Author Topic: Rough Notebook-Open Forum  (Read 313691 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Rough Notebook-Open Forum
« Reply #1065 on: August 17, 2014, 07:25:19 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi

Happy to know that u had a spiritually refreshing trip to Thiruvanamalai and Bhagavan Ramana Shrine and took part in the Sat evening Tamil Parayana ( my favorite  Bhagavan Chant ) and also the morning Veda Parayana of Taittriya Upansihad ( again my favorite Vedic Chant ) .Reading your post took me back to the many  times I visited Thiruvanamalai ( I have lost count how many times I visited )  from 1999-2009 .
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:27:13 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 17, 2014, 07:45:50 PM »
Dear Sri ravi,

Happy to read about your arunachalam trip and brought back my one-and only trip to arunacham in 2009.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 17, 2014, 11:10:10 PM »
Subramanian/Atmavichar/prashant/Friends,
Just back from sri Ramakrishna mutt,Chennai where Janmashtami celebrations(Lord Sri Krishna's birth day)was celebrated with special Bhajans and arati to Lord Sri Krishna-absolutely magical.We were alos treated to good food as prasad-Yesterday afternoon it was Sri bhagavan who treated us to sumptuos food at Sri ramanasramam(11:30 hrs)and today it is Sri Ramakrishna(Sri Krishna)who treated us to Bhajan and bhojan!(For Bengalis both are pronounced almost alike!).There is a saying in Tamizh-துப்புக்கெட்டவனுக்கு இரட்டைப்பங்கு-the one who is not worthy gets twice the share!So that is it.
Morning we were recollecting how Sri Bhagavan made his way to Tiruvannamalai after being treated to good food and sweets at the house of a Bhagavathar!My wife and son had accompanied me and this trip.Right through the journey(my car)and all through it was only Sri Bhagavan -We kept on recounting all the wonderful stories of Bhagavan,and his samadrishti.The very peacocks,monkeys,dogs even now feel completely at home here-during yesterday's evening parayana a dog came in close to where the men and women were seated,and after walking here and there left the Samadhi hall.All are Sri Bhagavan's children as much as any one of us.
As my son is going abroad,we were all very keen that he carries bhagavan wherever he goes!This is exactly what Sri kannan at the office told him when we requested that we are keen that we have lunch in the hall where sri Bhagavan used to sit amidst devotees to partake Lunch.We reached Ramanasramam at 13:45 hrs on friday,and went to the office with this request.Kannan said that since we are staying in tiruvannamalai for the next few days,it would be better to have lunch instead of Dinner!The Lunch has sweet served along with a full course meal.He then said to our son-Yes,please carry Bhagavan with You wherever you go.We attended the evening parayana on friday and enjoyed the chanting of the wonderful akshara mana malai-the live chant (without minke)has a vibrancy that is hard to capture in recordings.
On saturday morning ,we had planned to meet david Godman at 10:00 hrs opposite the asram office.We waited till 11:20 hrs and david did not turn up and as we have to be in the queue for the asramam Luch,we proceeded there and I had the opportunity to show my son the very place where Sri bhagavan sat and had his meals with the devotees.
I sent a mail to david asking whether we could meet after the evening parayana on saturday(yesterday).David promptly responded saying that he would be attending the evening parayana and that we could meet after that.I have been introducing my son to the direct teaching of Sri Bhagavan over the last couple of years .He has a good grasp of the significance of pure awareness and what it means.
I tell him -just look within and tell me what your age is-is there any change in 'you' as you are-in the 'I am'.The "I am' is timeless and it is only the body that ages.
We thought it would be a good opportunity to present him with david Godman's compendium of Bhagavan's teachings-'Be as you are' and as we met david in the evening ,I requested David to autograph the book and present it to my son.We spent about 20 minutes chatting with david on Sri Bhagavan ,Annamalai swami .I also queried him on his forthcoming book on Maurice Frydman.David said that there are inconsistencies in the versions of stories that he had gathered from various sources and there are gaps as large as 10 years when there is absolutely nothing about the whereabouts of Frydman.David added that someone has come forward to take a film as if a character in the film is telling a story presenting the Life of Bhagavan,how he impacted westerners.This narrator character would be Maurice Frydman.In a film of its kind,the chronological order of events need not be maintained and the story telling can go backwards (flashback)or Fast forward-and cover Maurice Frydman without bothering about chronological sequence which a biography(Book)would demand and which as things stand presently,there are huge gaps.Hope that someday this project gets initiated and made available to devotee/viewers all over the world.
We had to cut short our talk with David as the skies were threatening with flashes of Lightning and the winds had started gathering momentum.We told david that we had planned to do giri pradakshina on friday Night but severe rains made us change our plan to saturday Night.Now on saturday Night ,we had a very similiar situation,with the clouds threatening a Heavy downpour.In fact the reason that david could not meet us as scheduled is that somwewhere near his home,Something had fallen cutting him off and it had taken time to clear the road block.Now on saturday night we had a 'Must do' situation for giri valam.We were contemplating buying an extra umbrella(we already had two) and making it come what may.I was not thinking twice about my son but my wife after her uterus was removed a few years back was vulnerable and I was not sure whether she could at all make it even in the best of conditions.Now she was quite firm that we have to go and that is it!David suggested that we can get the mobile number of any auto driver and plan to have him pick us up if ever there was a need.we thought it a good idea.After seeing off David,We just went to the shop opposite and bought an umbrella.As we came out of the shop,the rain had started.We went and had some light tiffin at the small canteen in seshadri swami's ashram.Quickly finishing this light supper,we were on our way -As suggested by david,We approached an auto driver and he graciously gave his mobile number and offered to pick us anywhere any time we needed his help.I intuitively felt that such an eventuality would not arise.It was raining quite heavily and we just carried on and it continued till we took a turn to the right (The Road leading to Krishnagiri).The rain stopped and again picked up strength but our umbrellas were more than adequate.We just proceeded slowly and steadily.Every step was exactly like its predecessor and soon it did not matter where we were.The only focus was that we have arunachala keeping us company.There was no thought of 'the Finish Line'.This thought came in only during the last 3 kilometres when we entered the Town and our legs started complaining.I have to give full credit to my wife for her strong determination amidst odds-and sure enough the Grace of Sri Bhagavan was there to provide the needed stamina and encouragement all along.We enjoyed watching the changing face of glorious arunachala as we travelled around-Only when we entered the town with buildings that we felt that we had entered a different territory.
We reached the Guest house at Seshadri swami's asramam at 00:15 hrs and laid ourselves to rest.

