Author Topic: I am frightened of Arunachala due to its power but love Him- what should I do?  (Read 3537 times)

Kicsi108

• View Profile
Namaste To Everyone,

I am writing this to seek for practical pieces of advice on how to solve this all?
I was in Tiruvannamalai last February for a few days. I did pradakshina two times and visited the Ramanasramam daily. It was really hard to leave the place and yet now I have ambivalent feelings deep inside. Though I long to go back some day (not in the near future) I feel that the power/ fire of Arunachala is too much for me to bear being right there again. I am frightened to go back. That power is too much for me right there - why do I feel this? What is it at all?

How could I use / turn this fear for spiritual benefit? I know for sure, I am unable to go back now but I have love for Ramana and Arunachala from this physical distance still.

Has anyone else experienced this or similar to this? I am at lost now...

Arunachala Shiva,

Lisa

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Dear Kicsi108,

Things will take their own shape. Allow things to happen as they occur. just be. Without any attempt!

Do not worry about your spiritual benefits or worry about your practial benefit.

Just wait, Just be! What else can you?

Do not analyse, how you could use or turn what ever is happening for spiritual benefit. just remember His will prevails. See what happens by allowing them, moment by moment.

Patience, patience, remain patient. wait. Meanwhile, keep going antharmukham, diving within!

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Kicksi,

Why should you be afraid of Arunachala? Sri Arunachala Mahatmyam clearly says: "For the righteous people, this is the only place;
for unrighteous who wants to do harm to others, it will be like fire that would burn them."

Since you should be righteous only, why do you fear Arunachala?  Think of the Hill as Mother. A  Mother never causes fear to
a child, even if a child has made a mistake. She advises the child to be okay at least in future.  Arunachala is Mother of all Mothers.
Hence meditate on Arunachala as Mother and you fear will go away.

Arunachala Siva.   

Kicsi108

• View Profile
Thank You for your answers.
Can I ask what you exactly mean by "meditate on Arunachala as Mother"? Does it mean I do japa of the Arunachala Shiva Mantra, look at pictures of Arunachala and Ramana and read/study Ramana's teaching even more? Because I know something needs to be done for I feel stucked now.

Another question is a bit different but relevan.
Why do some people refer to Arunachala as "Mother of mothers" while referring to Arunachala as "Arunachala is Shiva" or "It" or "He"?
I am also interested in this part. Thank you for your kind reply and patience. :)

Arunachala Shiva,

Lisa

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Kicsi,

By meditating Arunachala as Mother is nothing but meditating on the Hill as your mother.  If it is difficult you can meditate the form
of your mother as embedded in Arunachala. Sri Bhagavan called Arunachala as Ammai and Appa - i.e. Mother and Father.

A bilogical mother gives you only food, bathes you, if it is a girl-child, she is interested in conducting her marriage after education.
But Arunachala confers Liberation, which no one excepting a Guru or Arunachala or God can do.  Hence he is Mother of all Mothers.

Sri Sankara used to call Vedas as more than "ten thousand mothers". What Sri Sankara says for Vedas can hold good for Arunachala
also, because Arunachala is the purport of Tatvamasi, the Vedic truth, as indicated by Sri Bhagavan, in His Verse 2 of Sri
Arunachala Nava Mani Malai.

Arunachala Siva.     

Sreeswaroop

• View Profile
Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya!

Further, Siva includes Sakthi and vice versa. HE is in SHE and SHE includes HE. There is no male-female differentiation for the supreme truth, it is one and only one.