Author Topic: Rough Notebook-Open Forum  (Read 316100 times)

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Rough Notebook-Open Forum
« Reply #645 on: August 03, 2013, 12:21:11 AM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

What a heart touching posts about Sri Ramakrishna... It is so beautiful experience to read about everything He said and did,and the most beautiful is the way M pictured and described everything. We can clearly see how He saw and experienced Master,and all what happened around Him. From the first moment i have started to read Gospel,from preface and introduction,i loved M. He was a Great devotee and Great Soul. Not to speak about Sri Vivekananda. He Is,and always will be something special for me. It is wonderful and impressive that love they had for their Master,and the love He had for them...

I loved the part where Sri Ramakrishna is taking garland...it is,somehow,very touching and sweet... And it is very hard to see pictures like this,no matter what is the message behind it...that we are not the bodies...

He is Bhagavan,God Himself.

Thank You so much,dear Sir,dear Sri Ravi!

With love and prayers,

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 05, 2013, 04:28:49 PM »
... It does bring sort of heaviness, you just don't want to be separated from the physical company of Bhagavan, however much we may rationalise spiritually. This bondage with the Guru is "paavanam" purifying. These are the special feelings we as humans are capable of experiencing.

it is really shattering!!! The play of Mother is indeed inscrutable! What purpose, what necessity!!

Who are we...? some invisible dust in this brahmaandam!!

They must be really so strong in faith to survive after the demise of body Holy Guru.

It is inevitable!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 05, 2013, 06:45:01 PM »

it is really shattering!!! The play of Mother is indeed inscrutable! What purpose, what necessity!!

Who are we...? some invisible dust in this brahmaandam!!

Dear Sri Nagaraj,

How true,how true! And how beautifuly said.

Everything does look like some strange play of the Mother. The play with Herself.

It is truly hard,i always avoid that kind of pictures. Only glance brings some heavy feeling,like You have said. But it is necessary,just because it is inevitable...

It is indeed hard for the devotees to experience something like this. And all that love and closeness is indeed purifying. Love so pure...

With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 05, 2013, 06:53:11 PM »
Dear Jewell,

Sri Soundarya Lahari says in one of its poem: O Mother! At the time of dissolution, Brahma closes His eyes, Vishnu
closes His eyes. Indra closes His eyes. All the gods close their eyes.  In that total destruction, You play with Sadasiva!

Everything is a sport of Uma.  Some are good sports and some are bad sports.  We cannot question her.  All we have
to do is to submissive and seek Her Grace.

Arunachala Siva.     

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 05, 2013, 07:14:11 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

How beautiful poem,and also words from You! Indeed,how can we question Uma and Her Leela. The Mother alone knows what is the best,and how to play. And She alone knows the true meaning of good and bad.

Thank You,dear Sir!

With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 05, 2013, 07:34:23 PM »
Dear Jewell,

All cards are with her.  She will supply some cards to us.  And we have to play with it. 

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 05, 2013, 07:39:56 PM »
Abhirami Bhattar says:

You have already taken hold of me and are ruling over me. Whether I do good to you and speak ill of you,
even if I jump into the mid ocean, it is your Will to place me on the shore.   

அன்றே தடுத்து என்னை ஆண்டுகொண்டாய், கொண்டது அல்ல என்கை
நன்றே உனக்கு? இனி நான் என் செயினும் நடுக்கடலுள்
சென்றே விழினும், கரையேற்றுகை நின் திருவுளமோ.-
ஒன்றே, பல உருவே, அருவே, என் உமையவளே.

(Abhirami Andati)

Arunachala Siva.

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 05, 2013, 11:24:45 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

Yes,indeed,All is Her will only. She is absolute ruler. And so beautiful verse! It speaks just about that.

Thank You,dear Sir!

With love and prayers,

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 05, 2013, 11:55:21 PM »
Friends,
'M,The Apostle and Evangelist' is a collection of 16 volumes of M's Talks recorded by his companion jagabandhu(Later Swami Nityatmananda).Jagabandhu was trained by M to maintain this Diary.
In volume 5 of this collection ,M tells Dr Hummel as to why he did not write about the passing away of Sri Ramakrishna.Here is the excerpt from this wonderful sequel to The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:

M. with Dr. Hummel of America-I         

Morton School- It is 5 p.m.; the sitting room on the second level.

