Author Topic: Our Bhagavan-Comments  (Read 59836 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Our Bhagavan-Comments
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Chinamayanada (at that time called Bhaskara Menon) came to Sri Bhagavan. He sat still. Sri Bhagavan looked at him intently.
For about 15 minutes He looked at him. Chinmayanada prostrated and left. He then went to Uttara Kasi and learnt spiritual matters
with Tapovan Maharaj. Chinmayananda later said: Whatever I have learnt in Uttara Kasi had already been told by Sri
Bhagavan by His fifteen minutes look!

Arunachala Siva,   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2012, 05:02:55 PM »
Dear Balaji,

T.K.S. Iyer is one of the few persons who have given the mantra - Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya Namah |

Arunachala Siva. 

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2012, 05:05:23 PM »
Dear Subramanain sir

I very much like the words "Whatever I have learnt in Uttara Kasi had already been told by Sri
Bhagavan by His fifteen minutes look!".
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »
Dear Balaji,

I think they are cockroaches and not ants.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2012, 03:15:52 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan never approved any herbal remedies or kaya kalpa to prolong one's life. Nochur Venkataraman used to tell
a story: Once a person from Kumbakonam said that he had discovered a medicine which would help prolong life.  He even advertised
in news papers. He told eminent people like Annie Besant about it. He announced a date, and he said on that day, in a temple,
he would release the medicine. On that morning itself there was a long queue to buy the medicines. It was 10 am, 11 am, 12 noon,
1 pm, 2 pm - the person never turned up. Later people came to know that the person who was said to have released the medicine
died of heart attack that morning.

Arunachala Siva.     

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2013, 06:41:13 AM »
Balaji,
"But one thing was certain, for their spritual hunger. Bhagavan's words had been an unexpected feast"
Wonderful story and the way Sri Bhagavan drives home the central theme is so typical and rivetting.There is supreme compassion as well as illuminating knowledge that it points out so starkly!Thanks very much.
Namaskar.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2013, 07:33:15 PM »
Maurice Frydman — His Last Illness
Maurice Frydman was in Bombay during his last illness. Except an old lady, his close friend, who herself was an invalid and much older than him, there was no one to attend on him. A professional nurse had a dream in which an old man in a loin cloth urged her to go to Maurice Frydman and attend on him in his last days. The next day, moved by curiosity, she went to Maurice and offered her professional services. The offer was turned down. Disappointed, she started walking out of the house. Lo! when she lifted her head she saw the face of the 'old man' of her dream in the picture hanging on the wall, over the exit door. It was Bhagavan Ramana. She again came back into the room and told Maurice the story of his Master requesting her to take care of him. Then Maurice gladly agreed. Till the last moment of his earthly life Maurice was most peaceful and serene, in body and mind.

Dear Balaji,

Thank You so much for this story!!! So thouching,Beautiful.

With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2013, 08:56:24 AM »
Dear Balaji,

Nice. Chidambaram is the place where Sakti and Sivam are separate. Siva represents the Space here. And Sakti causes all the
other elements. This Sakti merges with Siva, that is all elements merge in Space, which is eternal and this is represented by
Arunachala.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2013, 05:19:24 PM »
Dear Balaji,

The story of Mahalakshmi Amma is a sad one. Three such male children died. In one case, Sri Bhagavan tapped the child's cheek.
In another case, He gave a spoonful of sugar. In the third case, He applied Vibhuti -- all at the instance of Mahalakshmi Amma and
her husband. All the children attained moksha due to Sri Bhagavan's diksha in one way or other. The couple though sorrowful,
were pacified by the kind words of Sri Bhagavan and His compassionate words.

Arunachala Siva,     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2013, 04:35:48 PM »
Dear Balaji,

There are many stories about kitchen and also outside. Once Sri Bhagavan was looking for His coupina and towel (previous day's)
in the bathroom for washing. Visvanatha Swami came and told Him: Bhagavan, I have already washed them and they are getting
dried. Sri Bhagavan said: Oho, you are making my lazy. Do one thing, tomorrow, you give your dhoti and towel and I shall wash
them for you!

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2013, 03:46:31 PM »
Dear Balaji,

About this old woman, for whom Sri Bhagavan came out of His Cave and sat on the rock to brush His teeth, there is a beautiful
poem by Ana Callan Ram. This I have already posted. However, I shall post this again here.

Devotion:

(Mountain Path, Jayanti, 2012.)

Every day Ramana would sit out on a rock
to clean His teeth,
even when the rains came
and the winds whipped
at His body
still He sat,
Mountain and Man fused into One,
and when His devotees tried to stop Him,
to lure Him towards where it was warm,
He refused.

It was years before they learned
the truth of His mission; an elderly
lady, He had heard, was no longer
able to walk to the Asramam

and so she came within view
of His rock day after day,
Ramana, Lord of Lords,
how could He turn from
a true desire for darshan?

Arunachala Siva.   

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2013, 04:14:50 PM »
Dear Sri Balaji,dear Sri Subramanian sir,

Wonderful,heart thouching story. How can anyone describe Bhagavan's Greatness. He is indeed Unique,Pure Love and Sweetness! With Him,we are bound to feel protected,loved and cared for. Like father He is,like Gardian and a True Friend. O,there can never be enough words to describe such Beauty and Goodness.

Thank You so much!

With love and prayers,

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2013, 04:16:35 PM »
Dear µSubramanian Sir

very nice song, But may i know who is that Ana  Calla Ram

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2013, 04:22:58 PM »
Dear Balaji,

He is an Indian born in America and stays there with frequent visits to Asramam. He has recently written a collection of poems
and published under the title The Boy Who Would be the Sage. The book is quite expensive and some 10 copies were given
to the Asramam for sale at Rs 100.00. But I missed it. However, these poems are published in various issues of  Mountain Path,
and about 5 to 6 poems have come out so far.

Arunachala Siva.   

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2013, 07:26:40 PM »
thank you subramanian sir