Author Topic: Our Bhagavan-Stories  (Read 199328 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Our Bhagavan-Stories
« Reply #540 on: October 27, 2014, 03:25:41 PM »
Vasanas:

So long as there is any desire or tie was left. a person would be pulled back again into phenomenal world, Sri Bhagavan once
explained.  After all it is only our Vasanas, that prevent us from always being in our natural state, and Vasanas were not got
rid of all of a sudden or by a flash of consciousness. One may have worked them out in a previous existence leaving a little
to be done in the present life but in any case they must be destroyed.

I was reminded of Sri Ramakrishna who said that so long as one single desire remained unfulfilled one had to go on being borne
to fulfill it.  He said to himself, once had wanted to wear a silk cloth and gold ring and sit and smoke a hookah.  One day
he asked Mathur Nath, to obtain these for him. When he had been given them he sat on the banks of the Ganga dressed
in silk cloth with his gold ring conspicuously on his hand and smoking hookah.  Then he told himself, 'Now I am dressed
in silk cloth, look at my gold ring, yes and I am smoking hookah'.  He continued for sometime enjoying these. After a while
he got up, threw his ring into the river, tore off the silk cloth, stamped on it and broke the hookah.  He had now fulfilled his
desire and he no longer any wish to do these things again.

Yet even supposing one has got rid of the most of one's vasanas, how does the attainment actually occur?  On this
question of attaining Self Realization, Bhagavan told me that in the early stages a person who was regularly  meditating
would usually at first go into a trance, which would probably last for thirty minutes.  And if he continued with his tapas
properly such  Samdahi would become more frequent. So carried away by it would he be that he would be able to think
of nothing but slipping away into some quiet corner to meditate undisturbed.  He would  lose all interest in everything
else until that time, when he became established in the Self and no more meditation was necessary.  He had then attained
Sahaja Samadhi or his natural state. But then there were no fixed rules. Some might attain this state quietly and unrecognized,
even the necessity of process of meditation.  However, Bhagavan explained that although there were no actual stages in
Self Realization, there was a deepening of one's Sadhana as explained above.

Major Chadwick's (Sadhu Arunachala's) Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 28, 2014, 09:50:20 AM »
Kalyana Pattu: Wedding song from Tiruppugazh:

At this time, I was anxious to get a bridegroom for my daughter Lalita.  In that connection, I had an idea of going to
Kolar from the Asramam. When  I sought Sri Bhagavan's advice He merely said, 'Don't worry. It will happen when it is to
happen.'  Somehow I got the impression that Sri Bhagavan did not approve of the Kolar plan and I dropped it.  The next
day, Sri Bhagavan recited a song from Tiruppugazh entitled Kalyana Pattu (Weddeing Song) and gave its Telugu version
as follows:

'Thou who of yore aimed the Vel (Spear) against the ocean, Thou wert a Yama  to the whole family of Suras (demons)
and his warrior kinsmen. Thou who pattest thy chest saying 'I am the Reality at the core of the four Vedas.'

'As my child beheld Thy splendor when Thou camest riding on he cloud blue peacock, she fell in love with Thee.
Pray let Thy Grace present her the fragrant garland that adorns Thy chest.'

Sri Bhagavan said that it was a general belief that if a girl's parent should do parayana of that song, her marriage would soon
come off.  I noted down both the stanzas of the song and its Telugu translation and started doing its daily parayana about
the end of September 19444, Lalita's wedding took place in February 1945.

(I shall give the original Tamizh song of Tiruppagazh soon)

G.V. Subbaramayaa's Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.             

