Author Topic: DELETED  (Read 1558 times)

srkudai

DELETED
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »
Heee who cares? Lets rather read how Ramana cooked food and it became delicious.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:31:34 PM by srkudai »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Who gets hit by thoughts ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »
our desire, for fruits of action, that is touched.

the doer gets touched.

(Phala Apekhsa) desire for fruits of action. So, naturally, when something happens or not happens, one either enjoys the fruits or regrets the non occurrence of desired fruits (results) of actions

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:08:48 PM »
Dear srkudai, Nagaraj,

Yes. The 'I' gets touched by thoughts and thoughts becomes desires, desires become action etc., etc., Nochur Venkataraman
speaks about thinking and 'thoughting'. The first is understood. The second is, without our volition, suddenly some thoughts
do appear in the mind. No deliberate attempt by the mind or ego. But it happens. This morning, suddenly one PAl  VaNNam Pillai,
a devout Saivite, who was my class teacher, in Class 8,  came to my mind. How he came? I don't know. But once this thought appears, then
the I start thinking further about him. What a nice teacher was he? He used to teach wonderful English grammar through the then
famous book Wren and Martin.  But he was also good at caning the boys. The errant boys used to be caned severely by him.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »
Who is this doer?
 A thought ?

Can we get at how this is happening really ?

plz tell me who is the person who is getting hit / thouched ?

Dear i,

i discern, and question myself, is it really necessary? to know who is getting hit? not really, the moment when you have recognised this.

The moment, you recognised, you are no longer being hit. This is the important thing. The other things are really sundry details... lets leave them :)

i recognise now. I am. is constant recognition.

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 05:14:58 PM »
Dear srkudai,

A single thought may be momentary. But it gives birth to a series of thoughts. It is like throwing a stone on a pond. First only 
a small circle is seen. It becomes bigger and bigger through concentric circles. Each circle can be a momentary thought. But it
spreads into million thoughts!

Arunachala Siva.     

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 06:17:47 PM »
Dear all,

Nice discussion. While self enquiry questioning who is getting touched with thoughts may be necessary to get rid of evil thougts but not all thoughts needs to be rejected.

As bhagavan says small desires like desire to eat,sleep,recreation are fine. Self Enquiry is not necessary in fulfilling small desires.

So not all thoughts should/can be rejected.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 06:36:49 PM »
Dear srkudai,

Even for a Jnani in Sahaja Nirvikalpa Samadhi, there will  be thoughts, basic thoughts, like taking bath, evacuation, drinking
water, taking food etc.  There will also be bhoga hetu vasanas.  These do not create a rebirth. Muruganar says that for a
Jnani who has no mind, it is God who uses him as instrument and do all these.

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 06:45:03 PM »
Udia garu,

I think i agree with subramanian garu that some times forcefully few thoughts arise from our mind like a bullet released from gun and you will not have enough relaxed time to judge or ask question like " is there anyone really who stands inbetween 2 thoughts?"

So really we should aim trying to reduce rajo guna and tamo guna and utlise satva guna to major extent as bhagavan suggested.

Afterall bg gita says 3 modes revolve and no mahatma is exception in this.

But major difference between mahatma and us is their percentage of rajo and tamo guna is lower when satva guna percentage is higher.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 07:48:04 PM »
well very well said sir and i agree that change in attitude is important.