Author Topic: Ribhu Gita in english  (Read 3138 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Ribhu Gita in english
« on: January 21, 2012, 06:46:24 PM »
Dear friends,
Bhagavan has recommended reading the Bhagavad Gita in no uncertain terms.Does reading the English version have an equal benefit for those who cannot read Sanskrit or Tamil?
Regards,
Anand
Sundaram Anand

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Ribhu Gita in english
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »

Dear Ananda Sundaram,

There is no problem, you can read English. There is a beautiful English version (in blank verses) by Dr. Ramamoorthy and
Mr. Nome.  This is based verse by verse the Tamizh original of Ulaganatha Swamigal.  I have seen many Western devotees
in Tiruvannamalai Asramam, reading this wonderful book.  As you know, the Self is beyond language.  This book titled
Song of Ribhu is available in Sri Ramanasramam. The price is Rs 200 plus courier charges.  A concessional price. In America
the same book is sold at US $ 25.00

Arunachala Siva.

arcsekar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »
Dear Anand Sundaram,

Reading English version of Gita  ,no doubt will bring benefits. If you want EQUAL BENEFIT,similar  to Sanskrit, no way. Because, Lord Krishna delivered  Gita in Sanskrit.and the words uttered by God is very holy and superior in potency. To derive equal benifit read the trasliteration of Girta
in the language known to you . Just 42 slokas selected by Bhagavan as Gita Charam will do.

After all, so many foreign devotees read the transliteration of Aksharamanamalai, and derive Full  Benefits. Emulate them and read Gita Charam sanskirt version in the method of trasliteration.

arcsekar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 01:54:27 PM »
Dear Anand Sundaram,
Title  to your  topic is Ribu Gita in English .In the contents, what is mentioned is Bhagavad Gita.Whatever you meant, my answers fits for both these divine works.

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 06:46:41 PM »
Dear Sir,
I actually meant Ribhu Gita both in title and in contents and Bhagavad Gita was mentioned inadventently . I am 42 and am a Tamilian  .However unfortunately ,  I cannot read Tamil fluently and Sanskrit I do not know though I am familiar with the Devnagari script.
I was just wondering that when Bhagavan said that reading Ribhu Gita is as good as samadhi, can this apply to the English version as well.
Thanks and regards,
Anand.
Sundaram Anand

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 07:19:17 PM »

Self is beyond language; Any language is fine for Self.  The only thing is that we should understand the meaning and read the
scripture.  No doubt Sanskrit is a deva bhasha, the language of the gods. But those who cannot read it, what else to do?   

Arunachala Siva.

arcsekar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 07:27:25 AM »
Dear Anand Sundaram,

Ribhu Gita by Dr. Ligeswara Rao published by the Ashram contains Sanskrit slokas with meaning in English. Read chapter 29 in that book as Parayana.This portion conforms to the Tamil Chapter recommended by Bhagavan.

Ask someone familiar with Sanskrit to read the slokas in that chapter , record it in audio,listen and eventually you will  learn to recite it without the aid of audio.Where there is a will there is a way.To attain the highest spiritual level-samadhi, doing such efforts are worthwhile.

I too was carried away by the recommendation of Bhagavan . Since I know Sanskrit, Iam reading the Sanskrit text of and on. Knowing your earnestness to follow Bhagavan,s specific instruction on this subject, I have suggested the above method.