Author Topic: Arunachala Siva and Om namo Bhagavate Sri ramanaya as a purification mantra  (Read 4180 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Dear friends,
I realise  that while we out of devotion discuss among other things , Arunachala , it (Arunachala ) being one of the most sublime and purest aspects of the divine , unless our minds are pure, such discussions do not have a sound platform.
In this context , I want to enlist member's opinion on the efficacy of Arunachala Siva and Om namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya as  purification mantras.
Some of us    use above mantras to get peace of  mind.Additionally I feel with  other sadhanas, these mantras could also be used to slowly remove the impurities of the mind.
regards,
Anand.
Sundaram Anand

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Anand,

Yes. Any one or both mantras can be of great use. Arunachala Siva was initiated by Sri Bhagavan Himself. Om Namo
Bhagavate Sri Ramanya Namah | was given to some devotee by writing it Himself. Both are quite suitable.

Arunachala Siva.   

ksksat27

• View Profile
Dear friends,
I realise  that while we out of devotion discuss among other things , Arunachala , it (Arunachala ) being one of the most sublime and purest aspects of the divine , unless our minds are pure, such discussions do not have a sound platform.
In this context , I want to enlist member's opinion on the efficacy of Arunachala Siva and Om namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya as  purification mantras.
Some of us    use above mantras to get peace of  mind.Additionally I feel with  other sadhanas, these mantras could also be used to slowly remove the impurities of the mind.
regards,
Anand.

Dear Anand

The trick with any mantra japa lies in persistency alone.  Even you can repeat mechanically without any interest or feeling bored,  but never stop the japa whenever you get free time.  The result will be readily visible.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Dear i,

yes, what you have said is really very pertinent! One has to keep doing it, even if it may be just mechanical. infact, in south india, if we see, some older people even utter Muruga, Narayana, shiva shiva, when they yawn as well :D even when they sigh!

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Nagaraj, Anand Sundaram, sanjaya_ganesh and others,

Muruganar has said in his Tiruchuzhiyal Padigam, in Sri Ramana Sannidhi MuRai:

Nathane, unai nAn maRakkinum na chollum undhan nAmame!

O Lord, even if I forget you, my tongue shall utter your name!

Sri Bhagavan has also said, Name is a powerful tool to seek God.

Arunachala Siva.