Author Topic: always want so much chillness -- please advice  (Read 3212 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
always want so much chillness -- please advice
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:44:14 AM »
Dear Devotees,

For past 7 years,  I have been experiencing this problem:

I always feel so much heat around me,  that I always want to be in air conditioned environment in office and while travelling.

Especially at work place,  if AC is not working properly , I get so irritated.

Either I want windows to be opened or full chillness inside (22 degree minimum)

Even in AC buses and trains,  I require this temperature and if they dont put AC,  so much anger,  confusion,  heat starts in the brain.

I live in Bangalore and once I was in Chennai for one year due to job.  But simply because of the excessive heat and sweating,  I again got another job in Bangalorere and came back.

And off late,  after I was doing my sadhana with japa,  this situation is not improved and I require the AC in the same measure.

Sometimes I artifically try to suppress my body and mind's feelings and it comes out later .  I also get anger when put in a closed environment without enough chillness.
But I cannot ask for a fan in office.  Can anyone guide me on what it could be?

But I dont feel this problem in open atmosphere or when fan is there.  I dont face this problem,  when I walk in scorching heat or stand in a big queue in arunachelshwarar temple.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: always want so much chillness -- please advice
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:23:50 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

i have a simple advice, just stop judging yourself   :)

allow yourself, some space, as you are!

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
Dear Krishna ,
I dont know what advice will be useful since it could be particular to your constitution.Why don't you try wearing a Spadika MAla?
Regards,
Anand.
Sundaram Anand

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 07:16:15 AM »
Hi Anand,

From my 17th teen age,  I have this problem.  Mind will be very very active and restless,  so much heat,  so much emotions and dissatisfaction with my current state,  so much anxiety , worries,  one side desires,  other side strong liking for a spiritual life,  one side full of love and devotion,  other side full of anger and lust,  all these have been going concurrently within this body.

I think all this had an effect on this body -- body always feels so much heat and head especially still more.  Initially I did not really diagnose this problem,   I thought I am very much attached to this body and ego.

But nowadays after sadhana,  I found out that there is something essentially wrong.

Interestingly,  when I go to very cold places like Shimla or Kuulu ,  Manali,  I feel very much at home,  I feel perfectly normal while other people who came for the tour felt very much cold.

Is their any other beads I can think of wearing?  What about any herbal oil or medicine?

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 09:25:26 AM »
May be you could have bath twice a day, use sandal paste, drink lot of water. Stick to your Sadhana, divert your mind to your sadhana whenever you seem to get carried away by agitations of mind. Don't worry much about body, keep reminding that I am not body, and divert the same energies to your sadhana. Transcend your body consciousness by focusing on your sadhana.

salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 03:39:17 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

1. Drink a lot of potable gold water. But don't take ice creams and colas. The latter will cause some other problems.

2. Wear spatika mala (genuine) one which gives coolness to the body though it is hot outside.

3. Put up with heat and hot climate if it cannot be helped. This is one way of removing the body consciousness.

I also live in Bangalore.  But once in a way a visit to T'malai or Chennai does not give me much botheration.

Arunachala Siva.

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 08:59:41 PM »
Dear Krishna,
Contrary to you I am alergic to sleeping in ac and I am prone to catching cold.I have been advised never to wear a Spadika Mala.
Since your symptoms seem contradictory to mine and there is generally heat in your body , like Subramanian Sir said wearing a genuine Spadika Mala should help.
Regards,
Anand.
Sundaram Anand