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:05:03 AM by Subramanian.R »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 28, 2014, 10:04:02 AM »
The following is the song recommended by Sri Bhagavan to G.V. Subbaramayaa for her daughter's wedding:

நீலங்கொள் மேகத்தின் மயில் மீதே
 நீ வந்த வாழ்வைக் கண்டு  அதனாலே
மால் கொண்ட பேதைக்கு உன் மணம் நாறும்
 மார் தங்கு தாரைத் தந்து அருள்வாயே
வேல் கொண்டு வேலைப் பண்டு எறிவோனே 
 வீரங்கொள் சூரர்க்கும் குல காலா
நாலந்த வேதத்தின் பொருளோனே
 நான் என்று மார் தட்டும் பெருமாளே.

(Tiruppugazh 1202 - Mathani serial)

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 28, 2014, 10:27:24 AM »
Service Minded Devotees:

Pazhani Swami belonged to Vadavanur near Palakkadu.  He served Bhagavan from the time he saw him at Gurumurtham,
up to the Virupaksha Days. He was the person who looked after Sri Bhagavan night and day like a mother.  He was twenty
years older than Sri Bhagavan.

Ayyaswami of Kerala was an assistant to an Englishman in Malaya. When he heard of Sri Bnagavan, he left the Englishman
at the age of twenty five and spent his days in Virupaaksha Cave  and Skandasramam with the permission of Pazhani Swami.
Because he worked with an Englishman, whatever he did was neat and clean.  Without wasting time, he would be doing something
or other.  He made the bowl and the kamandalu which were used by Sri Bhagavan and which are now in the Nirvana Room.
He used to make and gift to others walking sticks, Kamandalus and begging bowls.  To make walking sticks, he would measure
the stick, remove the bark with a knife, smoothen the surface by rubbing it  with a sandpaper and a leaf called guttipura.  Then
he would apply oil to it and polish it with a woolen cloth.  The stick used to shine beautifully.

Tirelessly he would prepare such things and give them to Sri Bhagavan and others.  Sri Bhagavan later used to ask us to make
walking sticks in a similar manner.

Ayyasami used to remove the kernel of the bilva fruit, clean it, plug the holes with small pieces of wood and use it for keeping
Vibhuti or kumkum. He would make nice cups out of coconut shells. Sri Bhagavan used to appreciate his craftsmanship.

After Ayyasaami, Arni Annamlai Swami served Bhagavan for two years in Skandasramam. I arrived in Skandasramam in
January 1919, on the very day, he died of plague.  That was the day I had my first darshan of Sri Bhagavan.  I served
Sri Bhagavan like Annamlalai Swami for fifteen years.  When I was away from the Asramam, Ramakrishna Swami used to
look after Sri Bhagavan. After us, Madhavaswami along with Krishna swami,  Rangaswami, and Sivanananda served Sri
Bhagavan by turns. After Madhavaswami, Satyananda Swami attended on Sri Bhagavan.  In the last days, Dr. Srinivasa
Rao, Dr. Ananthanarayana Rao, T.P. Ramachandra Iyer and Venkataratnam from Andhra served Sri Bhagavan.

I am happy to say that Pazhaniswami, Ayyaswami, myself, Ramakrishna Swami, Madhavaswami and Satyananda Swami
are all Malayalees.

Kunju Swami's Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 28, 2014, 01:19:55 PM »
Kolam (Rangoli) and Peacock:

On a Jayanti Day, the Asramam has been beautifully decorated with attractive colored kolams (Rangoli). Just in front of
the guest house, there was a particularly beautiful kolam.  It was a drawing of a peacock.  And it was so life like that everyone
remarked on its beauty.  Bhagavan admired the kolam on His way to the cowshed.  On His way back, Bhagavan noticed one
of the Asramam peacocks standing near the guest room.  The peacock was gazing at the koalm with apparent fascination.
In fact, the bird was so engrossed in the kolam that it even ignored the dried fruits and nuts that a devotee was holding out
for it.  Bhagavan watched the peacock for a few moments and then said to it, in tones of affectionate amusement, 'What is it,
dear? Are you afraid that a new bird has come to take your place?  No, no! That is not rival!'  Hearing this the living bird seemed
to regain its confidence. It was reassured by Bhagavan's tone of voice, and soon it started pecking at the fruits and nuts
that had been offered to it.  Then it walked away with its usual proud confident air.

