Author Topic: Our Bhagavan-Comments  (Read 41812 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Our Bhagavan-Comments
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »
Sri Swayam,

Dear Balaji

Thanks for sharing this. All Mahatmas time and again tell the same thing - staying humble and I wonder how often i remember this.
Just read few things about few Mahatmas gives me a feeling as if I know 'something'. This anecdote reminds me how much more I have to learn and unlearn. Bhagavan's heart melts at any small instance of pure , motive less bhakthi or adoration or love. They don't miss any such instance however small it may appear to us and help uplift the person/animal. No words to express HIS love. Can't type more as Iam in office now.Thanks again for sharing this

request you to kindly post your comments in this thread, as it will remain orderly and systematic :)

Thank you,

with prayers,

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2012, 05:35:21 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Excellent Story. Manikkavachagar also says: You are the Effulgence showing me Light......  (Keerthi Tiru Ahaval, Tiruvachakam.)

தூண்டு சோதி தோற்றிய தொன்மையும்
அந்தணன் ஆகி ஆண்டுகொண்டருளி
இந்திர ஞாலம் காட்டிய இயல்பும்
மதுரைப் பெருநல் மாநகர் இருந்து
குதிரைச் சேவகன் ஆகிய கொள்கையும் 45

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2012, 08:36:14 PM »
He asked me if there was a temple in my village. I told him there was. He wanted to know the name of the deity of that temple. I told Him the name. He then said that I should go on repeating the name of that deity and I would receive all the blessings needed."
I came back to Bhagavan's presence and sat among the devotees listening to the learned discussion, in which I had now lost all interest, realizing that the simple humility and devotion of this peasant had evoked a far greater response from our Master than any amount of learning. I then decided that, though a scholar by profession, I should always remain a humble, ignorant peasant at heart, and pray, like that villager, for Bhagavan's grace and blessings.

Sri Swayam,

A very touching incident, indeed! Thank you!

I felt, one of the reasons such incidents touch our hearts more, is because, there is that peasant in all of us, but it is covered with all our intelligence and various other things.

How much should it take that Sri Bhagavan himself got up and walked towards this devotee! truly humbling! Truly humbling!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

swayam

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2012, 07:18:25 AM »
Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Dear Guru Bhandhus

Sorry was not aware of this thread, yes any comments, will post here.Thanks for letting me know.

A Guru can do miracles by a mere gaze.

Arunachala Siva.   

So true Sir !, so true.

Sir!, one request

an incident about Bhagavan's closeness to animals. A diseased dog was trying to enter the gates of Ramanashram daily for 3 days. Other dogs and some Ashram people kept driving it away. One night Bhagavan slowly walked out of the hall without disturbing anyone. The person attending him thought he was going to the bathroom and followed him at a distance. After a couple of minutes, when Bhagavan did not return, he went looking for him and heard Bhagavan’s voice saying “Thrupthiyachaa?” “Podhumaa ?” (Is it enough ?, Are you satisfied?). He found Bhagavan squatting next to the diseased dog. The dog was licking Bhagavan all over his body including his face while Bhagavan was talking to the dog with these words. After a few minutes, Bhagavan got up and slept on the cot without bothering to clean himself. Next day morning, the Ashramites found the dog lying dead near the entrance. The dog was holding on to its life to have Bhagavan's Darshan.

Can you pl tell me in which book this wonderful story is there.Got tears when I was reading it y'day in office, could not work afterwards.
Thanks a TON for sharing this

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 07:20:50 AM by swayam »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2012, 07:34:07 AM »
Swayam,
Thanks very much;this way,we can keep the threads uncluttered and easy to read for anyone who wants to read what is posted.
Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2012, 10:28:27 AM »
Dear Swayam,

This incident is narrated in one of the 8 volumes of Arunachala Ramana - the boundless ocean of Grace. I shall tell you the
specific volume and page number soon.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

The prostrations story is wonderful. Prostration is essentially to show the submission of ego to Guru or God. Sri Bhagavan does
not take anything free. So though He has no ego, He says He is prostrating to the devotee, even before the devotee prostrates to
Him.  Is He not the Guru, who allowed His leg to be stung by bees when He had accidentally trampled on the bush with bees and
created problems for them? He does not take anything  free. If He has committed a mistake to someone, He gladly receives the
punishment too!

