Author Topic: Advice on day to day living  (Read 1236 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Advice on day to day living
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:38:11 PM »
dear friends,
From whatever I have read of the erstwhile Sankaracharya of KAnchi Sri Chandrasekhendra Sarwasawati Swamigal , I have found that his teachings are very good for practical existence and helpful in our day to interactions and can be expected to aid us in the path of self enquiry .
I am still trying to collect some books of it as a a part of this process.
Regards,
Anand . 
Sundaram Anand

ksksat27

• View Profile
Re: Advice on day to day living
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 01:48:29 PM »
Dear Anand,

I dont think for day to day life, if it is material mundane affairs,  he also stresses only on simple living and  not going after so many things.  So  with modern day IT field ,  if we turn to him for help on effective time management,   I think His holiness is no different than any other great gurus.  They will simply advise to reduce this much complexity,

I re-collect very vageuly somewhere in Deivathin Kural that he once mentioned that brahmins need not have this much life's complexity and keep on increasing luxuries of life.  He also somewhere in the same book, symphathized that once locked into,  these modern day business and job affairs are not that easy to overcome and to start back a life full of austerity is nearly very very difficult.

So please explain the context of what you mean by day to day practical existence --

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »
Dear Anand Sundaram,

Kanchi Chandrasekhara Saraswati, has said: Do your karma, without expecting fruits of karma. Do you devotion trusting that
nothing comes without God's will. These two practices help to attain purity of mind, chitta suddhi. With purity of mind, one can
do atma vichara. This is the conventional method or indirect path. What Sri Bhagavan said was a direct path. Self Inquiry itself
will, in course of time, confer you chitta suddhi and finally Realization.

Each one can adopt what is most suited for him.

Arunachala Siva. 

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 08:54:09 AM »
how many stories can you adopt before you realize they are only stories ?
paths are stories the mind tells.
ask yourself what is free of processes . and answer truthfully
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it