Author Topic: Rough Notebook-Open Forum  (Read 316113 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Rough Notebook-Open Forum
« Reply #1260 on: December 22, 2014, 05:52:43 PM »
Ramanaduli,
What is the problem in applying the mind?Mind has to attend to the work at hand in order to do it effectively and efficiently.
Namaskar

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 23, 2014, 06:09:30 AM »
Dear Ravi ji

Our own state is without mind. We are without mind in our deep sleep. Once our mind gets awakened, we are getting up from bed and the whole activities are taking place. It means, whole day we are with mind, but this is not our true nature is not it? As I am following Bhagavan's foot step
after all the work suddenly I feel whole day my mind is my master. Some activities we do not need our mind as because of our habit. But for new plan I  apply my mind i.e. thinking. (Labam and nashtam).  Can we do without help of our mind?

Ramanaduli

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 23, 2014, 06:34:28 AM »
Ramanaduli,
It is not as if mind is not in deep sleep.It is dormant and sleep is there precisely to give rest to the mind.When we wake up,mind is awake and it is precisely for the purpose of going about our daily activities.Our Real nature as Atman is in no way changed on account of sleep or waking up.It is not necessary nor possible to be without mind,for mind is nothing but a projection of life energy.As long as we live in the Body,we certainly will have to deploy both the Body and the mind.What is possible is to be without viruppu veruppu(Likes and dislikes)-It is on account of the mind soaked in Likes and Dislikes that it becomes the master and wants to do certain things and refrains from doing certain other things.
Mind is there to function in this world-and a mind that is free from likes and dislikes ,will function effectively and efficiently and with full attention,and without friction.This is what is called spontaneous activity.
Sri Bhagavan used to give the example of a cashier who pays full attention to count the notes -taking it from someone who wants to deposit money in the bank,or before giving it to someone who wants to withdraw.He does all this with complete attention but he is never elated when taking money or depressed when giving it away.

Here is entry No 22 from the Diary of Annamalai swami:

Once I asked Bhagavan: "Even while performing only good deeds one meets with suffering, while another who does evil deeds does not meet with suffering. What is the significance?"
Sri Bhagavan?s response: "For each one, in accordance with the karma of past births, happiness and misery alternately ensues in this birth. Accepting both with patience while abiding in the Self, whatever the activity one happens to be engaged in, unmindful of the happiness or sorrow it entails -this alone is good."

The key to all this is to live from the center of our being and as and when the consciousness gets externalized,to get back to the center-and do all activities without likes and dislikes.What needs to be done has to be done with full attention and enthusiasm.Ofcourse we do work to achieve 'some' result-and put all our energy towards achieving that result.Only if that 'Result' does not turn up,we still remain without being disappointed.As we progress in sadhana ,we will know that all this is possible.
Namaskar.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:39:30 AM by Ravi.N »

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 23, 2014, 08:04:58 AM »
Dear Ravi ji

Instead of going to temple, do japa it seems that doing any type of work according to our situation with out likes or dislikes is a great difficult sadhana,  Most of the time the result may not be appreciated by everyone, 50% people like and rest of them do not like. So we should continue our work without any likes or dislikes of the comments or loss. It is true that God, guru is far away in the worldly activities.

Thanks for the reply

Ramanaduli

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 23, 2014, 09:35:57 AM »
Ramanaduli,
other's likes and dislikes is not referred to in my Post.What I have referred to is our own Likes and dislikes with which approach any activity or shrink from it.Guru or God should always be with us,only then we will be able to do our work without like or dislike.It is not as if God is with us when we visit temples or holy places and is not there when we are engaged in other activities.We are always in the presence of God wherever we are.
Namaskar.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 23, 2014, 10:02:29 AM »
Dear Ravi ji

When we live in society we have to consider other people's concern too. That time I always in trouble. Many times I do some work which is not liked by me. 
All work is being done with God's grace only in His presence. Nothing can be escaped.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 23, 2014, 10:15:10 AM »
Ramanaduli,
We know too well Aesop's Fable on trying to please everyone-the story of two men and the Donkey.
In matters of opinion flow with the current and in matters of principle,stand firm as a Rock.

Namaskar

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: December 26, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: December 28, 2014, 08:42:21 AM »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 05, 2015, 06:26:35 AM »
"IT'S NOTHING, IT'S NOTHING!"

IT is not easy to get rid of illusion. It lingers even after the attainment of knowledge. A man dreamt of a tiger. Then he woke up and his dream vanished. But his heart continued to palpitate. Some thieves came to a field. A straw figure resembling a man had been put there to frighten intruders. The thieves were scared by the figure and could not persuade themselves to enter the field. One of them, however, approached and found that it was only a figure made of straw. He came back to his companions and said, "There is nothing to be afraid of." But still they refused to go. They said that their hearts were beating fast. Then the daring thief laid the figure on the ground and said, "It is nothing, it is nothing." This is the process of 'Neti, neti.'

Tales and parables of Sri Ramakrishna

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 06, 2015, 06:35:23 AM »
Friends,
Today is the jayanthi day of our beloved bhagavan.I wish to share an excerpt from Swami Ranganathananda's reminiscences from 'Face to face with Sri Ramana Maharshi':

We have seen Ramana Maharshi; we read about Suka of the Bhagavatam. There is so much similarity between the two. They found delight in and were revelling in the Self-experiencing infinite joy, free from the bondage and yet filled with motiveless love. It is the eternal message manifesting in a human dimension whom we call Ramana the Maharshi.
There is a beautiful verse in Sankaracharya?s Vivekachudamani, which is so apt for the Maharshi: ?Absolutely poor but full of happiness, no army behind but infinitely strong, no experience of sense satisfaction but always happy, none equal to him but he feels all to be his equals.? I would like to refer to just one instance.
When I arrived I had told him that I would be staying for three days and would leave by train on the evening of the third day. I had forgotten. He looked at me at the right time and said, ?Your tonga is arranged, it is time for you to go.? How human ? talking man-to-man, and yet how gigantic.
What is said of Sri Krishna in the Bhagavatam applies equally to Bhagavan.?The more we hear, the more the desire arises to hear more and more.? May all of us be worthy of this tremendous spiritual dynamo who enters our heart even without our knowing it.

Namaskar

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 06, 2015, 05:13:42 PM »
Thank you very much for sending this on Bhagan's birth day.                                         

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 08, 2015, 09:48:29 PM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 13, 2015, 08:42:37 AM »
THE WHEEL OF LIFE

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 14, 2015, 04:16:28 PM »