Arunachala Siva.     

swayam

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
Dear Swayam,

This incident is narrated in one of the 8 volumes of Arunachala Ramana - the boundless ocean of Grace. I shall tell you the
specific volume and page number soon.

Arunachala Siva.

Thanks much Sir

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

This incident of Sri Bhagavan having had to break His collar bone, due to His throwing the stick between the squirrel
and the pouncing dog, - has been beautifully rendered by one Ana Callan Ram, an Indian living in America and  also
a great Ramana devotee. This poem appeared in one of the Mountain Path Issues during the years 2009-2012. I shall
post it when I am able to lay my hands on it.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

That poem which I referred to appears in Jan-Mar. 2012 of Mountain Path. It is written by one Ana Callan Ram, an Indian
living in America.

Collarbone broken as He tried
to save a squirrel from a dog,

body frail and waning as He
trailed uphill behind two men

to skandasramam. He came
to admire the stone mason's

quiet work, saying,
when He arrived,
'your prayers dragged
 me here.' And as I

read of such humble
tender of love, the tears

could not be quenched
for He who was God
of Gods and oh such
lover of men.

The second part of the story explains how in spite of difficulty Sri Bhagavan climbed to the Skandasramam to appreciate
the stone mason's work. Both the incidents show His ocean of compassion.

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2012, 06:28:32 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Ramana Mayvane song occurs in Sri Ramana Sanndhi Murai. It is Sri Bhagavan who told Meenakshi to sing the song changing
Muruga Mayavane....On hearing this, Muruganar left the Old Hall in a huff. He did not return for quite some time. Sri Bhagavan
then said with abundant compassion: Meenakshi! I am trying my best to make you and Muruganar united. But that guy does not
come around. What to do? Anyway you have no children. But I can assure you wherever you are - either in Asramam or elsewhere,
this Asramam will take care of you. Accordingly Prof. K. Swaminathan when he was in charge of Ramana Kendra was sending some
pension to her to Chennai everymonth. Muruganar also had left some money with one Chettiar to be given to Meenkashi every
month. With all that and with rising inflation, it became difficult for her to live. Later A.R.  Natrajan was also sending some money
to her. She was living with her relative and on the last day, when she was in death bed, in Chennai, suddenly a golden deer came
into her house, (where can there be a dear in Chennai streets?) and touched its head with that of Meenakshi and she passed away.
Sri  Bhagvan took care of her liberation.

Meenakshi was fond of coffee. Once she was restless in the Hall, since coffee was coming late. The all knowing Sri Bhagavan
knew this. When coffee at last arrived, He said: Give coffee to Meenashi first. Similarly He got some pair of saris from Kovilur
Math, since Meenkashi was wearing tattered saris.

Karunaiyal ennai Anda nee....

With all the didfficulties of life, Meenakshi had high regard for both Sri Bhagavan and Murugnar. She never even once spoke ill
of them for having spoiled  her married life..

(Heard from one old lady in T'malai Ashram - the latter part of the story, i.e. deer coming and touching her on her face.)

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2012, 12:59:50 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Yes. That same Raghavachari, a Vaishnavite, wrote Periya Puranam in English, as a publication of Sri Ramanasramam.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2012, 05:38:30 PM »
Dear Ravi and Nagaraj,

Once Sri Bhagavan was sitting in Pachaiamman Kovil. A group of monkeys were sitting around Him. He was teaching Atma
Vichara!  Viswanatha Swami came that side and told Sri Bhagavan: O Bhagavan! What will these monkeys know about
Atma Vichara?

Sri Bhagavan replied to him: Some monkeys may understand. As some of you are understanding Atma vichara!
Sri Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni roared with laughter on hearing Sri Bhagavsn's words.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2012, 05:51:33 PM »
Sir,

:D truly monkeys must be better than ourselves, we have all become too much intelligent for Atma vidyA :D

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2012, 11:56:06 PM »
Beautiful stories! And sooo cute 'conclusions' from You. I will put myself in the same category. Why symple when it can be complicated! :)