Author Topic: Rough Notebook-Open Forum  (Read 357597 times)

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Rough Notebook-Open Forum
« Reply #675 on: August 20, 2013, 03:49:17 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

Yes,it is very true that sensitiveness and receptiveness are most important. Well,in everything we do actually. Yes,there are many causes involved for the opportunity to experience something like this.

You described,and followed so well that Mahatma who performed (if i may say so) worship. As if i actually saw that myself. Beautiful!
And how beautiful it is to know that You had darshan of Sri Anandamayi Ma. She was absolutely wonderful and beautiful in every possible way. It is quite interesting to know someone who had such golden opportunity,for me even more,because i never came across  such a person. At least,not knowingly.  :)

Thank You Very much for sharing this,dear Sir!

With love and prayers,

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 21, 2013, 09:18:45 PM »
Subramanian,

Dear Ravi,
Yes. Yagnopavidam paramam pavitram.Gayatri mantram paramam pavitram.
Arunachala Siva.

Yes;truly a universal and supreme prayer/Mantra-the Mother of all Chandas(Gayatrim chandasam mata-Gayatri is the mother of all vedic mantras).
Namaskar

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 24, 2013, 03:18:07 PM »
Friends,
May the blessings of Papa Ramdas and Mataji Krishnabai be ever with us.Today 24 hour non stop chanting of the mahamantra-sri Ram jaya Ram jaya jaya Ram om,sri ram jaya ram jaya jaya Ram om is done in mataji,s samadhi.Male and female devotees take turns as they chant this sweet mantra to the accompaniment of cymbals.
The whole atmosphere is suffused with the sweetness of the divine name.

Posted from Anandashram,Kanjanghad.
Namaskar.

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #678 on: August 24, 2013, 04:03:42 PM »
It's amazing, Sri Ravi! Thank you for this infromation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmphBV0GyIY
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 24, 2013, 05:45:38 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

Thank You so much for sharing,good wishes and blessings Sir! I already feel so good whenever i hear our Lord name,Ram.

O,such a joyful and sweet name,pure nectar,pure nectar!

Sri Ram,Jay Ram,Jay Jay Ram!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:54:56 PM by Jewell »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 25, 2013, 04:41:10 AM »
Jewell/Hari,
You are blessed in being endowed with this taste for the Divine Name.

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna begins with the first saying of the Master that M heard :

Sri Ramakrishna said: "When, hearing the name of Hari or Rama once, you shed tears and your hair stands on end, then you may know for certain that you do not have to perform such devotions as the sandhya any more. Then only will you have a right to renounce rituals; or rather, rituals will drop away of themselves. Then it will be enough if you repeat only the name of Rama or Hari, or even simply Om." Continuing, he said, "The sandhya merges in the Gayatri, and the Gayatri merges in Om."
M. looked around him with wonder and said to himself: "What a beautiful place! What a charming man! How beautiful his words are! I have no wish to move from this spot.

Thanks Hari for that youtube link.I will watch it when i return to chennai on tuesday.I do not have the Broadband net connection here.

I will post the video clips of the nama singing at Mataji's samadhi in Anandashram and provide the link here after my return.

Namaskar.

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 25, 2013, 07:43:47 AM »
Dear Raviji,
It was so nice of you to share your experience  and blessings from Anandashram in the forum. It made a difference to my day, even though I was sick, you inspired me to  listen to some prayers and do some meditation.

Dear Hariji,
Thank you for sharing the link. I am glad to see that you are over your down time. Sri Nochur Venkataramanji in his discourses says all sadhakas go through some down times and it is only natural. We just have to hang on to our faith in Guru/God.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #682 on: August 25, 2013, 12:27:27 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi, yes, everyone who chants Lord's Name with love is really blessed indeed. Sri Ramakrishna and His close disciples were really such souls. :)

Dear latha, thank you very much. Yes, sometime we go through such experiences and moments but we must stick to the Master's words and authoirty and to keep silence.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 25, 2013, 01:37:14 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

Thank You sooo much for beautiful words of the Master! You always say something so kind and inspiring,full of assurances.

I cannot wait to see the videos!

With love and prayers,

Dear Lathaji,

I am happy to see you posting,coz i was wondered where have You been. I hope You recovered already,and if not,i wish You Very soon recovery!

With love and prayers,

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 25, 2013, 11:45:20 PM »
Dear Jewellji,

Thank you for your kind words. I have been very busy taking care of my son during his summer break. But it is part of my sadhana to read the postings on this forum, which I try to do daily. I really appreciate the effort taken by all the members in this forum to post such wonderful material.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 26, 2013, 06:24:40 AM »
Latha,
Wish you speedy recovery.May the Blessings of our Divine mother Sri Sarada be with us.I am posting this brief one from Sringeri.One of the best spots here is the adhishtanams(samadhis)of the great ones -sri Narasimha Bharati ,Sri Chandrasekhara Bharati and Sri Abhinava Vidya Tirtha.
Best Wishes.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 26, 2013, 06:37:11 AM »
Hari,

Dear Sri Ravi, yes, everyone who chants Lord's Name with love is really blessed indeed. Sri Ramakrishna and His close disciples were really such souls

How long does the bee buzz about? As long as it is not sitting on a flower. No sooner does it light on a flower and begin to sip honey than it keeps quiet.
"But you must remember another thing. One may talk even after the realization of God. But then one talks only of God and of Divine Bliss. It is like a drunkard's crying, 'Victory to the Divine Mother!' He can hardly say anything else on account of his drunkenness. You can notice, too, that a bee makes an indistinct humming sound after having sipped the honey from a flower.