Bhagavan told His devotees: 'What a wonderful gifted artist!  If this kolam could create so much confusion in the real bird
how realistic it should be!  Only an extraordinary subtle intellect could have created such a realistic  piece of art. For someone
so gifted, Self inquiry and Realization would be very easy to attain.  But unfortunately, such people do not show much interest
in the Quest for Truth.  Having drawn a peacock that could arrest the attention of a live peacock, this artist will feel inspired
to draw a peacock that induce a living bird to spread its fan and dance!  The urge will always be to attain perfection in the
artistic ability, and not seek the Perfection within!

Kanakammal's Reminscences.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 28, 2014, 01:40:22 PM »
Manolayam, Savikalpa Samadhi, Nirvikalpa Samadhi and Sahaja Samadhi:

In the Indian spiritual vocabulary one finds the terms Manolaya, Savikalpa Samadhi, Nirvikalpa Samadhi and Sahaja
Samadhi and these are apt to cause confusion to those not familiar with the terminology.

Manolaya is just a blank mind.  Advaitins often accused of trying to achieve this, which is quite absurd though I have at
times met those who told me that this was their aim, and they would be most happy to achieve this. I would point out
to them that this could be attained by them every night in sleep so what was the use of undergoing all sorts of austerities,
spending hours in meditation to obtain a thing that could be got by just lying down on their bed?

With regard to this, Bhagavan used to tell the story of the Yogi, who was practicing tapas on the bank of 'Ganga. He told
his disciple to go and fetch him  some water and in the meantime went into a state of Manolayam.  After a thousand years
he awoke, the first thing he did was to demand his water, but the disciple had become skeleton at his side, the Ganga
had changed its course and the whole country was different. What good had the long trance done? It has just been a blank
when time stood still.

Savikalpa Samadhi is the state of deep meditation when one is sunk in peace but still retains the consciousness of one's
identity. One knows that one is meditating and can still consciously continue one's Sadhana.

In Nirvikalpa Samadhi one has attained to a state where the identity has been lost and sunk entirely in the highest Self.
However long it may last it is only temporary, one must return eventually to one's normal state of consciousness. One
is unable to function in this state and so  long as it lasts one is in a state of trance. It is usually preliminary to the final
state. But Bhagavan attained Sahaja Samadhi directly without any intermediate step. Many people consider that Nirvikalpa
Samadhi is final, and once having attained it, seek to progress no further.

Sahaja Samadhi is the final and the most blessed state, the goal of all Yogis. In this state, the individual has become completely
merged in the Supreme Self. His identity which became lost in Nirvikalpa Samadhi has become enlarged and is now the Supreme
Self and knows itself as such.

Major Chadwick's (Sadhu Arunachala's) Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 28, 2014, 02:30:25 PM »
Sri Bhagavan's a few devotees:

Sri Bhagavan had numerous devotees.  But only a few that come readily to my mind I am giving.

Pazhani Swami was an innocent bhakta.

Ganapati Muni was a scholar par excellence, with great prescience.

Lakshmi Ammal (Echammal) was a pious lady who got out of that torment of samsara.

Ramaswami Iyer (Manavasi) was beset with illness, but had great faith in Sri Bhagavan.

Natanananda  simply had the samskara of the East.

Sivaprakasam Pillai had the samskara of the West.  (He was a student of philosophy where he had mastered Western philosophy).

Seshayya was balanced. 

Speaking of different paths, Lakshmi Ammal (Echammal) had reached the stage of attaining samadhi through ashtanga yoga
by the time she reached Bhagavan.

Seshayya was a votary of Rama Nama, pranayama and was also interested in yoga.

Ganpati Muni was a master in mantra japa. 

Sivaprakasam Pillai was a logician totally.

Ramaswami Iyer had no specialization.

