Author Topic: Good Friday  (Read 1483 times)

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
Good Friday
« on: April 06, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »
Today is the Good Friday and the Christian world commemorates the Crucifiction and the death at the Calvary of Lord Jesus Christ. Death and Resurrection of Lord Jesus are the most important events for the christians. They bring strength and hope to all who believe! This day makes us to remember the most important teachings of the Lord, simple and without superfluous words and explanations:

1. To love God and others as our own Self.
2. To seek the Truth and the Truth will sets us free.
3. To seek the Kingdom of God, which is Within!

This event also makes us remember and the words of Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi Who says that the summum bonus of all Vedanta is contained in the two statements from the Bible:

1. I am that I am.
2. Be still and know that I am God.

Lord Jesus showed us what is complete surrender and what supreme knowledge is, saying "I and the Father are (am) One".

Amen!

The Holy Sepulchre - the Tomb where the Holy body of Lord Jesus has laid before His Resurrection!

The place on which Lord Jesus has been crusified! The form of the rock gives its name which means "place of a skull".

The Western Wall where all Jews have been visited at the time of Passover, including Lord Jesus.

Apostle Thomas - who didn't believe in Lord's resurrection even though the Lord was in front of him. He put his fingers in His wound from the spear and at least then he believed. Ashamed from himself he kneeled and shouted "My Lord and my God".
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Good Friday
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 07:22:46 PM »
Dear Ramana,

Please see my post in David Godman's Blog.

Arunachala Siva.

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 08:49:12 PM »
I don't know where to search. Please, give me a link if this is not a problem for you. Thanks in advance.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 11:49:21 AM »
Dear ramana,

www.davidgodman.com

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 01:03:58 PM »
R.Subramanian/Ramana,
This is what Subramanian posted in David's blog.

Good Friday - 2012:

Today is Good Friday, the day on which Jesus Christ was crucified on the Cross. The resurrection took place on Sunday, the Easter.

A few verses from New Testament, The First Letter of John:

2.7/8: My dear friends, this command I am writing to you is not new. It is the old command, the one you have had from the very beginning. The old command is the message you have already heard. How ever, the command I am now writing to you is new, because its truth is seen in Christ and also in you. For the darkness is passing away, and the real light is already shining.

14. I am writing to you, my children because you know the Father. I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who has existed from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you are strong; the word of God lives in you and you have defeated the Evil One.

15. Do not love the world or anything that belongs to the world. If you love the world, you do not love the Father.

16. Everything that belongs to the world -- what the sinful self desires, what people see and want, and everything in this world that people are so proud of - none of this comes from the Father; it all comes from the world.

17. The world and everything in it that people desire is passing away; but he who does the will of God lives for ever.

24. Be sure, then, to keep in your hearts the message you heard from the beginning. If you keep that message, then you will always live in union with the Son and the Father.

25. And this is what Christ himself promised to give us - the eternal life.

This is how our Good friend Subramanian is pointing to this post:
Dear ramana,

www.davidgodman.com

Arunachala Siva.

The Great ones also point the Self likewise!Just replace s by S,voila,It is done! :)