Chanting the name after realization is an altogether different thing! :)

Namaskar

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 28, 2013, 12:08:45 AM »
Jewell/Friends,
I have uploaded the Ramnam singing at Anandashram by the women devotees.This is taken with the ipad camera and the video quality is serviceable.The venue is Mataji's Samadhi.Please Watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MihOuA2JVM

I find that there is a good video on Anandashram with footage of papa Ramdas and mataji Krishnabai.You may like to watch it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_h2sLJsVLQ

I am yet to sort out the videos and will post some more clips later.

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 28, 2013, 07:18:26 AM »
Hari/Friends,
Thanks for that link of the chanting of Ramnam.You may like to watch  this video excerpt on Papa Ramdas and Mataji Krishnabai and the singing of Ramnam here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aegTdlj3qWM
The commentary is in French and the video taken in 1959 is truly wonderful.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 28, 2013, 07:52:52 AM »
Mataji Krishnabai and Sri V.Ganesan-1

Friends,
What Role Mataji Krishnabai played in inspiring Sri V Ganesan to take care of the Old Devotees of Sri Bhagavan is narrated by Sri Ganesan in his talks that has been brought out as a book-The Human Gospel of Sri Ramana maharshi:

In 1960, I moved to Ramanashram. I worked diligently at Ashram duties but I was not completely happy. I couldn‘t put my finger on what was missing, and how I could be more fulfilled. Though I received a lot of well-meaning advice from peers at the Ashram, I was simply not fulfilled. My Teacher, T. K. Sundaresa Iyer then said to me, ―If you are not satisfied with our advice, then you should go and get it from an acknowledged jnani.‖ He then directed me to Papa Ramdas of Kanghangad in Kerala, who in turn sent me to his spiritual heir, a saint called Krishna Bai or Maatha ji.
I asked her, ―How should I serve my Master? What is my practice?‖ She replied, ―Old devotees of Bhagavan have already left the Ashram. Go bring them back, attend to them, and serve them until their last day. This is your service, your life. It is your Seva.‖ I was taken aback. I had closely studied Eastern and Western philosophy. Nowhere had I heard of serving the guru‘s devotees as a form of practice. She added, ―Another important hurdle is that since you are related to Ramana Maharshi, everybody will tell you and treat you like you are already liberated. They will tell you that according to the Hindu scriptures, a realized Master‘s relatives are already realized beings. Seven generations preceding and the subsequent seven generations are supposedly free of karma. Be here now. It is a golden chain into the non-existent past. It is a lie. You must earn your bread—your spiritual bread. God is absolutely impartial. You are to practice Ramana Maharshi‘s teachings, so pursue Self-Enquiry for your Self.‖
Overwhelmed by the magnitude of the task before me, I shed tears, ―Mother, I am leaving, and you will be far away!‖ ―I am going to guide you,‖ she reassured me. ―You are six hundred miles away from me! How are you going to guide me?‖ I looked at her questioningly. She replied, ―Don‘t worry about that. I will be guiding you every moment.‖ (Sure enough, I can palpably feel her guidance even now.)
When I came back to Ramanashram, I acted on Maatha ji‘s counsel very sincerely. I started searching for the elder devotees, coaxing them back to the Ashram, serving them, and putting Bhagavan‘s teachings and satsang into practice. In the beginning, I didn‘t always get it my way nor did I have a complete grasp of it, but I did not give up. I kept wondering why she had said that to serve the elder devotees was my practice.
Then the revelation dawned. I am being called to record and share all the devotees‘ reminiscences of Ramana Maharshi and their relationship with him, the satsang, the Darshans. I began working on this sharing with renewed inspiration. Veneration goes to the old devotees who started sharing their memories of Bhagavan. I owe much to beings like Kunjuswami, Annamalai Swami, G. Ramaswami Pillai, and Major Chadwick for coming forward with beautiful instances of their meetings with Ramana Maharshi. A deluge of reminiscences came down gracefully from these and other devotees. I pleaded with all of them to write them down. ―Please share your memories of Bhagavan, your interactions with him, and his interactions with the earlier devotees . . . everything. Because whatever you say will be direct from the source. And they graciously responded. In the thirty five years I was in Ramanashram, it was my association with elder devotees of Bhagavan that shared with me the joy and wisdom for posterity. It has been my Heart‘s wish to further share the joy and understanding of this literal and beautiful life in a sharing for many years.‖

continued...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:20:35 AM by Ravi.N »