Humphreys belonged to the Siddha school.

Natanananda was simply a believer.

To grant spiritual benefit to such diverse persons by making them focus on a single subject is a matter of profound grace
of Sri Bhagavan.

Krishna Bhikshu's Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 29, 2014, 02:32:30 AM »
The Present Asramam:

A week before Jayanti, Bhagavan visited the Mother's Samadhi and stayed back.  Nobody knew the reason for it,  though a few
speculated that it was for the convenience of the visitors who found it difficult to visit Him and serve Him atop the Hill. But the
real reason was something different.  Bhagavan Himself said that one morning when He came out of Skandasramam, some
irresistible power dragged Him down and that He came down even forgetting for the moment that back at Skandasramam,
the asramites would be waiting for Him at meal time. 'Did I come here of my own volition? Not at all, it was due to the will of
something else,' said Bhagavan. Earlier the power of Arunachala drew Him to this place, now the power of Amba (Goddess)
residing in Matrubhuteswara must have done similarly. 

Quite surprisingly, from that day on, the influence of that Sakti became manifest in all activities. It was as if in the presence of
Bhagavan that the power acted just as prakriti would in the presence of Purusha!  Its first job was to transform the face of
the Asramam itself.

To start with,  there was only one hut at the Samadhi but the other to the north of that got erected.  For bathing, the
waters of Pali Teertham and for Puja the waters of Ramana Teertham were used. For food, several devotees from town
came with offerings.  In additions some vessels were donated to enable the Asramam to have a kitchen.  People also
donated money.  Books like Ramana Geeta were soled at a book shop called Ramaneeya Granthalaya and the proceeds
given to the Asramam. Dandapani and others utilized the money for buying vessels and food articles. NO money could
be saved.

But the Asramam also faced difficulties and on the night of June 26, 1924, some robbers entered the Asramam for money.
They had of course had to return only with some utensils in the puja room and about six rupees, a little rice saved by
Thangavelu.   

Angered that there was nothing, the disappointed thieves gave blows to Bhagavan on Bhagavan's thigh with some stick.  However
Bhagavan when the police came next morning, did not tell anyone about anything including His injuries.  The thieves were of course
caught  along with stolen articles.

In 1926, a few more constructions took place. After some squabbles, Niranjanananda Swami  became the Chief Executive
in 1930  to manage the affairs of the Asramam.  The construction activities became spectacular, with dining hall, store room,
guest rooms, book depot, gosala, patasala etc. thanks to Annamalai Swami.   The Cow Laksmi also came in the scene.

As time passed, facilities for visitors and inmates were added.  Notable among these was the guest house built by
the Raja of Morvi across the road opposite to the Asramam.

Krishna Bhikshu's Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 29, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »
Echammal's merger with Arunachala:

On January 5, 1945, Suri Nagamma wrote a letter informing me of Echammal's peaceful, sudden demise on the night of
27.12.1944. Echammal had always treated me as she did other devotees, with more than maternal affection.  She had
regaled us with innumerable anecdotes about Sri Bhagavan in former times.  For thirty years, she had been taking from
the town and serving the mid day meal to Sri Bhagavan and devotees at the Asramam daily without fail. So the news of
her merger with Arunachala came as a sudden shock and grieved me.  On hearing of her passing away, Sri Bhagavan is
reported to have feelingly observed:

'I often told her not to undergo this trouble; but she would not listen. Unless she served food to her Bhagavan,
she would never eat herself. Now Mudaliar Patti is continuing in her line.  So Echammal has kept off her load;
but my load still remains.'

G.V. Subbaraemayya's Reminiscences

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 29, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »
Tiruppugazh Sachidananda Swami of Vallimalai:

Sri Bhagavan generally emphasized that the path of Jnana but He used to give different instructions to different people
depending on the seeker's level of maturity.

