Author Topic: Attitude Shift Vs Practise  (Read 1087 times)

srkudai

Attitude Shift Vs Practise
« on: April 16, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
DELETED
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:13:31 PM by srkudai »

nonduel

• View Profile
Re: Attitude Shift Vs Practise
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 11:04:20 PM »
Dear Srkudai,

There is a difference between a "Practise Technique" and "Attitude"
Attitude is more powerful and one need not do it continuously and yet it works. But one needs to hold onto it.
A techinque has to be practised continuously and then too chances of falling are high.

Example: observing breath is a technique.
Try it and see, u will slip a lot of times, obviously its not possible to keep the mind on it continuously.

And
Nowhere to Go, nothing to do ...
this is an attitude. it also needs to be practised, but easier ... and far less taxing  and easy to maintain continuity. coz its an attitude.

WE need change in attitude more than practises in spiritual journey.
We need a perception change: as explained by Psychologists , more than a new practise.

For a sadhaka, at first, there is a great need to "do".

And I think that unless one puts a lot of effort in different practices, reading, searching for answers, being flooded with doubts and becoming discourage with results. After a time, this is where surrender becomes evident. Then the question is how?

That's where the "change in attitude", the "perception change" occurs. Because although the ego does all the practices in the world, it will NEVER Realize. NEVER!

I Am what I Am looking for. Rest in that conviction! Not giving any credibility to the thoughts, to the doubts. Just resting in Beingness. Being still!

The more one gives attention to "doing", the more the identification with the ego is strenghtened. That's the biggest obstacle.

Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 01:37:37 PM »

The change in attitude comes only when one realizes that it is the grace of guru or god that should come hand in hand with
me apart from all practices that I do (or my ego does).

Arunachala Siva.

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »
perhaps instead of focusing on practicing we could focus on what cannot be practiced
suffering is very complicated and requires much practice ... truth is simple and cannot be practiced   :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it