continued....

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 18, 2014, 01:19:17 AM »
thanks sir for the detailed description of your arunachala trip sir.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 18, 2014, 08:54:49 AM »
Subramanaian/prashant/Atmavichar/Friends,
Thanks very much.We may only be in a position to narrate the outer events.I have said that I had a rare encounter with a "Guru"(within quotes) during this trip.For convenience sake,we will call him "Guru X".I usually do not share anything deeply personal as a general rule and also by temperament I am not so inclined.Yet,I am breaking this practice here only to the extent that it would serve the purpose-as I feel that there is something instructive and educational in this encounter that may be of use to one and all.At the outset,I have to say that the persons that I am going to describe here are quite sincere and well meaning and undoubtedly have some inner experience that is quite genuine.So,I request readers to bear this in mind while going through this narration.

During this trip to Tiruvannamalai,I looked forward to seeing an old friend who was also a devotee of Sri Annamalai Swami and had moved with him intimately.He is now a disciple of Guru X.As soon as I reached Tiruvannamalai ,after fixing up our accommodation,I sent a SMS message to my good friend(Let us call him "Disciple Y" or simply "Y")asking him the place and time where we could meet.He replied back saying that "Guru X" is on his way to Tiruvannamalai and should be reaching there in another 10 minutes.He further added that they only maintain silence and carry on meditation in the place.I told him that I only need to see him and no conversation need to be there-since his "Guru X" happened to be there I looked forward to seeing both of them at a place and time convenient to both of them.I also told him about our meeting scheduled with David at 10:00 hrs on Saturday(16th).
At 23:00 hrs  on 15th ,"Y" SMSed me saying that his Guru has given time to meet at 11:00 hrs on 16th.I replied saying that at 11:30 hrs we were scheduled to take Lunch at Sri Ramanasramam and whether any other time would be suitable.He replied back saying that Guru X has kindly consented to meet us at 16:00 hrs.He also sent me the address of the place on Chengam road.
We took an aut Rickshaw and reached that place in about 30 minutes.Our friend was there at the door to receive us .There was a small dog,quite affable and he rubbed his body against my legs .As my friend took us upstairs,the good dog accompanied us."This Dog does meditation along with other Sadhakas"-explained our friend.As we entered the room upstairs,We saw someone (perhaps an inmate) and after he left the room shortly we found that he has lighted some incense sticks before he left.On the walls of the Room there were Huge pictures of Sri Ramakrishna ,Sri Rajneesh and Sri Bhagavan.
The room had simple mats spread on the floor.It had a cot with a small pillow like thing propped up against the wall (along the length of the room) and a chair decorated with a cloth.Just over the top of the cot,a small photograph of Sri annamalai swami was there and on the wall opposite a small photograpf of Sadhu OM.Our friend asked us to sit and we sat near the wall opposite the cot and awaited the coming of Guru "X",as our friend went downstairs to call him.
We did not have to wait long .A man ,dark complexioned ,well built and with a square face entered the room accompanied by our friend.He greeted us with palms folded in salutation and we reciprocated.Guru "X" took up his position on the cot and immediately closed his eyes as if in meditation.After sometime he opened his eyes and beckoned us to sit near him ,near the cot.We just moved close and our friend also took up his position on the mat along with us.
Guru "X" started the conversation.We will simply call him "X" from now on:

X:There is no such a thing called Time.In the external world there is time and people are running after Time.You asked us for "Time Schedule" and I have told you "16:00 hrs" on account of that.This is a problem for me -for instance this body(he pointed out to his body)has taken food just 10 minutes back and we are here soon after that.
You must have kept the Auto waiting and your thoughts will be on that rather here-it would be at the back of your mind and prevent your full attention.

We had called our friend before hand so as not to inconvenience him amidst his schedule.This is the reason that i did not even call him on his mobile but only sent an SMS so that he can see and respond to it as per his convenience.

R: we do not have such a problem in as much as we have told the auto driver before hand that he has to wait.We are going to pay him as per the time spent there in waiting.

X:Even if you have done that,the Auto person will be restless waiting outside indefinitely and his 'Thought' can affect you.

I preferred not to respond to this and kept silent.

X(again closing his eyes for sometime and then opening it):I do not ask about your external life.I only talk about spiritual Life.People here are into it only.We do not talk about anything else.

I just kept silent but my son A became defiant and started playing the Devil's advocate as I could sense from the questions he asked!

A:Why do you have to do it?You need to give only what people need.Why should people need this so called spiritual Realization?Why is this required?

X:You are asking this question because you do not know what is it that you are missing.This is the way of the world.Everyone out there is pursuing his own objectives and furthering his self interest-and towards this he does not even hesitate to take another's life.
He described the ways of worldly people
Everyone wants happiness but they are seeking it in their own way.They do not realize how to get it.They need to be taught where to seek.A Guru is required for this.

X then pointed out to our friend sitting on the floor and said that he is one such disciple.

X(looking at A):So you need to decide whether you wish to continue in your way or look for a Guru to show you the way.

continued....

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 18, 2014, 09:19:35 AM »
Dear Sri Ravi

Interesting conversation with Guru X .Waiting for the next episode  :)
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 18, 2014, 11:06:26 AM »
Atmavichar(Krishna),
Thanks.It may have to wait until evening perhaps.I will just add this bit so as to keep it going.

The moment A heard the question from "X" he shot out:

A:You talk about Guru and Disciple.Are you realized?How do you know that you have realized?

A 's tone was challenging ,almost confrontational.

Rest later in the evening when I find time. :)

Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 18, 2014, 11:55:43 AM »
:D

yes, nice and interesting, Sri Ravi, and your lack of time to post the same until you find time, makes it even more thrilling!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 18, 2014, 05:35:35 PM »
CONVERSATIONS WITH ANNAMALAI SWAMI ON FATE AND FREEWILL

Question:

Ramana Maharshi once remarked that free will is non-existent, that all our activities are predetermined and that our only real choice is either to identify with the body that is performing the actions or with the underlying Self in which the body appears.

Someone once said to him: ?If I drop this fan, will that be an act that has always been destined to happen in this moment??
And Bhagavan replied, ?It will be a predestined act?.

I assume that these predestined acts are all ordained by God, and that as a consequence, nothing happens that is not God?s will, because we, as individuals, have no power to deviate from God?s ordained script.
A question arises out of this.
If I remember the Self, is this God?s will?
And if I forget to remember at a certain moment, is this also God?s will?
Or, taking my own case, if I make an effort to listen to the sound ?I-I, is this God?s will, or is it individual effort?

