Author Topic: Bhagavan Ramana Teachings  (Read 371734 times)

Balaji

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan Ramana Teachings
« Reply #1725 on: May 04, 2020, 12:06:02 AM »
life is being impacted by this great natural calamity, is a conversation with Sri Bhagavan which took place on Oct. 23, 1936 and has been recorded in Talks:

D.: There are widespread disasters spreading havoc in the world, e.g. famine and pestilence. What is the cause of this state of affairs

M.: To whom does all this appear

D.: That wont do. I see misery around.

M.: You were not aware of the world and its sufferings in your sleep; you are conscious of them in your wakeful state. Continue in that state in which you were not afflicted by these. That is to say, when you are not aware of the world, its sufferings do not affect you. When you remain as the Self, as in sleep, the world and its sufferings will not affect you. Therefore, look within. See the Self! There will be an end of the world and its miseries.

D.: But that is selfishness.

M.: The world is not external. Because you identify yourself wrongly with the body you see the world outside, and its pain becomes apparent to you. But they are not real. Seek the reality and get rid of this unreal feeling.

The present circumstances, in fact, remind us strongly that whatever we experience in this life, is bound to go and will not stay with us. That is, no matter what wealth, fame, talents, etc., we pursue, the happiness experienced from them will also be impermanent. That happiness which is our real nature is the true happiness, and we are that consciousness, says Sri Bhagavan.

So, as we all experience the effects of the current circumstances, as we laud and are thankful for the efforts of all who are working tirelessly for the good of many, as we continue to extend a hand of support or service or encouragement to others to the extent of our capabilites, let us remember Sri Bhagavan's advice to surrender to that Lord of all who sustains the universe:

Place your burden at the feet of the Lord of the universe who accomplishes everything. Remain all the time steadfast in the heart, in the transcendental absolute. God knows the past, present and future. He will determine the future for you and accomplish the work. What is to be done will be done at the proper time. Don't worry. Abide in the heart and surrender your acts to the divine.

from the newsletter https://archive.arunachala.org/newsletters/2020/may-jun
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Balaji

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan Ramana Teachings
« Reply #1726 on: May 10, 2020, 01:09:07 PM »
Happy Mother?s Day to You

Today is dedicated to show our love and affection for our Mother. Bhagavan is an illustrious example of how to care for mother without compromising on the the principle of devotion to the Lord.
He wrote a moving prayer to Arunachala for the recovery and liberation of His mother. This maybe the only occasion when He has prayed for a personal favour to the Lord. Needless to say it was answered. We give below His prayer to Arunachala
1. Hill of my refuge that cures the ills of recurring births!
O Lord! It is for Thee to cure my mother's fever.
2. O God that smitest Death itself! My sole refuge!
Vouchsafe Thy grace unto my mother and shield
her from Death. Who is Death if scrutinised
3. Arunachala! Thou blazing fire of Jnana! Deign to wrap
my mother in Thy light and make her one with
Thee. What need then for cremation?
4. Arunachala, that chasest away Illusion (Maya)! Why
delayest Thou to dispel my mother's delirium!
Besides Thee is there any one, who with maternal
solicitude can protect the suppliant soul and ward
off the strokes of destiny.

from fb Sri Ramana Maharishi
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya