Author Topic: Our Bhagavan-Stories  (Read 200773 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Our Bhagavan-Stories
« Reply #690 on: January 17, 2015, 02:13:34 PM »
On the night of 18.06.1942, I asked Bhagavan about Arunachala Mahatmyam:

Sri Bhagavan said: This Hill was never created nor will it be destroyed. It has no beginning and end. It is Swayambu, i.,e formed
on its own.  Lingam means union it causes.  There can be many more meanings. God, Atma, Siva and many names are there for
It. This Hill is not on the earth. All universes are contained in It. Lingam also means where the jivas are born, live and gets union.

Annamalai Swami - Bhagavanum atiyEnum.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 17, 2015, 02:16:18 PM »
On the same night, Sri Bhagavan told another story. God takes the devotees' dust from their legs and makes puja to it
in box that is wrapped in silk cloth.  This is to show that God is devotee's devotee. Whoever prays to me, I pray to him.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 17, 2015, 02:28:36 PM »
Once I wanted to take Sannyasa, wearing ochre robe. Sannyasa should be taken only from a Jnana Guru.  But I was not
sure whether Sri Bhagavan would recommend ochre robe, since He is Himself wearing white coupina and does not
recommend wearing ochre robe and used to say that only internal renunciation is the best.  However once I took an
ochre eobe and went to Sri Bhagavan early morning. I kept the ochre robe in a vessel and kept it before Bhagavan and
then prostrated. Sri Bhagavan merely looked at the vessel and the ochre robe and then  looked at me intently. Since
He did not say anything else, I took His gaze as approval. I prostrated again and then started wearing ochre robe from
that day.

Akhilandamma - (Desuramma) - Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 18, 2015, 09:38:32 AM »
On a new moon day, in the morning, Bhagavan and devotees were sitting for breakfast. Since it was my father's ceremony
day, I could not take anything before the ceremony is completed around noon.  Bhagavan came to me and said:  Your
father is already in swarga, since you have come to my fold. There is no need for any rituals for him. Come and eat
the breakfast. Bhagavan literally dragged me and made me to sit beside Him and eat the iddlis. From that day, I stopped
doing ceremonies for my father everyday. 

T.K. Sundaresa Iyer - Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva., 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 18, 2015, 09:43:06 AM »
During the next night, a devotee requested Sri Bhagavan to permit him to touch His feet and do prostration.

Sri Bhagavan said: Sri Bhagavan's feet are only in the hearts of devotees. Hold on to that feet tightly. This is the
greatest Puja.  My feet will one day disappear. But the feet in your heart is permanent. He laughed.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 18, 2015, 09:50:09 AM »
One day Sri Bhagavan told me: Those who had darshan of a Jivan Mukta will be relieved of all demerits and they will
definitely attain mukti.  The lineage of a Jivan Mukta is pure. His mother is a great krutharhai. The whole world
becomes pure because of a Jivan Muka living.  This is mentioned in Suta Samhita.

Further He said: When a Jivan Mukta is born, His own devotees, even those who do not care for Him, the sinners, disciples
-- all these four categories of people will get salvation. There are many historical evidences for this in scriptures.

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 18, 2015, 09:55:41 AM »
In those days, Sri Jnana Sambandha murthy's guru puja used to be celebrated. On that noon, I went to serve my bhiksha
to Him and He took it under a mango tree.

Those days, Mother's Samadhi was in a thatched shed.  The rest of the place was open ground.  There were no buildings
or trees.  I found that in that open ground Bhagavan eating His food will be seen even by the passers by in Chengam Road.

I asked Bhagavan: Why do you eat on the open ground? Can we not put a thatched shed for eating?  You are eating like
any other poor ordinary person.

Bhagavan said: What if the passers by see me eating?  There is nothing wrong!

Akhilandamma (Desuramma) - Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 18, 2015, 12:43:38 PM »
Once on an early morning, I went to Mathrubhuteswara Temple and was waiting to serve my bhiksha. That time there was,
I believe there came a rule that anything that is served to Sri Bhagavan should be approved by Chinnaswami. When he saw
me, he sent word through Krishnaswami and after knowing that I had brought bhiksha, he permitted me to meet Sri
Bhagavan. When I went near Sri Bhagavan, He asked me: What have you brought?' I answered: 'Pepper rice'. The attendant
on approval by Sri Bhagavan, took the pepper rice and this was served along with the noon meal. I was surprised that
even among some strict rules, Sri Bhagavan approved my bhiksha, this poor woman became very blessed.

