Author Topic: Rough Notebook-Open Forum  (Read 343274 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Rough Notebook-Open Forum
« Reply #420 on: November 07, 2012, 02:04:14 PM »
udai,
Sounds like the Proverbial ostrich that bury's its head in the sand and imagining that no predators are there!Good Luck to you. :)
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 07, 2012, 02:18:13 PM »
udai,
The problem is that however profound it is as an 'idea' it is very much an Idea.Truth is totally unrelated to 'Idea'. :)
Truth cannot be verified through ideas but has to be tested on the Ground-"Taxes" :)
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 07, 2012, 02:22:38 PM »
Udai,
I know that not many will pass the acid test- the sense of 'Mine'.It is not easy.It is quite easy to live in the world of ideas but not so to face facts. :)
Namaskar

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 07, 2012, 03:02:23 PM »
Friends,
An interesting story from The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:
"Once Lakshmi and Narayana were seated in Vaikuntha, when Narayana suddenly stood up. Lakshmi had been stroking His feet. She said, 'Lord, where are You going?' Narayana answered: 'One of My devotees is in great danger. I must save him.' With these words He went out. But He came back immediately. Lakshmi said, 'Lord, why have You returned so soon?' Narayana smiled and said: The devotee was going along the road overwhelmed with love for Me. Some washermen were drying clothes on the grass, and the devotee walked over the clothes. At this the washermen chased him and were going to beat him with their sticks. So I ran out to protect him.' 'But why have You come back?' asked Lakshmi. Narayana laughed and said: 'I saw the devotee himself picking up a brick to throw at them.(All laugh.) So I came back.'

The 'I' survives surreptitiously.As Swami Vivekananda says in his inspired talks:'God helps those who do not help themselves'!He is referring to the Great ones who do not have sense of 'I' and 'Mine' -everything happens to them without their volition.
If we are 'Taking care' of our body,it is clear that we are very much caught up in ignorance only;Else we should with equal zest say that we are taking care of other 'bodies' in the world.This is exactly what Swami Vivekananda says in 'Inspired Talks':Learn to feel yourself in other bodies, to know that we are all one.

Living in 'ideas' is quite different than living as a jivanmukta.

Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 07, 2012, 03:07:32 PM »
Dear Ravi,

Nice story. Thanks.

Arunachala Siva.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 07, 2012, 04:26:59 PM »
Jewell,
I am quite happy that you found the story of Sri Ramakrishna's pictures interesting and rewarding.Rakhal Maharaj(Swami Brahmananda,spiritual son of Sri Ramakrishna)was a Great soul and his teachings are very useful for all aspirants.His life and teachings are published in book form,called 'Eternal Companion'(So called because Rakhal Maharaj was identified by Sri Ramakrishna as a companion of Lord Sri Krishna in his former incarnation!).You may find this book online:
http://www.rkmfiji.org/node/58
Namaskar.

Dear Sri Ravi,

Thank You Very much for the link! Interesting indeed to read such stories!

With love and prayers,

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 08, 2012, 06:41:53 AM »
Friends,
"You see, mere study of books avails nothing. One may recite the written part for the drum glibly from memory, but to play the drum is exceedingly difficult."

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 08, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
Udai,
It is clear that the ego is continuing to play its drum! :)
Namaskar

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 08, 2012, 11:30:01 AM »
udai,
The saying goes:"Physician ,Heal thyself". :)
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 08, 2012, 11:48:15 AM »
udai,
Please understand no one is seeking any advice here. :)
I am sharing some of the sayings of The Great ones here and if one finds it useful,one is free to take it;if not one may skip it.
There is simply no need to persist that we are here to put others on track;that is not our job here.
If we are in silence , we would be just content to state what we feel or see;not go on contesting and trying to establish we are right.
Namaskar.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 08, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »
Ravi garu,

what is wrong in giving advice or correcting anyone?

This is infact the whole idea of why great sages have written books as they felt it would be useful in giving advice for generations to come to understand ideal way of living..

Many times in this forum itself i have seen new members seeking advices on various topics and getting benefitted by the given advice.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 08, 2012, 01:29:51 PM »
Dear prasanth,

What Ravi meant was that here in this Forum, all members are equally endowed with the knowledge of life and teachings
of Sri Bhagavan and no one 'need' any advice. Occasionally when a doubt arises, (like why Jnana Sambandhar should cause
killing of defeated Jainas) one could answer. That is all.

Arunachala Siva.   

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 08, 2012, 01:32:59 PM »
udai,
I do not own anything here. :)
I certainly do not have any problem with the posts.You are certainly welcome to share your observations and understanding;only do not expect that others have to concur. :)
May be I see something in this that you are blind to and this has more to do with the manner in which 'Ideas' are shared than the 'Ideas' themselves.It is in the persistence that your 'vision' is right and others are not seeing it;and this persistence is a definitive sign of 'Ego'.This is not a personal comment,as I do not know you.
The Clear sign of 'Ego' is that it seeks to justify itself,have the last word and carry on until others accept or withdraw;If not it will withdraw into a shell,leave the Forum.Yet,it cannot stay away as it feeds on debates(that it calls as Discussions);Without it,it will not feel that life is wothwhile!
The way of silence is that it only whispers,and never shout and insist that it be heard.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 08, 2012, 01:44:17 PM »
prashant,
"what is wrong in giving advice or correcting anyone?"

Truly nothing wrong.If one seeks advice,another may give it,provided one is competent.So ,it depends on the subject matter.Sometimes ,it may just be a sharing of information.In spiritual matters some general ,common advice ,guidelines may be given.What I have found best is to share the teachings of the Great ones,and leave it to the recipient to absorb it and find his recourse :)
Namaskar.

cefnbrithdir

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 08, 2012, 02:12:32 PM »

To simplify horribly it seems to me that in  the East  you have been brought up with the concept of ignorance,  in the West  we have been brought up with the concept of fear. Getting rid of ignorance is not easy - getting rid of fear is not easy either.

"The Maharshi has particularly appealed to me because of his extreme politeness and gentleness. He is gentle to a degree that surpasses gentleness. My visit to the Sage of Arunachala has been the greatest event in my life"

Grant Duff