Author Topic: Rough Notebook-Open Forum  (Read 343207 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Rough Notebook-Open Forum
« Reply #525 on: December 18, 2012, 09:52:38 AM »
udai,
Is it the Brahman now arguing or its proxy? :)
Namaskar.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 18, 2012, 09:56:56 AM »
Dear Atmavichar,
      :)

Right now doing Siva Sahasranama , Aksharamana Mala , Thiruppavai  Chanting . Last month a friend of mine sent me a surprise Gift of Ribhu Gita book ( he had already given me the Audio CD of the same from Ramana Ashram ) .I will  get the Tamil version soon and chant  both sanskrit and tamil and see if I still have attachment to my shirt first and then the body 

If you chant regularly for a few days ... the attachment for shirt will vanish and then the body is seen as nothing more than a shirt :D LOL! Dont worry ... try it.
Aksharamanimalai is exceptional ...
But try with Ribhu Gita and then tell me.
Its Pure Samadhi.
Chant sanskrit lessons : 9,10,11,12,13,25 ... just these.
each chapter is a prakarana with a specific purpose.

Sure will do , but any specific reasons why those chapters listed by you .? I guess Bhagwan Ramana also pointed some Chapters are those the same as pointed by you ?
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 18, 2012, 10:10:19 AM »
udai,
The Relative has to reflect the absolute;if it does not the 'absolute' is only a chimera of the Relative. :)
Namaskar.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 18, 2012, 10:11:25 AM »
Dear Atmavichar,
       Ribhu Gita chapters of sanskrit and tamil are slightly different. The chapters in tamil seem to have jumbled up some verses !

I suggested those chapters coz I find them most useful. Ramana suggested chapter 26 of tamil. Subramanaian ji was saying it could be 29 of sanskrit version. I feel 25 could also be a possible candidate.

The chapters i picked are exceptional in my view.

Thanks Tushnim , will do and and will note the difference in tamil / sanskrit versions while chanting .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 18, 2012, 10:59:08 AM »
udai,
The Relative is not with names and forms.It is as it is and reflects the absolute in this way.
Did the 'Tamarind tree' assume a name for itself?It is the Human mind that wanted to differentiate it from other trees and gave it the 'Identity'?
Likewise we retain an 'identity' for easy identification.Iam not referring to this.

When I am referring to the 'Relative should reflect the absolute' ,I am referring to the Sages who are like this.They are as They are.They have Realized the absolute and reflect that in everything they do;this is automatic and not deliberate.They say things that are helpful and meet the particular need of the seeker.They do not go overboard and seek to convince each and everyone they encounter with a single formula.

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 18, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »
udai,

How can the relative reflect the absolute ?
Relative world is with names.
Absolute is nameless

You must have heard this chant-Om purnamadhah poornamidham.....poornameva vasishyate'.

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 18, 2012, 11:29:06 AM »
Udai,
I have not spoken about vyavaharika and paramaritka.This is another arbitrary division that serves as a cop or excuse for many lapses.Just where is the boundary line?
I have spoken only about the Relative and absolute.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 18, 2012, 11:51:44 AM »
Udai,
Vyavaharika=Transaction oriented.The Relative is only a perspective,as seen through the mind and the senses.It need not be transaction oriented.

Vyavaharika is bound by habits.Swami X can only travel by air;even travelling by train or any other lesser mode of travel is of 'no significance' ,as all Travel is' vyavaharika'.All this has nothing to do with Paramarthika,which has nothing to do with vyavaharika,as per this school of thought.

To another person,this is  'materialistic'!See the Relative perspective!

The Relative perspective of The Sage reflects the absolute.The 'Vyavaharika' of a person reflects his habits.

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 18, 2012, 11:55:17 AM »
Udai,
Poornamadha means 'That is poornam';'Poornamidam' means what is seen through the senses and mind is poornam.

This has to be experienced as such;It has nothing to do with whether 'one' is 'Bound' are 'Free'-These are ideas and phantasy! :)

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 18, 2012, 12:02:26 PM »
udai,
Relative means Related to the seer;not related to something else. :)
Transactional means relationship between two different entities.Please see the basic difference.
For A Sage,the seen reflects the absolute.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 18, 2012, 12:11:05 PM »
udai,
I have already pointed out clearly.I will leave it here as it stands.You may take it or leave it.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 23, 2012, 07:25:34 AM »
Anil,

"Sri Bhagwan taught that if you seek the Self, love the Self, yearn for It, feel for It. How wonderfully Sri Paramhamsa drives home the fundamental prerequisites even to the seekers of the Impersonal Ideal?"

Yes Anil Bhai.This is something that gets ignored by too much emphasis on 'thought' and 'awareness'-The Mind tends to approach by trying to annul itself(Neti,Neti)but it requires this 'inward pull' ,yearning to truly plunge the mind in toto in the Self.The covert significance of 'nan yAr'is that it is not just a technique that some people imagine it is.This may be so in its 'Overt' aspect.In its deeper aspect ,it is a dynamic self surrender;I am using the word Dynamic in order to distinguish it from 'the idle passivity' that is mistaken for surrender.
Thanks very much.
Namaskar.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 23, 2012, 08:19:51 AM »
I am using the word Dynamic in order to distinguish it from 'the idle passivity' that is mistaken for surrender.

Dear Ravi

The biggest mistake many people in spiritual circles make is to take their idle passivity as surrender .

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 23, 2012, 09:41:28 AM »
Quote from Sri Ravi:
“This is something that gets ignored by too much emphasis on 'thought' and 'awareness'-The Mind tends to approach by trying to annul itself(Neti,Neti)but it requires this 'inward pull' ,yearning to truly plunge the mind in toto in the Self.The covert significance of 'nan yAr'is that it is not just a technique that some people imagine it is.This may be so in its
'Overt' aspect.In its deeper aspect ,it is a dynamic self surrender;I am using the word Dynamic in order to distinguish it from 'the idle passivity' that is mistaken for surrender.
Thanks very much.”

Quote from Sri Atmavichara:
“The biggest mistake many people in spiritual circles make is to take their idle passivity as surrender .”

Dear Sri Ravi,

Ji. Yes. This is the essence and every aspirant, aspiring on the spiritual path, in my view also, must imbibe to reach the Goal.

Those who believe that the Self can be discovered BY THE MIND either through affirmation, such as ‘I am Brahman’ or through negation, such as ‘I am not this, I am not that’. This, in my view, is the root of myriad misconceptions.
BY ‘I am not this, I am not that, nor body, nor mind, nor the prana, etc., etc.’ , one can discard everything but cannot eliminate ‘I’.  Sri Bhagwan says that this is as far as the mind or intellect can go.  The process is only intellectual.       
Therefore, as you beautifully said,  ‘nan yAr’ is not merely a technique, a dry method, but a dynamic self-surrender. Sri Bhagwan says ‘mind in deep plunge’. How will the deep plunge come about without deep yearning for the GREAT CAUSE. If one does not has the genuine love and yearning for the Self that one is seeking, where from the RESOLVE TO FIND THE SELF WHICH IS THE DYNAMIC ELEMENT IN THE VICHARA COME ABOUT? Self is the Grace. Therefore, if love and yearning are missing how one will realise Grace, which will pull the mind in toto to the Core? Ji. Yes, mere idle passivity should not be mistaken for that surrender Sri Bhagwan speaks of.

Thanks very much, sir, for a very fruitful post.
Pranam,
  Anil

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 24, 2012, 06:26:49 PM »
Hari,
Wishing you a Happy Birthday and a Joyous Christmas.May the Grace and Blessings of Lord Jesus ,The Christ be ever with us.
Namaskar.