Annamalai Swami:

Forgetfulness of the Self happens because of non-enquiry.
So I say, ?Remove the forgetfulness through enquiry?.
Forgetfulness or non-forgetfulness is not a part of your destiny.
It is something you can choose from moment to moment.

That is what Bhagavan said.
He said that you have the freedom either to identify with the body and its activities, and in doing so forget the Self, or you can identify with the Self and have the understanding that the body is performing its predestined activities, animated and sustained by the power of the Self.

If you have an oil lamp and you forget to put oil in it, the light goes out.
It was your forgetfulness and your lack of vigilance that caused the light to go out. Your thoughts were elsewhere. They were not on tending the lamp.

In every moment you only have one real choice:
to be aware of the Self or to identify with the body and the mind.
If you choose the latter course, don?t blame God or God?s will, or predestination. God did not make you forget the Self.
You yourself are making that choice every second of your life.

Final Talks
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:23:28 PM by atmavichar100 »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 18, 2014, 09:14:56 PM »
Guru "X" an encounter continued....

A:You talk about Guru and Disciple.Are you realized?How do you know that you have realized?

A 's tone was challenging ,almost confrontational.

X:Yes,I have realized who I am-that I am not the body,not the mind but something that is fundamental and  ever there.Its very nature is happiness.I can make others aware of it as well.

The person who we saw first when we entered the room now came into the hall from the farther room."X" asked him to go down.He then turned to us and asked whether we would have "Sukku coffee"(a decoction of sweetened dried ginger.He said that in anticipation of our arrival the same has been ordered.as the 'disciple' was going down ,he asked him to remind the maid to get the coffee.

Meantime the dog which had gone down came upstairs and was clawing the door begging to be let in.X asked that the dog be let in and our friend opened the door.The dog tried to climb onto the cot to be near X.After a little teasing X lifted the dog onto the cot and it soon lay snugly beside him.

X:This dog has the experience but not the knowledge.It does not know what it experiences and as such the experience is of no use to it presently.It also behaves like a child does when it sees the mother talking to others-the child seeks attention and rests content only when the mother lifts it and keeps it near her.

X then went back to the subject.You saw this person who went down.He is an engineer working for BSNL Bangalore.He hails from Kerala and is highly learned in spiritual literature.He also came here like you are doing now.He is now my disciple.I have this one condition-I will clearly facilitate one who is interested to have a direct experience of who he is.

He then turned to A and said:You are not what you take yourself to be.You think of yourself as a person ,with a name ,with a gender,etc.All this is all unreal.Suppose you had been brought up away from civilization and been told that you are a girl,you would have taken yourself as a girl.All this is assumed and you have come to think yourself as 'this' or 'that'.The Real you is totally different and this is what I can give you a glimpse.I have one condition-after having the glimpse  and when you know yourself first hand,you should be prepared to become a disciple under my guidance.The Engineer from Bangalore was made to experience his true Nature-I can pinch your body and show that you are not it.Now this person went back to Bangalore and after 2 months decided to become my disciple.I give this time to decide-you can have this experience and then you need not accept me immediately.You can take your time to decide.you can choose to tick me off.But if you do choose to follow my guidance,you have to become my disciple and stick to my guidance.
The engineer from bangalore is quite a 'thinking' type of a person.He took 2 months to decide before accepting my offer.I told him that he has to pack off and send me all the spiritual books that he ever had immediately to my home.The books numbered nearly 3000(Three thousand)and they came in cartons and occupied my home which was overflowing!.He has been asked to devote 4 hours for practise-2 hours before going to office and 2 hours after office hours everyday.He is diligently following it without a break.During the weekends,he comes here and stays here.He hails from Kerala and Keralites do not yield easily without total conviction.So you may think for yourself-whether you wish to have this experience,think about it.

continued.....

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 19, 2014, 12:03:29 AM »
Guru "X"-an encounter continued....

X then turned his attention on R.

X:just how and when did you turn to spiritual life?

R began to say that it all started when he was in college,how his grandpa had paved the way for it,how he had foreseen the shape of things to come,about the books that he read in college-He quickly came to the point as to how he came to meet Sri Annamalai swami and also came to know the Friend sitting next to him.As he recalled his days with the Swami and started discussing the utterly simple person that the swami was-he found the going tough,overwhelmed as he was by a tidal wave of feeling that was threatening to break loose much as he struggled to hold things in check.He usually has things well wrapped up and would present a matter of fact story but the stark contrast between the atmosphere that prevailed in the hall where this conversation took place and the open sky like ambiance that prevailed in the Swami's simple dwelling-made things too difficult for him to maintain a casual facade.His whole body trembled and the breath was coming out in gasps as he continued haltingly.