Sachidananda Swami, known earlier as Ardhanari, worked as a cook in the palace of the Maharaja of Mysore. At that time
he suffered from acute stomach pain.  The pain remained despite treatment by eminent doctors. In 1908, at the age of 38,
at the instance of a devotee by name Nalla Kothan he went to Pazhani and drank the abhishekam milk and was cured of the
stomach ailment. He became deeply devoted to Lord Subrahmanya.  He devoted himself to the service of Sri Subrahmanya
at Pazhani from 1908 to 1912.  In Pazhani, he was called Mysore Swami.

When he heard a devadasi sing Tiruppugazh at the temple in the middle of a night, he was moved to tears. He tried to
learn Tiruppugazh. (I shall give this song in original if possible).

During his pilgrimage, he came to Tiruvannamalai on 21.12.1912, on an Ardra Star day, to have the darshan of Sri
Bhagavan. He himself has narrated his experience in the following words: I joined the crowd waiting to see Sri Bhagavan.
Sri Bhagavan came out of the Cave a few minutes later.  I saw Him with a loin cloth and a walking stick. He saw me and
I saw Him. Suddenly He appeared to me as the Lord of Pazhani.  My hairs stood on end. I shed tears of joy. I was
speechless.  I quietly sat down'.

He stayed there for two months and learned to read Tiruppugazh properly with the help of Sri Bhagavan. He learned from
Sri Bhagavan, the grammar,meter, and pronunciation of Tamizh.   Sri Bhagavan used to call him Tiruppugazh Murugan.

Once when Sri Bhagavan was going round the Hill, he was reciting a particular portion of Tiruppugazh where the stanzas
ended in 'Kavalane'. (This is called Vedichi Kavalan Vahuppu - The lord of huntress Valli.  kavalane means the Lord).
Everyone repeated it. In jest, Sri Bhagavan asked in Telugu, 'Ememi kavalane?' Enthenthu kavalane?' ( in Telugu it means
what are all things you want? How much do you want?') A sadhu replied: 'Iddli Kavalane, vadai kavalane'. ( I want Iddli,
I want Vadai). Soon in the middle of the jungel, some one brought hot coffee and iddlies  and distributed to them all!

Swami then went for pilgrimage to North India and visited Gangotri, Yamunotri, Badrinath, Kedarnath, Amarnath,
Rishikesh, Ayodhya and other places. He took Sannyasam in Himalayas and came to be known as Sacchidananda Swami.

On his return to Tiruvannamalai, Sri Bhagavan said to him: 'Go down'. and so he went down the Hill and he was upset.
As he was coming down, he met Seshadriswami, who was at the foot of the Hill. Seshadri Swami ran to him and hugged him!
He recited the fourth sloka of Adi Sankara's Siva manasa puja. (atma dhavm girija madhi prana sariram gruham...)
He asked Sachidananda Swamigal whether there is anything like that in Tiruppugazh.  Sachidananda Swami immmediately
quoted a Tiruppugazh!  Immediately Seshadri Swami said:  Tiruppugazh is your mantram. Please spread Tiruppguazh.
Go to Vallimalai.  I shall meet you there.'

In 1950, Swami came to know that Sri Bhagavan's health was causing anxiety. He arranged for special pujas. Then he proceeded
to Tiruvannamalai. ON the night of 14th April 1950, while Swami was approaching Tiruvannamalai and was to cross a railway
track, he stood stunned. He was about to be knocked down by a railway coach that got itself detached!  His disciples pulled
him back. Swami at this time intuitively knew of Sri Bhagavan's merger with Arunachala at 8.47 p.n.

One of his disciples asked him: Swami, you told us that you would show Sri Bhagavan. Now we can see only His body.'

Swami replied: You fool! Where is He gone? Only He left His mortal coil. He is in everybody now and for ever!

He and his disciples soon reached Tiruvannamalai and took part in Nirvana ceremonies of Sri Bhagavan.