M. is seated in the centre, facing east. Dr. E.M. Hummel (M.D.) is before him, seated on a chair facing south­west. A devotee attendant is standing behind M. This gentleman has come from Los Angeles, a city in the State of California in USA A man of heavy­built, he is about 50, and a bachelor. He practises spiritual disciplines. His family members say that he is crazy. He has come for M.'s darshana. Once before, he had come in the morning at about 11­:30 hrs for a little while. He has read the English version of the first part of the Kathamrita (M.'s English Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna) times without number. He knows the book by heart. His book is marked with a variety of coloured pencils, almost the same way as children do while reading their text­books. With what attention he has read the book! Even the difficult words occurring in the songs have been marked by him with the intention of asking M. to explain their meaning. Such devotees of foreign lands are rare indeed-so peaceful, so thoughtful, so full of faith! Some kind enquiries and the conversation begins.

Dr. Hummel (to M.)-When I set out for India, I made up my mind to see you. I have read your book. A good many people in America have benefitted highly by reading it.

M. - It is a matter of great pleasure Well have you been to the Belur Math?

The Doctor - Yes sir. I have been there and also to Dakshineswar. A young man has shown me all the holy places. I have some questions to ask. May I?

M. - Yes, please do.

The Doctor-What are the signs of God­vision?

M. ­ He who has seen God becomes like a child of five. He is always in communion with God. Sometimes he laughs, sometimes cries, sometimes he behaves like mad.

The Doctor-Why did you not write particularly about the passing away of Sri Ramakrishna?

M. - That was too tragic an event. I didn't like to write about it.

Those interested may read the complete chapter here:
http://www.kathamrita.org/apostle/m5.html#v5c8
It also has M's commentaries on some of the sayings of Sri Ramakrishna.

Namaskar.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:59:41 PM by Ravi.N »

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 06, 2013, 12:12:18 AM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

Thank You Very much for this! It is beautiful...

With love and prayers,

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 06, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

I watched the movie about Saint Tukaram,that other link You have posted,with subtitles. And it is absolutely wonderful!

There is so much wisdom and love in it. It brings such peacefulness,and in the same time,sweet intoxication. Every word resonates so much with me.
I love the way it shows,through every character,how we should approach our relationship,world,duties... Sanatana Dharma in every possible sense.

I am quite touched by this movie,and i cannot thank You enough,dear Sri Ravi!

Thank You so much!!!

With love and prayers,

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 06, 2013, 10:33:36 PM »
Jewell,
I totally agree with you.The Life Of Tukaram is absolutely wonderful and I have to say that this is beautifully brought out in that movie.What Humility,patience,Forbearance,Utter surrender to God,Openness to learn,not seeing other's faults,Total acceptance of one's mistakes,Generous Nature to share with others,Non-covetousness,What simplicity!-
True essence of Sanatana Dharma at its best.
I especially liked the scene where both Dhyanoba and Tukaram contest saying that the extra Bags of Grain belong to the other!
We will be blessed  if even a speck of the dust of the Holy feet of such a Great one like Tuka chance to fall on us.
What wonderful songs! Full of Jnana ,Bhakti,Viveka and Vairagya and also teaching us how to live a Dharmic Life.
Thanks very Much.
Namaskar.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:37:39 PM by Ravi.N »

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 06, 2013, 11:55:06 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

Yes,absolutely true! The songs are indeed wonderful! I truly enjoyed.
I love also His wife devotion and dedication to Him,even if she is furious.  :D I also like part where He is taking jewellery from her and saying: "Look how beautiful You are now." Also when He distributes all the crops and to last beggar gives from His home. It is beautiful. There are many which are very touching and funny. I think that acctor is good,how he picrured Saint Tukaram. In some semi walking state,so unnocent and peacefull. Like some child.

With love and prayers,

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 07, 2013, 08:19:59 AM »
Jewell,
How well you have followed and understood the characters in the movie,despite not knowing the language!Yes,every character is well portrayed and as you said,the one who plays Tukaram has done a wonderful job.
Sri Ramakrishna attended the Plays produced by Girish Chandra Ghosh.He once attended the play 'Chaitanya' and went and had darshan of the artists and saluted them after the play was over.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Girish Chandra Gosh
« Reply #659 on: August 11, 2013, 10:11:17 AM »
Nagaraj,
Yes,the story of Girish chandra Ghosh is inspirational in every sense.What liberties he took with Sri Ramakrishna!I will share more of it here when I find time.
Namaskar.