Author Topic: Rough Notebook-Open Forum  (Read 367810 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Rough Notebook-Open Forum
« Reply #2145 on: November 15, 2016, 10:27:36 AM »
Today is the Liberation Day of Idangazhi Nayanar:

Aippasi Kritthika Day.

I have given the life history of this Nayanamar in the 63 Saiva Saints.
Please go through them to know the full life story of Idangazhi Nayanar.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: November 24, 2016, 02:19:41 PM »
Today is the Liberation Day of Mei Porul Nayanar. 

Kartikai - Uthiram star day.

I have given the detailed life story of Mei Porul Nayanar, in my serial post of
63 Saiva Saints, see my serial post on the subject.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: November 25, 2016, 12:04:39 PM »
Today is the Liberation Day of Anaaya Nayanar.

Kartikai Hastam star day.

I have given the detailed life story of Anaaya Nayanar in my serial post of 63 Saiva
Saints.  One can go through the same to find out the full life story
of Anaaya Nayanar.

Arunachala Siva.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:06:30 PM by Subramanian.R »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: November 26, 2016, 06:01:26 PM »
M: Within the prison of your world appears a man who tells you that the world of painful contradictions, which you have created, is neither continuous nor permanent and is based on a misapprehension. He pleads with you to get out of it, by the same way by which you got into it. You got into it by forgetting what you are and you will get out of it by knowing yourself as you are.
- Nisargadatta Maharaj, I AM THAT ch 15
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: November 29, 2016, 01:02:55 PM »
D.: Will the West ever understand this teaching?
M.: There is no question of time and space. Understanding depends on ripeness of mind. What does it matter if one lives in the East or in the West?
(From 'Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi': 338)
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: November 29, 2016, 11:24:40 PM »
WITHOUT SELF-KNOWLEDGE, NO VIRTUE IS GENUINE
That which you are, your true Self, you love it, and whatever you do, you do for your own happiness. To find it, to know it, to cherish it is your basic urge.
Since time immemorial you loved yourself, but never wisely. Use your body and mind wisely in the service of the self, that is all. Be true to your own self, love your self absolutely. Do not pretend that you love others as yourself. Unless you have realized them as one with yourself, you cannot love them Don't pretend to be what you are not, don't refuse to be what you are. Your love of others is the result of self-knowledge, not its cause.
Without self-realization, no virtue is genuine. When you know beyond all doubting that the same life flows through all that is and you are that life, you will love all naturally and spontaneously. When you realize the depth and fullness of your love of yourself, you know that every living being and the entire universe are included in your affection. But when you look at anything as separate from you, you cannot love it for you are afraid of it. Alienation causes fear and fear deepens alienation. It is a vicious circle. Only Self-realization can break it. Go for it resolutely.
- Nisargadatta Mahraj, I AM THAT ch 46

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: December 01, 2016, 11:48:50 AM »
Today is the Liberation Day of Moorka Nayanar:

Karthikai Month and Moola Star Day.

The life story of Moorka Nayanar has already been given by me in my serial post
of 63 Saiva Saints.  Members can please go through the serial post on 63 Saiva
Saints to know the full life history of the Nayanmar.

Arunachala Siva.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:52:05 AM by Subramanian.R »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: December 02, 2016, 01:59:17 PM »
Today is Sirapuli Nayanar Liberation Day:

Karthikai month, Puradam star day.

I have given the detailed life story of Sirapuli Nayanar in my serial post on the
63 Saiva Saints. Please go through the same.

Arunachala Siva.   

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 02:01:32 PM by Subramanian.R »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: December 03, 2016, 07:15:07 AM »
Everybody is a Saint, Everybody a Preacher,
Till, Life's tests comes and stands in front,
Inner secrets of nature (vasanas) then rise from the bottom
God is the only refuge then - Mankuthimma by Sri DV Gundappa

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: December 04, 2016, 07:51:46 PM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: December 05, 2016, 07:15:39 AM »
CONSCIOUS IMMORTALITY
MEDITATION WILL BE SUCCESSFUL

A devotee was feeling despondent.
Maharshi: The question must be put, 'Who is despondent?'
It is the phantom of the ego, which falls prey to such thoughts. In sleep the person is not afflicted. The sleep state is the normal (undisturbed) one. Enquire and find out. Does one not find some kind of peace in meditation? That is a sign of progress; that peace will be deeper and more prolonged with continued practice. It will also lead to the goal.
Inasmuch as you say that you are ignorant, you are wise, and it makes your way easier for the removal of ignorance. Is he a mad man who says that he is mad? The control of desire and meditation are interdependent.
They must go hand in hand. Abhyasa and vairagya bring about the result. Vairagya is to restrain the mind from projecting outwards and abhyasa is to keep it turned inward. There is a constant struggle within between control and meditation. Meditation will eventually be successful.
If you seek God with your whole heart, then you may be assured that the Grace of God is also seeking you.
- Conscious Immortality p. 53

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 05, 2016, 09:23:49 AM »
Bhagavan Ramana used to say the same when devotees complained about not being able to see him Physically

I am sorry by posting other Acharyas experience, however i thought all Gurus in spirit are the same for offering knowledge.
In 1939, His Holiness Sri Chandrasekhara Bharati was staying in Bangalore for more than eight months. Hundreds of people had Darshan of the Guru and received his blessings. After this long stay His Holiness set out for Kalady, the birth place of Sri Sankaracharya. On the morning of his departure a disciple was sobbing when he went out to receive the ?Phala-mantrakshita?. The Guru asked him why he sobbed.
The disciple said ?For eight months I had darshan of the Guru, was greatly blessed and elevated. Hereafter I shall miss his darshan. I do not if I will live to see the Guru again.?
Guru: ?Who is that Guru who has given you such blessings and elevation??
Disciple: ?Why? It is yourself.?
Guru: ?In that case, I am a failure as a Guru, if this all that I have taught in eight months. It is better you miss me.?
Disciple: ?Why??
Guru: ?My body is not your Guru. The Guru is with you always in spirit. If you consider that my body is your Guru I have been a failure.?

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: December 07, 2016, 07:52:40 AM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 12, 2016, 08:10:35 AM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: December 15, 2016, 04:52:26 PM »
When an intimate devotee of Bhagavan, soulfully told him that he was finding it very difficult to cope with mundane life, the mountain of munificence looked at him deeply and said,
?Go along with the current. Don‟t try to swim against the flow of the river. All that is happening is what a higher power has already enjoined. Human efforts to change it or alter it to one‟s advantage amounts to going against His order. Acceptance of it is a natural movement and rejection of it, wholly unnatural. Surrender is nothing but total acceptance of it. Then it becomes the burden of the higher power and no more yours! Everything is perfectly all right as it is. Realize it! Go along with its natural completion.?
DROPS from the OCEAN