Author Topic: Rough Notebook-Open Forum  (Read 284171 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Rough Notebook-Open Forum
« Reply #255 on: October 01, 2012, 05:49:53 PM »
Tushnim,
As you wish. :)
Namaskar.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 01, 2012, 07:04:01 PM »
Tushnim - I think you get the reward for becoming fastest Full Member :). Just a joke, my friend :)
Salutations to Bhagawan

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2012, 11:39:21 AM »
Venkat,
I am moving my posts here as advised by you!

venkat(Tushnim?Udai?)
Okay.Let me give it a try.This is your first post as 'Tushim':

"Hello Everyone !

I am a new member to this forum and thought it would be nice to introduce myself through the association with Bhagavan rather than worldly stuff.

Bhagavan Graced me on 2001 through an elderly gentleman. Thanks to this elderly person I got the opportunity to study Bhagavan's Gospel and Life. Since then I have been practising self inquiry and today Bhagavan gave me this wonderful opportunity to have the satsang of this forum members.

Thanking you all
Venkat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you a new member or is this your new avatar here?I am not getting personal here,but Truthfulness is a basic requirement in spiritual Sadhana.Hiding something is a form of falsehood.All the Grand things we may have read or claim rests on 'Integrity'.
This is the Reason behind my asking you whether you are 'Tushnim' or 'Udai'.I may be wrong in my presuming that you are udai,but I am certainly not wrong in seeing that it is a familiar strain that I heard when you flashed a couple of verses from Yoga Vasishta and asked me in what seemed to me a Bombastic fashion-'Does Ramakrishna disagrees with this?',in your opening salvo.

What do you think about this question?Will someone who considers Ramakrishna as his guru and God ask such a silly question?Why did you ask this question?Is it not to test my understanding?

I have a suggestion.I am open for any further discussion on this,but I will answer only one Question of yours in a day.We will go at this pace,if it okay with you.I will prefer that we do not discuss this topic of your identity any longer,if you can clearly tell me that it is a case of Mistaken Identity and That I have been wrong to assume all this.
I will happily stand corrected.My apologies in advance.

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »
Venkat/Friends,
I am retaining this post for its entertainment value :)

Questioner(Tushnim?Udai?),
We may discuss the subject if there is any doubt in the questioner's mind;If the 'Question' that the 'questioner' asks are the 'Questioners' need.
We may also discuss for validating what is in the Questioner's mind,provided the questioner puts those questions in that spirit.
We are not discussing what the Questioner 'Does' in terms of his Life;We are only questioning the Integrity of the 'Mind' of the questioner;as it said that an earnest seeker is known by the question that he asks,not the answers that he may supply.
If you wish to Discuss scriptural Books,say so Upfront and those who wish to discuss will definitely do so and with a proper context.
I have not posted what I did as any 'Reaction' but as a pointer;"When the time is ripe, it aids those that it has to aid"

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 06, 2012, 11:53:22 AM »
Venkat/Friends,
I am copying this post here.Please let me know whether it is okay to leave this in that thread as well;if you want me to remove it,I will gladly do so.

Friends,
I saw a thread on Sri Bhagavan and sri Aurobindo.Here are a few excerpts from sri Aurobindo,relevant to our discussion.I have posted earlier as well when our friend udai was discussing exactly the same thing,and it is no different today as well:

"The first step is a quiet mind—silence is a further step, but quietude must be there; and by a quiet mind I mean a mental consciousness within which sees thoughts arrive to it and move about but does not itself feel that it is thinking or identifying itself with the thoughts or call them its own. Thoughts, mental movements may pass through it as wayfarers appear and pass from elsewhere through a silent country—the quiet mind observes them or does not care to observe them, but, in either case, does not become active or lose its quietude. Silence is more than quietude; it can be gained by banishing thought altogether from the inner mind keeping it voiceless or quite outside; but more easily it is established by a descent from above—one feels it coming down, entering and occupying or surrounding the personal consciousness which then tends to merge itself in the vast impersonal silence"

The words “peace, calm, quiet, silence” have each their own shade of meaning, but it is not easy to define them.

Peace—santi.

Calm—sthirata.

Quiet—acancalata.

Silence—niscala-niravata.

Quiet is a condition in which there is no restlessness or disturbance.

Calm is a still unmoved condition which no disturbance can affect—it is a less negative condition than quiet.

Peace is a still more positive condition; it carries with it a sense of settled and harmonious rest and deliverance.

Silence is a state in which either there is no movement of the mind or vital or else a great stillness which no surface movement can pierce or alter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bases of Yoga-Sri Aurobindo

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 06, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »
Venkat,
I have cleared my posts from the thread that you have initiated;Have left a few quotations from Sri Ramakrishna,Sri Bhagavan and Sri Aurobindo.Hope this is okay with you.If you want those to be removed,please let me know.I will be too happy to oblige.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 06, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »
Friends,
For those of you in Chennai,Sri Nochur Venkatraman  is giving talks at Sudharma,near woodland Hotel on Radha Krishnan sAlai ,at 18:30 hrs (06/10/12).The Shankaracharya of Sringeri peetam is camping there and perhaps may grace this occasion.
For your information,Sri Nochur had given a 3 day  talk on Akshara MaNa mAlai(wonderful),continuing from where he left off last year in Astika samAjam,alwarpet .He had also given a seven day talk on the upanishads and the Gita at Hema MAlini kalyAna mandapam recently.All these will be brought out in CD format.
Namaskar

