Author Topic: Letting Go  (Read 2229 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Letting Go
« on: March 27, 2012, 01:43:16 PM »
Two traveling monks reached a river where they met a young woman. Wary of the current, she asked if they could carry her across. One of the monks hesitated, but the other quickly picked her up onto his shoulders, transported her across the water, and put her down on the other bank. She thanked him and departed.

As the monks continued on their way, the one was brooding and preoccupied. Unable to hold his silence, he spoke out.

“Brother, our spiritual training teaches us to avoid any contact with women, but you picked that one up on your shoulders and carried her!”

“Brother,” the second monk replied, “I set her down on the other side, while you are still carrying her.”

(Zen Story)

Salutation to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
Re: Letting Go
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
how many are still carrying the story of themselves ? ...... lol
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 10:20:30 PM »
how many are still carrying the story of themselves ? ...... lol

Dear Beloved Abstract,

Forgive me for pointing out, but, I am sure you would take in the right spirit  :) you don't laugh at others like that.

"Ignorance laughs at others. Wisdom laughs at itself."

We are all here with the only intention to elevate ourselves by wisdom. Words of encouragement and goodness always brings joy to oneself.

ॐ सहनाभवतु। सह नौ भुनक्तु। सह वीर्यं करवावहै । तेजस्विनावधीतमस्तु मा विद्विषावहै॥ ॐ शांति : शांतिः शांति :।

Om Sahana Bhavatu, Sahanao Bhunaktu Sahaveeryam Karvaa vahaiTejaswee Naava Dheeta Mastu Ma Vidvishaa vahai
 Om Shanti Shanti Shanti

May He protect both of us. May He nourish both of us. May we both acquire the capacity(to study and understand the scriptures). May our study be brilliant. May we not arguewith each other. Om peace, peace, peace.

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:50:41 PM »
i laugh at the cosmic joke ... do you not see it ?

i joyously encourage and support you in seeing me as yourself   :)

words are wonderful , but remember that words are a part of stories , and stories are the minds way to avoid the truth of silence ... not that theres anything wrong with that , some of my best friends avoid truth  ... lol
truth includes everything ... even the avoidance of truth ... the cosmic joke ... ha ha   :)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:31:18 PM by Beloved Abstract »
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it