Author Topic: Our Bhagavan-Stories  (Read 201271 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Our Bhagavan-Stories
« Reply #810 on: February 10, 2015, 08:19:58 AM »
Question:  For me there is samsara and children, so my troubles do not end.

Bhagavan:  The samsara that is outside you, will not harm you. One should leave the samsara that is inside.

Annamalai Swami Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 10, 2015, 08:36:16 AM »
Question:  This (glimpse of the Self) is there only for five minutes.  Then it changes.

Bhagavan: (after keeping silent for sometime): All such thoughts should go. (Do not think it is only for 5 minutes etc.,)

Arunachala 'Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 10, 2015, 08:41:56 AM »
On 23.11.1938, Sri Bhagavan described  the greatness of Arunachala.

This Hill is Tejo lingam (agni swarupam). There is no lingam like this anywhere in the world. All other lingams were made of
by Siva.  Still they do not equal this Hill (Lingam).This lingam is of its own and by its own.  This place (Tiruvannamalai)
is called Nava dwara puri, i.e with nine gates to enter. In other words, from Tiruvannamalai, one can go out through nine
ways.  On the northern side of the Hill, Arunagiri Yogi lives in at the foot of a banyan tree as Siddha Yogi.  This is what the
puranas say.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 10, 2015, 08:49:21 AM »
On 2.1.1939, a devotee asked: 'Anandam is said to be of nine types.

Sri Bhagavan: Anandam (Bliss) is only one. It is Siva. It is our own nature.  The same Anandam is enjoyed through
various worldly pleasures, and so it is said to be of many.  Whatever Anandam one enjoys with mind, to such  an
extent one should also suffer.

Jnani has no such predicament.  He enjoys all Anandam and as Brahmanandam. Brahmanandam is is like an ocean.  The
Anandam from outside world are all like foam, bubbles and waves.

Anandam is common for all during sleep.   In deep sleep, all - whether he is a king or a poor fellow -Anandam is
experienced in the same value.

Annamalai Swami - Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 10, 2015, 08:56:18 AM »
On the evening of 7.11.1938, when I was strolling with Bhagavan on the Hill, I asked:  How to avoid sleep during mediation?

Sri Bhagavan:  Those who are meditating, should not do much work.The stomach should not be full. If the stomach is empty,
he will further progress.Like Veena's strings one should not tighten it too much nor it is left loose too much.

Every night, one should go for sleep at  10 pm and wake up at 2 am.  During day time, one should not sleep at all.
Whenever you become awake you should not sleep again. Only when you get sleep you should sleep.  But one should
not think 'I slept, I woke up' etc.,  He then told me to read the Devi Kalottaram sloka which runs as:

nidhiraiyaalum, ninaivathi aalum niththam siththam thaan moota mikach cheerazhiayum.....

Annamalai Swami - Reminiscences.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 10, 2015, 09:09:42 AM »
On 21.11.1938, I went with Bhagavan, when He was going for a stroll, I asked Him:

When I meditate, there is Vayu kumbaham.

Bhagavan: It is good only.

I: After successful meditation, what will happen?

Sri Bhagavan. You get the Samadhi.

I:In Samadhi, will I not experience anything?

Bhagavan:  No. One should meditate without any effort. That is only Samadhi.

I;What is Sahaja Samadhi?

Bhagavan: The meditation will happen all the time,without thinking I am meditating or I am not meditating.

I: Some times I experience that there is nothing is seen.

Bhagavan:  But while meditating one should do so only with consciousness.

Annamalai Swami  -Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 11, 2015, 12:03:16 PM »
Some time Yogi Ramaiah, Paul Brunton, Major Chadwick, M. Venkatramaiah and I used to discuss our spiritual sadhanas.
At that time Paul Brunton said: I had a strange experience in one of the pyramids of Egypt.  He also said that he has
written about it in his book Search in Secret Egypt. I said that this is nothing but attractive writing of a writer and nothing
more. Brunton took objection to this and I asked for his excuse.  Thereafter, we became close friends.

Nambiar's Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 11, 2015, 12:09:38 PM »
Once at night in a half dream and half wakeful state, I had dreamt that Bhagavan was explaining some Devi Stotras
to some brahmin children. At the same time, I dreamt that He wanted a small note book from me.

Next day, I gave the small note book purchased in some shop to Bhagavan. Bhagavan asked: Why are you giving this
note book to me?  I described about my dream. Then He said He had asked for such a note book from Madhava Swami
and he did not give such a notebook to Him. He then called Madhava Swami and said that He wanted to write Sri
Ramana Gita in Malayalam and Madhavswami did not give it.

