Author Topic: Atmic Will  (Read 5227 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Atmic Will
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 08:53:24 PM »
Dear i,

your views are convincing, yes, as a matter of fact, yes, we can cook, infact, i do cook some days occasionally, and yes, at some point, we have to decide whether it is our spirituality that counts or our rapport at office. i absolutely agree, here is the real test of atma balam. certain obvious things have to be avoided at any cost, no amount of reasons hold a good excuse for these.

where there is a will, there is a way. we just have to will for it, and God blesses us with ways.

Thanks to you both, your views are much valuable.

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 10:10:26 PM »
Nagaraj/friends,
I truly appreciate the earnestness of seekers here;it is indeed wonderful that despite the complexities of modern day Living,you are applying yourself diligently to spiritual Living and exploring ways to be true to this calling.You are indeed blessed.

Namaskar.

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 12:21:16 AM »
Nagarajji, Friends,

I deeply regret not having met Swami Chinmayananda even though I grew up in Madras. But my spiritual journey started in earnest with Chinmaya mission. I am very greatful to him for establishing the mission centers in the US and making vedanta/spirituality accessible to many. He definitely has made a transformation in my family and a lot of other families. Spirituality used to mean rituals and going to the temple before, now its a constant part of our daily lives filled with Sharanagati, Satsangha, Shravanam, Mananam - its a true blessing! Of course my young son doesn't always see it my way :( but he does admit that the prayers help him a lot.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 06:54:47 AM »

Of course my young son doesn't always see it my way  but he does admit that the prayers help him a lot.

Lathaji - Swami Chinmaya used to tell a humour regarding this when children question about going to temple. He used to say :"Children argue these days. Why go to temple? God is everywhere. I will sleep in my bed till 7AM and pray there only :) etc. To them I would like to ask, why millk a cow in udder? Milk is inside anyway, it can come out anyway. So from tomorrow I will not milk the udder. I will only milk the ears of the cow. If milk is there inside a cow, it must come out anyways :)" And he laughs his hearty laugh.

Peace
Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 08:13:01 AM »
Sanjayji,

I can picture him laughing :) Its funny and makes a lot of sense too. I will share this with my son.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 08:44:37 AM »
One more chinmaya story for the day :)

Swamiji used to say : "These days you believe without verifying even if I tell you the most complex rule that electrons and protons revolve around a neutron in atom, you trust me instantly without ever questioning. You dont even want to see it inside an atom. You believe me in that instant, though you have never seen it or experienced it. But if I tell you a much more simpler rule that every law must have a law maker and so a world guided by such strict laws must have a law maker - you start questioning me. Why is it so easy to trust something you have never seen or experienced like electrons moving around a neutron and so hard to trust a common sensical rule that every law must have a law maker? This funny nature of you never ceases to amaze me"

-Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 09:29:16 AM »
Dear i,

:) yes, Swami Vivekananda and Swami Chinmyananda are generally every child's companion (a must)

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 09:43:41 AM »
Dear Nagaraj Garu

I truly wish it be so :) - as in the world I see around it is very rare I see children even knowing these names :)

Peace
Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 09:45:02 AM »
I truly appreciate the earnestness of seekers here;it is indeed wonderful that despite the complexities of modern day Living,you are applying yourself diligently to spiritual Living and exploring ways to be true to this calling.You are indeed blessed.

Dear i,

it is truly encouraging to hear such words from you. The presence of Subramanian Sir, Sri Anil, Ramanaduliji, yourself, and others, does make this forum a really good and truly raise the standard of spirit of Sadhana, and, also at times, play the role of conscious-keepers as well! Thanks to you all :) Gratitude from one and all to one and all

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 09:46:57 AM »
And thanks also to Sri Graham in ensuring this place is kept sacred with all the right people only - very important job.

-Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2012, 09:51:44 AM »
I truly wish it be so :) - as in the world I see around it is very rare I see children even knowing these names :)

Dear i,

yes, lets pray and hope for the best. We can make a difference here Dear i, :) in my last visit to RK Math, i got those comic books, stort stories, etc. and distributed to my young cousings and nephews. And, i always suggest to my family, whenever they attend any Upanayanam function, instead of giving money, give some comic books, such as Amar Chitra Katha books, etc.. that is the true spirit, what is the use of money for a Brahmachari?

i do not intend to put myself on glare what i am doing, but, unfortunately, if i don't share, what brings me happiness, i can never spread the word, because of this, somebody else might get inspired, and some child somewhere can also get benefited, hence, i strongly have begin to feel, that we ought to share with each other our good stories :)

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 09:57:12 AM »
Nagaraj garu - Very true. I agree with you 100%. Not to bring to glare, but I consider this forum as a group of my family, friends and spiritual guides and if such ideas are not shared, it is worthless. Thank you again for this great suggestion.

Also I love the "correction"  and "guidance" I get here. I got a great advice from Ravi sir once that we should pay heed to stories spread by any and all  and go only by authentic books. That really helped me narrow down what I read indeed. Now I have much less a collection of readings that a lot by many.

Thanks for all the great guidance. And that is why we are here for - learn you many masters in this forum.

Peace
Sanjay.
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 10:30:07 AM »
And thanks also to Sri Graham in ensuring this place is kept sacred with all the right people only - very important job.

yes, truly so! i felt, it would be good, Sri Graham, if you could also contribute occasionally, if not regularly :)

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta