Author Topic: Rama Maharshi practice centre in Bangalore?  (Read 1622 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Rama Maharshi practice centre in Bangalore?
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:32:56 PM »
Seems Delhi, Hyedarabad has got Ramana Kendras where in weekends devotees gather a lot.

Unfortunately,  in Bangalore,  I searched to the best of my efforts and the only centres are RMCL and the other one in Mekhri circle but both dont have any weekend Bhagvan related re-treats like Ribhu Gita chanting,  Tamil Parayana or fixed silent meditation.

I feel in Bangalore devotees must come forward and open a centre in the heart of the city.

In Madras,  enormouse places should be there I believe -- the one I know is in Abhirama Puram where someone has donated his house for Ramana's activities.

So bottom line is nowadays in Saturdays I visist Ramakarishna math at Basavangudi,  because I find peace in such satsangs and one is not available yet for our beloved Bhagavan Ramana Maharishee's devotees exclusively in Bangalore -- main city.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Rama Maharshi practice centre in Bangalore?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 10:28:02 AM »
Seems Delhi, Hyedarabad has got Ramana Kendras where in weekends devotees gather a lot.

Unfortunately,  in Bangalore,  I searched to the best of my efforts and the only centres are RMCL and the other one in Mekhri circle but both dont have any weekend Bhagvan related re-treats like Ribhu Gita chanting,  Tamil Parayana or fixed silent meditation.

I feel in Bangalore devotees must come forward and open a centre in the heart of the city.

In Madras,  enormouse places should be there I believe -- the one I know is in Abhirama Puram where someone has donated his house for Ramana's activities.

So bottom line is nowadays in Saturdays I visist Ramakarishna math at Basavangudi,  because I find peace in such satsangs and one is not available yet for our beloved Bhagavan Ramana Maharishee's devotees exclusively in Bangalore -- main city.

Kskat27

Why do u wait for others to start ? Why dont u start ur own Ramana Satsang where ever you are .
Keep a picture of Ramana ,offer some flowers to it and either chant Arunachala Stuti Panchkam or Ramana Stuti Panchakam or play it on the MP3 Cd and listen to it .
Do not bother about numbers .If you are the only person present so be it .

Here Ramanashram has given the basic details about how to start a Ramana Satsang :
http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/ramanasatsang.html
What are Ramana satsang?

A Ramana satsang is a group of devotees of Sri Ramana Maharshi who gather together to strengthen their experience of the presence of Sri Ramana, deepen their understanding of his teachings and receive inspiration from fellow seekers on the path of practice as taught and lived by the Master. 

These meetings usually take place at devotees’ homes, on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis. A typical satsang program is as follows:
1.Reading of the Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi, from Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi, or some similar book.

2.satsang Recitations: Given below
3.Silent Meditation: this will vary from 15 minutes to an hour.
4.A reading of Reminiscences of the Maharshi, from books like Letters from Sri Ramanasramam, etc.

5.If parents bring their children to the satsang, the children are encouraged to sing a bhajan or song from the Ramana Bhaje Namam CD or from some other composition on or about Sri Ramana.

This concludes the satsang. Often arrangements for refreshments are made and then served to the devotees at this time.

Satsang recitations :
1. Aksharamanamalai
2. Ramana Sadguru   
3. Upadesa Saram
4. Arunachala Pancharatnam
5. Nakarmana

Note : They have given free audio downloads and PDF files of the above recitations so that u can download and make a copy .

So better start one on your own and let it grow slowly .Even if it does not grow in number so what , u are in communion with Bhagwan and that is more than enough .Try it and see the benefits for urself .

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Rama Maharshi practice centre in Bangalore?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 06:46:29 PM »
Dear Krishnan, atmavichar100,

There is in fact a Ramana Satsangh Center in Bangalore. But it is situated in northern most part of Bangalore, called Hebbal.
There is a nice building, with conference hall and small chambers for discussions etc., There is also a good library. But unfortunately,
because of its distance (say 10 kms from Central Bangalore and 20 kms from Southern Bangalore, many devotees are not able to
avail of this. Particularly when you don't have car but only use bus or autorickshaw.

Arunachala Siva.