R:Swami was a wonderful person.....................(pause)........so utterly simple.......................(long pause)................There was nothing like a Master and disciple relationship..........(Long pause)..................In the swami's eyes ,we were friends and equals....................(Long pause).

X listened to all this in a matter of fact way,yet listen he did.

X:Do not hold back yourself.Let it come out.

R:...........(Silence)

R could listen a few stifled sighs from his friend behind.

R:I just walked into the swami's ashram without any prior intimation and how he always welcomed me -how he used to bring the mat from the inner room and spread it out for me to sit................(silence)

R(looking X straight in the eye):(Referring to the halting speech and pauses):Do not think that this is weakness!This is not weakness.

X nods.

R:Swami always gave the utmost freedom and respect to one and all.During one of my visits,the Friend (Y seated next to me)was not there.Swami said that he had been to a political meeting and would be returning shortly.

X(this was a piece of news to him that he did not know earlier about Y).X looked askance at Y

X:Would this have happened if X was there?See the difference!

Y meekly agreed.

R:yes,Swami was quite different.He allowed  seekers to grow at their own pace and never imposed himself on others.He allowed Y to visit other gurus and go anywhere.

X:Those days people were different and would not listen even if told.The people who met Ramana were only interested in composing verses and songs!(This took my breath away as I found that he was totally ignorant-not just this.Whenever he talked about events and people in the world ,he exhibited a phenomenal ignorance of people).That is why Ramana and Annamalai swami just kept quiet and preferred to let things be.The situation now is different.Now people are willing to listen.So I can adopt a different approach.You would have read Sri Ramakrisna's saying  about the three types of Gurus -How the mediocre guru only gives advice and does not bother to followup whether it is carried out;how the middle class Guru gives spiritual advice and also follows up with the disciple;how the guru of the Highest class forces it on the disciple if he finds the disciple recalcitrant and unreceptive.

X wanted me to understand that he belongs to this superior class.

R:I differ from you.For both Bhagavan and Annamalai swami,there simply were no 'Others' to control.They never called themselves as Gurus and as such did not look upon 'others' as disciples.They just gave the utmost freedom to the seekers to develop freely.It was like Kite flying.Just like a kite when it tends to go down,a little extra rope is given until it tends to come full circle and as it straightens,the extra rope is pulled back to regain the lost height.As the kite gains in height ,it remains free from the buffeting of the wind below,it becomes steady.This is how these great ones allowed the seekers to gain mastery over themselves and facilitated them with unobtrusive encouragement and support.They never sat on a high pedestal as 'Gurus'.

X just listened without responding.

R:ஒன்றாகக்காண்பதுவே காட்சி
புலன் ஐந்தும் வென்றானது வீரமே வீரம்(R quoted this avvaiyar verse)
Only that is vision which sees oneness
The valour  of one who has conquered the five senses alone is Heroism

R continued-Bhagavan and Annamalai Swami had this vision and valour.

R would not have spared Brahma,Vishnu and shiva ,all put together , had they  come in  support of X!

X now turned to A

continued....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:41:08 AM by Ravi.N »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 19, 2014, 07:03:36 AM »
.Now people are willing to listen.

The art of listening is the greatest of all arts and very rarely followed . It is a great spiritual quality and those who have this quality of listening can easily progress on the spiritual path . This quality is exhibited by the highly mature sadhaks .
There is another type of listening which is what I feel Guru X is referring i.e the slave listening to the master . It is not listening .It is just obeying the orders of the master . On the outer it seems to be a good quality but it is good only if the master is good .Most of the masters are very cunning and manipulative and use this obedience of the disciple ( he is nothing but a slave in this equation ) to manipulate and exploit him and throw him out once he become unproductive .I have myself seen many such people joining various spiritual organizations who expect highest obedience from the disciples only to be exploited and thrown out in the end after they have been exploited fully . One person described this phenomenon like extracting sugarcane juice from a sugarcane ( we can see this on the streets of Tamil Nadu ) . Once the sugracane is put inside the machine it is crushed and the juice extracted it is thrown out . The Machine ( here the Guru /Spiritual Organization ) remains the same but new and new sugarcane ( i.e new disciples ) keeps coming in to be crushed and thrown out once the juice is extracted .
I think here Guru X refers to the sugarcane type of disciple who is willing to be very obedient to be crushed and not like the disciples  of the ones we see in the Upanishads where the student moves away from the teacher after getting his doubts cleared and the teacher liberates him from his ignorance and does not make any demands on the student .Bhagavan Ramana was once such sage who did not make any demands on the people who came to him for advice and accepted them as they are .It is a different thing that the Ashram had some restrictions on people staying there I.e womem were not allowed to stay at nights , no non veg / liquor to be consumed etc etc )  and that is quite acceptable .