Akhilandamma (Desuramma) - Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 19, 2015, 09:50:02 AM »
On 2...4.1939,two Congress workers asked Bhagavan: Can we not get Jnana with your grace and then teach the same to the
worldly people?

Sri Bhagavan: Let the teaching to the worldly people come later. First you understand your own true nature. After realizing the
Self, if the world and the people still remain, you can teach the world and people. How can  a blind do eye surgery to others?
First you keep your eyes pure and clean.  Then you can see everyone's eyes as your eye. Then you can teach others.

Annamalai Swami - Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 19, 2015, 09:54:25 AM »
One day Sri Bhagavan said: Even if one is a Brahma Varishta, due to prarabha there would be two types of Vassnas.
Bandha vasana and Moksha vasana. Bandha vasana would do harm. Moksha vasana is harmelss. Akarama is Jnanam.
Without effort to do the karmas that come to you, is also Jnana.   

Annamalai Swami - Reminiscences. Bhagavanum atiyEnum.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 19, 2015, 02:02:56 PM »
Once I had some quarrel with Chinnaswami (Sarvadhikari) and so I became restless and did not eat anything in the Asramam
that night.  The restlessness was there even on the next day.  At that time Sri Bhagavan was preparing iddlis for breakfast.
I told Him that I should go to the school early (he was school teacher), and that I am leaving immediately.  Sri Bhagavan
laughed and said: Today is Sunday. Which school is open today? Okay, okay, iddli and sambhar are ready. Come and have
them.  He asked me to sit with Him in the dining hall and served more than the usual quantities of iddli and sambhar.
He also telling some jokes to make my become cool.

Who can remove the pains and sorrows of a devotee like Sri Bhagavan. I became tearful at His kaarunyam.

T. K. Sundaresa Iyer - Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 19, 2015, 02:14:11 PM »
One day I went to Skandasramam to see Mother and also Sri Bhagavan.  Mother asked me: What have you brought today?
I said that I have brought greens koottu.  Mother said: You know all the types of greens that are available in the Hill.
Then She told me that these greens will be nice if cooked.

Next day, I again prepared some greens koottu and also some fresh greens. I kept the greens near a bush and then told
Mother in a low tone: I have brought some greens. But they are hidden in the bush. Mother told Ramanatha Brahmachari
in a loud voice: Go and bring the greens that have been brought by Akhilandamma. 

Sri Bhagavan asked me: Have you brought greens on your own accord? Or did Mother ask for them?

I replied: Bhagavan! I have brought them on my own.

Sri Bhagavan knows everything.  So He smiled, and said: Oh, but sometimes Mother will also ask!

No one can hide anything from Bhagavan. He knows everything, past, present and future.

Akilandamma (Desuramma) - Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 20, 2015, 09:32:45 AM »
One day Sri Bhagavan said:

If one does not think of God, he will accrue sins. The same amount of sins will accrue to him, when on the days
of spiritual maturity, believes that he and God are different.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 20, 2015, 09:38:53 AM »
On the evening of 15.5.1939, when Bhagavan and I were walking on the Hill, I asked Bhagavan: You say Summa iru.
But I do not know how to be summa iru. 

Sri Bhagavan: Is it so? Are you are seeing that 'I am existing.'

I: Yes.,

Sri Bhagavan: In the same way, to be still (summa iruththal) is also is working and then being still within.  This is called
Mounam.  Mounam is speaking for ever. Mounam is working with being still within.  This is what the elders say, I am listening
without listening, I am speaking without speaking. I am sleeping without sleeping.

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 20, 2015, 10:28:08 AM »
I was looking after the receipt of posts for the Asramam. I used to prepare replies and show them to Sri Bhagavan and after His
approval, I used to send them to the persons who had sent the posts.

Once I had a job offer outside Tiruvannamalai. I showed the telegram indicating the job offer to Sri Bhagavan and took
permission with reluctance. However I became tearful for leaving Sri Bhagavan.  I told Him that I had been with Him for 40
years and I am afraid to leave Him.  Sri Bhagavan said: With forty years of stay with me, still you want to leave me. What a
wonder!

It so happened that the job offered did not fructify. I remained with Sri Bhagavan for quite a number of more years.

T. K. Sundaresa Iyer - Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.