Nambiar's Reminsicences.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 11, 2015, 12:17:23 PM »
In another dream,  I found one Sridhar from Goa was doing pranayama and found that sparks started rising from his spine
to the crown. And in the same dream Bhagavan advised him not to do such practices and follow the easy method of
self inquiry.

Next day, I met the same Sridhar and told him about my dream.  Sridhar embraced me and said: O my brother, I was
about to ask Sri Bhagavan whether I should follow pranayama or self inquiry. Your dream has answered this point.

Nambiar's Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 11, 2015, 12:35:59 PM »
Once in 1924, when Bhagavan was sitting in a thatched shed, (The Old Hall was yet to be constructed), one who
was born in a king's family, came to see Bhagavan.  He was said to be quite knowledgeable in Saivite literature.
He came to see Bhagavan after so much planning from a great distance.  He stood before Bhagavan without even
sitting for hours together.  No one asked him to sit also. Sri Bhagavan gazed at him in total silence for a long time.
He did not ask even any questions.  Finally he did namaskaram and left.  While going out he placed some hundreds
of rupees notes through one devotee to Sri Bhagavan.  The devotee placed them at the feet of Sri Bhagavan.

Bhagavan said humorously: He is from kingly clan.  He comes before me a coupina dhaari without even sitting.
But you receiving money from him like a beggar. How strange is this!

T.K. Sundaresa Iyer Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 11, 2015, 12:45:04 PM »
Once an Italian gentleman for about of 30 years of age,who is well read in Eastern and Western philosophy came to meet
Sri Bhagavan. He wanted to know in detail the teachings of Sri Bhagavan and also about the state of a Jivan Mukta.

Sri Bhagavan was explaining everything.  He said: A Jivan mukta is ever in total true nature of Brahman. He will not like
or dislike anything.  He speaks and acts with Brahman within.

The listener found this somewhat strange and also with no consistency.He asked: Then who is talking to me now?

Sri Bhagavan said: 'I' am not talking to you.

Noles,the Italian, understood this from within.

He said: Yes. 'You' are not talking to me,  (The Brahman within you is doing all the talking!)

He was full of bliss.

The devotees also listened to this conversation and became blissful.

T.K. Sundaresa Iyer's Reminiscences. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 12, 2015, 09:20:00 AM »
Our Bhagavan eventually left His mortal coil. His final Upadeasa was: 'Remove the obstacles.  The state where there are no
obstacles is the Pure state, where there is no misery.

Sri Krishna also conveyed this through Upadeasa, through Uddhava to Gopikas:  Ask them to not see my body and be
enamored about it. Ask them to see me their Hearts.

This is also the case with Sri Ramana Maharshi.  Though He left the mortal coil,He is still with us. His Swarupam is
still available in Sri Ramanasramam.  He is also in the Hearts of mature seekers.

To see Sri Krishna within Heart, Surdas  made his eyes blind  to see  Krishna in his Heart.

T.K. Sundaresa Iyer - 'Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 12, 2015, 12:22:43 PM »
When walk on the road, if a dog comes behind me I shall be afraid of, though, I move with known dogs. Once when I was
strolling on the Hill, a dog started barking at me. Soon several dogs started barking at me.This time, I was not afraid.
The 'fearlessness is the teaching of my Guru, Sri Bhagavan.'  When I came down, however I was relieved to a great extent.

These stray dogs are quite dangerous. If  such a dog bites, one gets a lot of bruises and if these bruises are not treated
in a proper manner, the affected person suffers from hydro-phobia and dies.

Frank Humphreys' Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 12, 2015, 12:28:02 PM »
Sri Bhagavan taught me:  Attaining Atmanubhti is quite rare.  There is no special prize for one who has attained Atmanubhuti.
But it is a blissful and indescribable state which no one explain. Such a Self Realized person has not other wants in life.

My Guru, Sri Bhagavan ever remains in this state. He is beyond Maya's snares.This is not understood by onlookers.

Frank Humphreys' Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 12, 2015, 12:35:08 PM »
Since I had spent most of my life with Sri Bhagavan, one day I wanted to ask Bhagavan whether I can summarize
His teachings in one or two sentences. Sri Bhagavan also agreed.Then I said:

God alone is there staying eternally in one's true nature.  All the rest in the universe are only appearances and concepts.

Sri Bhagavan smiled and said, Yes. Yes. That is the essence of my teaching. Sri Bhagavan Himself has said in Ulladu Narpadu
-Anubhandam: thuriyam athE uLathaal thOnRum im moonRum inRaam.....

T.K. Sundaresa Iyer- Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.