Anyway I have not met Guru X and I really do not know how he handles the people who come as disciples to him but based on what Sri Ravi has written so far I feel it is better to be safe from such people .

Sri Raviji kindly continue your conversations with Guru X . :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:06:06 AM by atmavichar100 »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 19, 2014, 07:10:08 AM »
Guru "X"-an encounter continued....

X(looking at A):The way you look at me and the way I look at you is very different.I am looking at who you are in reality.You are now young and this is the time that you need to set to work to know who you truly are.When you grow older,you will be set in so many ways and it would take a long struggle to get back.You also may not have time to devote.Others will set you time limits and you will be caught up in that.So,think about it.

X(turning to H):What do you practise?

H:Everyday morning I chant slokas and carry about my responsibilities with 100 percent attention.I listen to my husband whenever and whatever he shares and discuss spiritual living.I listen to talks on spiritual life.Above all I treat all people equally be it a domestic help,or a milk vendor or whoever.I do understand that there are deeper things that need attention but right now I have to carry on my duties which occupy most of my time.

X:What you are doing is Okay but it is not a Direct way.It does not make you see who you are in Truth.It helps to purify the mind and prepare it.

X now started telling about himself.

X:I am 41 now.I began my spiritual journey in 1993.I yearned to know the Truth.It became more and more intense through the nineties until I happen to meet a person who came into my life.He came specially for me.I realized the Truth.It was on 1st January 2003,10:10 hrs.I clearly perceived who I am and never had any doubts about it.
Somehow during the Gir pradakshina time ,a few people got the wind that I am different than the Rest -and they approached me to show the way.This happened in 2006 and since then,I have been helping small group of people by conducting spiritual practices in rented premises.It was then decided to have our own premises for this purpose and that is how this house came to be built.We do not call it an asram.we call it a Rest House-for this is a place where the mind is put to rest.Now I have disciples who are following my guidance and they come here to do sadhana.

R had been briefed by his friend regarding this  as follows:

X came to Arunachala, the land of gnana, for doing his B.E(Engineering) .  During his college days and then after  becoming lecturer in the same college, X was a regular visitor of Sri Ramanasramam , Sri Annamalai Swamy Ashramam, Sri Sadhu Om Samadhi and Yogi Ram Suratkumar Ashramam. He used to go to the deep forest  in the slope of Arunachala for practicing solitary meditation. Also, he participated in the various satsangs that took place at Annamalai swamy Ashram at that time.

Due to his past life sadhanas and maturity, on many occasions, no-mind samadhi states were happening in his  meditations in the deep Arunachala forest. But Sahaja Samadhi state did not happen. For attaining Sahaja state,  he continued his meditation in solitude with great earnestness and boundless yearning . Often he was coming to Annamalai Swamy's Samadhi shrine also for meditation.

Sri Bhagavan Ramana's Self enquiry path and Sri Sadhu Om's book 'Path of Ramana'  helped X's sadhana very much.

When he was continuing his sadhana in this way, in 2003, he met one Brahma gnani called Karl Renz(Karlji) by divine grace in Arunachala. In Karlji's Satsang, on the first meeting day itself X entered into Nirvikalpa Samadhi. He attended Karlji's Satsang for one month and the Sahaja Samadhi experience became firm and steady.

R had had  this introduction and brief on the inner life of X.Now what X said touched upon this in a cursory fashion.

continued.....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:10:23 AM by Ravi.N »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 19, 2014, 07:14:36 AM »
Sri Raviji

Just a question who is "H" here ?

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 19, 2014, 07:19:18 AM »
Atmavichar(krishna):

Just a question who is "H" here ?

H is R's wife.A is their son.

Namaskar