exist when Prana disappears. But I cannot reach it with Prana."

i ask, why do you want to reach that. That only Art Thou. There is no reaching that, for we are being that. Like in my previous post, the desire to reach that is not possible, because, you are that. You very self, which is feeling incomplete is very much That. you which feels ego 'I' itself is 'That' Just we need to seek to clarify to erase the ego. All these are happening in the presence of the Self.

This is subtle and at the same time, silly as well, literally, like that of a person who is searching for his spectacles wearing it on his nose. He can never find his spectacles unless he realizes that he is already wearing it, and there is no finding it, and it is impossible to find it. And, at the same, when he realises that he is already wearing it, we really can't sat that he found it, for it was already there, and at the same time, we cant even say, there is no finding as well.

Wanting to reach the Self, see the Self, is like wanting the eye to look at itself, can the eye, at any time, be able to look its own pupil?

When the seeker, fervently desires to see Himself no more, then the seeker reposes within as Himself. - Jnaneshwar

This itself is Surrender or Sharanagathi. And this happens when true Jnana results.

:)

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 12:50:53 PM »
Friends,

I keep getting myself into this trap - is it not Prana which is persistent when awake, dreaming or in deep sleep. Is it not prana which is "persisting" me in deep sleep and giving me continuity when I wake up. The same I which slept, came back with continuity because Prana was there all through? Is it not? When Prana goes the "I" goes and never comes back (unlike in sleep) and has no continuity. THis is the mental trap I am in.

I know I am wrong obvioulsy because my most beloved Guru says it is not - but I am unable convince myself ? Should I simply trust Guru and proceed that it is NOT Prana or is there any logical explanation to my dilemma?

-Sanjay

Sanjay

Dear Sanjay

Even I have many doubts .  Everybody is grabbing a portion and breaking our logical brain to give a logical flowchart to each and everything.

What I feel is,  even many other things Maharishee has told,  we are not taking in the actual senses.

Because the actual sense is beyond words and we can never reach the stateless state by words.

So just surrender all doubts and questions to Maharishee mentally without trying to solve them.

This answer is very well applicable to me also.

There is no point in finding answers or solutions to doubts and desires.  Simply these two items take away our mental peace.

Why to make friends with these two noisy elements?

Prana, I thought,  sleep,  etc. are just words .  the meaning they point to is fully experience itself.

So if at all,  we want any knowledge to be revelaed,  let us make a firm resolve to become that process and see what happens.

For example,  prana means life energy that starts with breath.  With this one line words,  try to breath and become breath itself.  Prana may reveal its secrets.

I thought is by definition,  the inner feeling of "i".    So  become that inner feeling and dwell in that "i" sense whenever you talk or walk.  May be,  the I thought will reveal that knowledge to us.

Any object ,  we verily become and then we reveal ourselves.  God knows God.