Kunju Swami's Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 29, 2014, 01:26:54 PM »
In Kuju Swami's Reminiscences where he spoke about Vallimaalai Swamigal who was thrilled by a devadasi singing a
Tiruppugazh song, is as under:

வங்கார மார்பிலணி தாரொடுயர் கோடசைய
கொந்தார மாலைகுழ லாரமொடு தோள்புரள
வண்காதி லோலைகதிர் போலவொளி வீசஇதழ் ...... மலர்போல

மஞ்சாடு சாபநுதல் வாளனைய வேல்விழிகள்
கொஞ்சார மோககிளி யாகநகை பேசியுற
வந்தாரை வாருமிரு நீருறவெ னாசைமய ...... லிடுமாதர்

சங்காளர் சூதுகொலை காரர்குடி கேடர்சுழல்
சிங்கார தோளர்பண ஆசையுளர் சாதியிலர்
சண்டாளர் சீசியவர் மாயவலை யோடடியெ ...... னுழலாமற்

சங்கோதை நாதமொடு கூடிவெகு மாயையிருள்
வெந்தோட மூலஅழல் வீசவுப தேசமது
தண்காதி லோதியிரு பாதமலர் சேரஅருள் ...... புரிவாயே

சிங்கார ரூபமயில் வாகனந மோநமென
கந்தாகு மாரசிவ தேசிகந மோநமென
சிந்தூர பார்வதிசு தாகரந மோநமென ...... விருதோதை

சிந்தான சோதிகதிர் வேலவந மோநமென
கங்காள வேணிகுரு வானவந மோநமனெ
திண்சூர ராழிமலை தூள்படவை வேலைவிடு ...... முருகோனே

இங்கீத வேதபிர மாவைவிழ மோதியொரு
பெண்காத லோடுவன மேவிவளி நாயகியை
யின்பான தேனிரச மார்முலைவி டாதகர ...... மணிமார்பா

எண்டோளர் காதல்கொடு காதல்கறி யேபருகு
செங்காடு மேவிபிர காசமயில் மேலழகொ
டென்காதல் மாலைமுடி ஆறுமுக வாவமரர் ...... பெருமாளே.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 29, 2014, 01:58:08 PM »
In Kunju Swami's Reminiscences, when Seshadri  Swamigal asked Sachidananda SwamigaL an equivalent of
Sri Sankara's Siva Manasa Puja, the Swami chanted the following Tiruppugazh:

நாவேறு பாம ணத்த பாதார மேநி னைத்து
நாலாறு நாலு பற்று ...... வகையான

நாலாரு மாக மத்தி னுலாய ஞான முத்தி
நாடோ று நானு ரைத்த ...... நெறியாக

நீவேறெ னாதி ருக்க நான்வேறெ னாதி ருக்க
--------------------------------------------------
நேராக வாழ்வ தற்கு ...... னருள்கூர
--------------------------------------------

நீடார்ஷ டாத ரத்தின் மீதேப ராப ரத்தை
--------------------------------------------
நீகாணெ னாவ னைச்சொ ...... லருள்வாயே
-------------------------------------------------
சேவேறு மீசர் சுற்ற மாஞான போத புத்தி
சீராக வேயு ரைத்த ...... குருநாதா

தேரார்கள் நாடு சுட்ட சூரார்கள் மாள வெட்டு
தீராகு காகு றத்தி ...... மணவாளா

காவேரி நேர்வ டக்கி லேவாவி பூம ணத்த
காவார்சு வாமி வெற்பின் ...... முருகோனே

கார்போலு மேனி பெற்ற மாகாளி வாலை சத்தி
காமாரி வாமி பொற்ற ...... பெருமாளே.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 29, 2014, 02:18:40 PM »
Interest and Principal:

Once, a devotee of Vilakshananda Swami visited Sri Ramanasramam. He approached Sri Bhagavan and timidly
inquired, 'Our Guru tells us to repeat the Name of the Lord a fixed number of times everyday and surrender to him
the spiritual merit thus acquired.  What is the practice here?' Bhagavan laughed heartily at the cleverness of the Guru
who accumulated vast spiritual wealth without having to work for it. When  Murgunar entered the Hall, Bhagavan beckoned
him and said: Look! Isn't this a marvelous idea? This person's guru tells all his disciples to do nama japa   so many times
everyday and collects the spiritual merit as his due, I wonder what the disciples get after this surrender? This is like paying
out regular installments of interest on a loan, isn't it? How do you like the idea?'