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 06, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »
Friends,
For those of you in Chennai,Sri Nochur Venkatraman  is giving talks at Sudharma,near woodland Hotel on Radha Krishnan sAlai ,at 18:30 hrs (06/10/12).The Shankaracharya of Sringeri peetam is camping there and perhaps may grace this occasion.
For your information,Sri Nochur had given a 3 day  talk on Akshara MaNa mAlai(wonderful),continuing from where he left off last year in Astika samAjam,alwarpet .He had also given a seven day talk on the upanishads and the Gita at Hema MAlini kalyAna mandapam recently.All these will be brought out in CD format.
Namaskar

Mr.Ravi

Thanks for the info . Do u know where we can get Sri .Nochur's talk on Akshara Mana Malai on CD ?I got his Ulladhu Naarpadu from Ramana Ashram few years back .
BTW is he giving a talk on Srimad Bhagavatham today at Sudharma ?
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 06, 2012, 01:42:03 PM »
Krishna,
Correction .The talk is at 18:00 hrs today.I understand that it is a continuation on 'Guru Kripa vilAsam' from where left off yesterday.I am given to understand that he spoke about how Sri Abhinava Vidya Tirtha swamiji received upadesa in dream from Sri Chandrasekara Bharati swamiji.
The CDs generally will be available whenever he gives his talks at Narada gana sabha.I will find out and revert on this.
Namaskar.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 06, 2012, 01:47:06 PM »
Krishna,
Correction .The talk is at 18:00 hrs today.I understand that it is a continuation on 'Guru Kripa vilAsam' from where left off yesterday.I am given to understand that he spoke about how Sri Abhinava Vidya Tirtha swamiji received upadesa in dream  from Sri Chandrasekara Bharati swamiji.
The CDs generally will be available whenever he gives his talks at Narada gana sabha.I will find out and revert on this.
Namaskar.

Thanks Ravi .I have read almost all publications of Sringeri with regard to Sri Chandareskara Bharati Swamiji and I highly respect him and my latest quote in Shankaracharya Thread is also from him yesterday from the book Golden Words of H.H.Sri Chandrasekhara Bharati and I consider it a good coincidence that Sri Nochurji also started speaking about him from yesterday .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 06, 2012, 02:12:14 PM »
Sri Nochur has at many instances spoken about Sri Chandrashekhara Bharthi Swamigal in his pravachanams.

I really wish i were at chennai today, i request, Sri Ravi, kindly post a brief report, if you get to attend the pravachanam.

a year, couple of years back, when i used to visit Ramanashramam, i used to get opportunity to see Sri Nochur sitting in the Samadhi hall, alone and silently, also got chance to converse with him, very briefly. But, he is getting busier by the day, and not easy to find him these days. I was being attached to Sri Nochur, may be thats why, i cant find him these days.

Atma is the only Guru, which is always with us.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 06, 2012, 04:02:03 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

I have also met Nochur on two or three occasions in Asramam. Twice he came to Bangalore., One occasion, I listened to him
to discourse on Sri Dakshinamurti Stotram for 7 days between 7 am and 8 am.

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 07, 2012, 02:35:09 PM »
Venkat(Tushnim/udai?),
Please do not hesitate to participate in this Forum.I like this Post of yours the Best.Here it is:

Yet Sri Ramakrishna is much more than that sir.
Did you visit the Dakshineswar temple and walk at the same place where sri ramakrishan walked? touch the same stones that Sri Ramakrishna touched ?
As it is said
 "Alas, I am not even a stone so that Sri Rama may have touched me with his feet!
  Alas I am not that hunter who could write the holy poetry!
  Were I a squirrel at the ocean banks, would I also not have done my little bit and god Sri Rama's signature on me ?
  Ah! ,while even the mute creation is reveling in Rama's Presence I am born a human to wast my life in sense pleasures"

Only I would like you to review this:"I Love Sri Ramakrishna too sir. But the gospel is too small a book to contain all his sayings sir. He himself reaches out to people in different ways ! ".
The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna is like Srimad Bhagavatham;No one can say that he has finished Reading it or that he has completely understood the Teachings there.I have been reading this for only 35 Years now,and my understanding of it is very little.I will consider myself blessed if I can fully understand and assimilate  one saying of the Master,like for example this saying:
"Parable of pearl oyster

"One should have faith in the holy name given by the guru and with it practise spiritual
discipline. It is said that the pearl oyster makes itself ready for the rain that falls when the
star Svati is in the ascendant. Taking a drop of that rain, it dives into the fathomless depths
of the ocean and remains there until the pearl is formed."

Just what is this drop(seems to be an insignificant thing,yet how precious!),What is diving?,What is the Fathomless ocean?What is Remaining there?
what is the Pearl?.
The Imagery is quite telling and attractive but if we ponder over this,it is quite unfathomable.In order that the disciple does not get bogged down,Sri Ramakrishna has given this so practical advice -"One should have faith in the holy name given by the guru and with it practise spiritual discipline",this in itself would lead to all that follows.

Like this,The Gospel is a perfect blend of jNana,Bhakti,karma and Yoga paths,all blended and offered by the Master like a mother to her Child.There is nothing that has not been covered in this wonderful KathAmrita.

Do continue to participate in this Forum;it is as much your prerogative as any of us;perhaps more yours,since you wish to communicate and are enthusiastic about what you wish to share.You may wish to  reconsider how you present yourself here.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 07, 2012, 05:22:23 PM »
Udai,
Good to see you again.Wish you the Very Best.
Namaskar.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 07, 2012, 06:38:59 PM »
Dear Sri Tushnim.Asanam,

I am very glad and happy that You are here! You have a great insight,and this forum is getting only more interesting.

Wish You All the Best!