Author Topic: What aspect of Maharishee attracted you and still attracts you  (Read 3374 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Each one of you kindly share how you got attracted to Maharihsee,  what aspect appealed to you most when you first heard of him.

Please elaborate how it all started,  first his teachings or his image or his life stories or arunachala or what made you fell deep into his quarters.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: What aspect of Maharishee attracted you and still attracts you
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 03:14:01 PM »

1. His utter simplicity.

2. His staying in one place for 54 years like a python and consuming the ego of people who came.
    He did not move from place to place like bee to cross pollinate.

3. His state in Jeevan Mukti for 54 years to guide people, only those who seek Him. No one had lived a Jivan
Mukta's life for 54 years.  Even Buddha who attained realization at the age of 53, continued only for 30 more years
on the earth. (it is said so.)

4. His Presence that is felt by earnest seekers even today in the Asramam, particularly in Old Hall and Samadhi Hall to guide earnest
devotees. His words 'Where can I go, I am here!' are 100% true.

5. His diksha with look in total silence. Many many devotees had been benefited by His gaze during His lifetime.

Arunachala Siva.         

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:39:47 PM »
a) first his teachings
b) next the way he implemented his teachings in his personal life

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
His complete disinterest in material gain.
Also he did not refuse to work - in fact he cooked for the people who visited the Ashram.

That he did not travel abroad like many modern Gurus - the seeker comes to the mountain, not the mountain to the seeker.

He never said something like "Believe in me" or "Obey my orders".

His path (self enquiry) is open to all - rich and poor, Indians and foreigners, men and women, Hindu and non-Hindu.
No need to travel to India to find a Guru who gives you initiation in a special mantra or something like that.

In his eyes, everyone was equal.

He was kindness personified, even towards animals.

His sense of humor.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 09:40:48 AM »
His one and only teaching of hunting the elusive "I" and seeing for yourself that every "effort" you do only comes in the way of finding it. As Muruganar said : "Ayye Athi Sulabham Atmavittai Ayye Athisulabham" Just that we have a long way to go to not come in the way of it. Effort is for removing something and not for getting something :)
Salutations to Bhagawan

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »
well said ganesh garu.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 01:37:36 PM »
Dear sanjaya_ganesh,

Why the Anma Viddhai is not ati-sulabham for us?  When the Self is ever there,  eternally, meyyai nirantharan thAn  iya thiruthidavum.'
Because we treat this false ego as the true I and the world as real due to the first mistake. "poyyam udambu ulahum meyyai muLaithezhum
poymaiyaR ninaivu anuvum uyyathu odukkidave."  This false 'I', poymaiAr should go along with false body idea and the mithya world.
Constant self attention alone is required.

Sri Bhagavan used to say, vandha veliaiyai pAr. Do the work for which you have come.  Self attention is the vandha velai.  All else is
not our job.

Arunachala Siva.   

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 03:59:41 PM »
Subramanian sir - yes. I also remember the story of a man coming to meet Bhagawan and staying there with him day and night asking him "Show me a place to do tapas"  :). Bhagawan never answered though he waited many weeks. Finally he decided to leave and at that time he finally asked once more and Bhagawan replied "Vandha vazhiye po", which was interpreted to him by others around as "Go back the same route where "me" came from because he asked "Show ME a place...". Very apt. Thanks for reminding this
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 04:51:40 PM »
Dear anil,

This was in the case of one Andhra devotee. He was sent by either Ramdas or Swmi Paramahamsa Yogananda,  I don't remember.
He was waiting at the Asramam in the Old Hall. He was after much hesitation, asked Sri Bhagavan, when He was going on the Hill,
What sort of tapas should I do? Sri Bhagavan did not answer. Finally He said Vandha vazhiye po. Go by the way in which 'you' have
come. The Andhra gentleman did not understand. He thought that Sri Bhagavan was telling something in anger. He came to the
Asramam and met some one. That man said: Upadesa for you is over. Go by the way in which you had come. That is put efforts on
Self attention, to find the way in which "I"  sprouted.  He became happy.

Arunachala Siva.

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »
truth ... the truth of who he really is
the same truth of who we really are
it calls us all    :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 12:57:34 PM »
That He accepts me as I am. That He didn't preach "You are unholly because of this" or "...because of that", teaching only that "You are not a sinner. You are the Self". He is one of the few who doesn't make me feel guilty for what I am but accepts me wilth all my weaknesses. And only one thing which is very important for me - that He considers all living beings - plants, animals and humans as equal and cared and cares for them equally! He made me understand that everyTHING is One and all differentiations are from the ego. For me Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharishi is all the Gods, all the Sages, all Universe, all paths, all philosophies, all teachings and His words are all the Shastras. That's why I call Him Lord Ramana with full consciousness and understanding.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 01:06:32 PM »
Totally remaining indifferent to the body-mind demands ! what an example of vairagya and Viveka.

Yes. If it was not so equality would be nil. Everything is connected.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 02:31:09 PM »
Dear Hari,

Sri Bhagavan is Truth embodied. He has no body consciousness. His simplicity is without match. He conferred Peace by His mere
Presence.

Arunachala Siva.