Muruganar replied: O Bhagavan!  Their Guru is certainly far better than you!  He only demands the interest, leaving the
principal intact.  But You swallow up everything -- principal, interest and all! When the individual himself has disappeared.
who  is there to repay the loan? And anyway, the principal and the interest also get wiped out. Nothing at all remains.'
As he spoke, Muruganar's eyes filled with tears and his voice was choked with emotion.  Bhagavan merely smiled, and remained
silent.

What Muruganar meant was that Bhagavan wipes out the mind and the ego of His devotees. Once the mind has disappeared
without trace, where is the instrument for doing japa or meditation?  The mind is the 'principal' that has been loaned to us for
this lifetime, and nama japa is the interest to be paid on this principal.  How can one pay the interest when the principal itself
has disappeared?  The destruction of the mind/ego is a matter of rejoicing.  Bhagavan confiscates the principal by a glance!

Kankammal's Reminiscences.

Arunachala Siva,         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 29, 2014, 02:41:58 PM »
Kundalini Yoga:

Bhagavan of course never taught anyone any of these yogic methods.  I once saw Him giving instructions in Yoga, a thing
almost unheard of, to a North Indian who was practicing some form of Kundalini Yoga.  This can be only explained by the
fact that Bhagavan saw that by this method, and this method alone the person would be able to advance. But as a rule,
He would tell people not to waste time in these practices, going the long way round, when they could go direct by the
practice of Self Inquiry.

Major Chadwick's  (Sadhu Arunachala's) Reminiscences.

Arunachla Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 29, 2014, 04:06:39 PM »

வேடிச்சி காவலன் வகுப்பு

தனதனன தத்ததன தனதனன தத்ததன
      தனதனன தத்ததன தானத்த தானதன

உதரகம லத்தினிடை முதியபுவ னத்ரயமும்
உகமுடிவில் வைக்கும்உமை யாள்பெற்ற பாலகனும்

உமிழ்திரை பரப்பிவரு வெகுமுக குலப்பழைய
உதகமகள் பக்கல்வரு சோதிச் சடானனும்

உவகையொடு கிர்த்திகையர் அறுவரும் எடுக்கஅவர்
ஒருவரொரு வர்க்கவணொர் ஓர்புத்ரன் ஆனவனும்

உதயரவி வர்க்கநிகர் வனகிரண விர்த்தவிதம்
உடையசத பத்ரநவ பீடத்து வாழ்பவனும்

உறைசரவ ணக்கடவுள் மடுவிலடர் வஜ்ரதர
னுடையமத வெற்புலைய வேதித்த வீரியனும்

உறைபெற வகுத்தருணை நகரின்ஒரு பத்தனிடும்
ஒளிவளர் திருப்புகழ்ம தாணிக்ரு பாகரனும்;

உரககண சித்தகண கருடகண யக்ஷகணம்
உபநிடம் உரைத்தபடி பூசிக்கும் வானவனும்

ஒருவனும் மகிழ்ச்சிதரு குருபரனும் உத்தமனும்
உபயமுறும் அக்நிகர மீதிற்ப்ர பாகரனும்

அதிமதுர சித்ரகவி நிருபனும் அகத்தியனும்
அடிதொழு தமிழ்த்ரயவி நோதக் கலாதரனும்

அவரைபொரி யெட்பயறு துவரைஅவல் சர்க்கரையொ
டமுதுசெயும் விக்நபதி யானைச் சகோதரனும்

அவுணர்படை கெட்டுமுது மகரசல வட்டமுடன்
அபயமிட விற்படைகொ டாயத்த மானவனும்

அருணையில் இடைக்கழியில் உரககிரி யிற்புவியில்
அழகிய செருத்தணியில் வாழ்கற்ப காடவியில்

அறிவும்அறி தத்துவமும் அபரிமித வித்தைகளும்
அறியென இமைப்பொழுதின் வாழ்வித்தவேதியனும்

அரிபிரம ருக்குமுதல் அரியபர மற்குயரும்
அருமறை முடிப்பையுப தேசித்த தேசிகனும்

அமலனும் எனக்கரசும் அதிகுணனும் நிர்க்குணனும்
அகிலபுவ னத்தமர சேனைக்கு நாயகனும்

அநுபவனும் அற்புதனும் அநுகுணனும் அக்ஷரனும்
அருமனம் ஒழிக்கும்அநு பூதிச் சுகோதயனும்

இதமகிதம் விட்டுருகி இரவுபக லற்றஇடம்
எனதற இருக்கைபுரி யோகப் புராதனனும்

எனதுமன சிற்பரம சுகமவுன கட்கமதை
யமன்முடி துணிக்கவிதி யாவைத்த பூபதியும்

எழுமையும் எனைத்தனது கழல்பரவு பத்தனேன
இனிதுகவி யப்படிப்ர சாதித்த பாவலனும்

இமையவர் முடித்தொகையும் வனசரர் பொருப்புமென
திதயமு மணக்குமிரு பாதச் சரோருகனும்

எழுதரிய கற்பதரு நிழலில்வளர் தத்தைதழு
வியகடக வஜ்ரஅதி பாரப் புயாசலனும்

எதிரில்புல வர்க்குதவு வெளிமுகடு முட்டவளர்
இவுளிமுகி யைப்பொருத ராவுத்த னானவனும்

எழுபரி ரதத்திரவி எழுநிலமொ டக்கரிகள்
இடர்பட முழக்கியெழு சேவற் பதாகையனும்

இணையிலியும் நிர்ப்பயனும் மலமிலியும் நிஷ்களனும்
இளையவனும் விப்ரகுல யாகச் சபாபதியும்

மதுகையொடு சக்ரகிரி முதுகுநெளி யப்புவியை
வளையவரும் விக்ரமக லாபச் சிகாவலனும்

வலியநிக ளத்தினொடு மறுகுசிறை பட்டொழிய
வனஜமுனி யைச்சிறிது கோபித்த காவலனும்

வருசுரர் மதிக்கஒரு குருகுபெயர் பெற்றகன
வடசிகரி பட்டுருவ வேல்தொட்ட சேவகனும்

வரதனும் அநுக்ரகனும் நிருதர்குல நிஷ்டுரனும்
மநுபவன சித்தனும நோதுக்க பேதனனும்

வயிரிசை முழக்கமிகு மழைதவழ் குறிச்சிதொறும்
மகிழ்குரவை யுட்டிரியும் வேடிக்கை வேடுவனும்

மரகதம ணிப்பணியின் அணிதழை உடுத்துலவும்
வனசரர் கொடிச்சிதனை யாசிக்கும் யாசகனும்

மதனன்விடு புட்பசர படலமுடல் அத்தனையும்
மடலெழுதி நிற்குமதி மோகத் தபோதனனும்

வரிசிலை மலைக்குறவர் பரவிய புனத்திதணின்
மயிலென இருக்குமொரு வேடிச்சி காவலனே.

The above is the song which Sachidananda Swami sang while doing girivalam with Sri Bhagavan and other devotees.
The Telugu devotees who did not understand the word 'kavalane' took it to mean 'what do you want?' Bhagavan made
fun saying Ememi kavalane? Enthenthu kavalane?'

Arunachala Siva.     
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:58:03 PM by Subramanian.R »