Author Topic: deleted.  (Read 3444 times)

srkudai

deleted.
« on: December 29, 2011, 01:31:20 PM »
deleted.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:05:49 AM by srkudai »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Where is the problem ?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 01:50:31 PM »
Dear srkudai,

Nice story.  There is a similar story where a particular thought is planted on a person and he becomes restless and loses
his whole life. Once a person went to a doctor for some chest pain.  The doctor (old Ayurveda doctor) told him: I shall give
you one guligai (tablet like preparation) and you should take it three times a day, without thinking about monkey!  The patient
could not jettison the thought about monkey and he could never take the kuligai.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 01:52:57 PM »
Dear srkudai,

A single thought also made Rama miserable.  Some dhobi told his wife: you had lived away from the house last night. You are
not chaste. Do not come to my house hereafter. I am not like Rama taking his wife back from another man's home for 10 months.
Someone over heard this and told Rama. Rama became miserable.  Thoughts are our worst enemy.

Arunachala  Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 03:14:34 PM »
Dear Udai,

That Ahalya became a stone is described in all other kinds of Ramayanas, especially in the Kamba Ramayana and Tulasi Ramayana. But it is just a poetic expression of the poet. Becoming a stone does not mean literally. It means Ahalya lost her glory and wisdom and discernments and discrimination and remained like a "jada" She had become a stone hearted and had lost all the virtues of a celebrated human being.

I too have seen so may say things about Ahalya, they say things without proper understanding and discerning the inner essence of the poets expression.

Such a stone hearted Ahalya needed the Sparsha Dheeksha of the soft hands of Sri Rama and his sweet and caressing words of Sri Rama. One of the names of Sri Rama in Sri Rama Ashtottara is "Mridu Bhashine" meaning "Soft Spoken"

Look at the story of Angulimaala who used to kill people and cut the persons thumb and had it as a garland as a testimony to his killing. He needed the soft words of Buddha to wake him up, He was a stone too, till Buddha's touch graced him!

Salutations to Bhagavan

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 04:14:41 PM »
Dear srkudai,

Ahalya's story is beautifully described by Kambar also in Tamizh Ramayana.  In fact she did not become a stone. On knowing
the trick played by Indra, she simply stayed put, without any thought of food, water etc., and for the onlookers she appeared
as a stone, non moving, and non acting.  Rama's touch of her saari end brought her to normalcy, since  she did not commit any
sin and only a sin was perpetrated on her. Kambar says, about Rama, I saw the valor of you hand there (while breaking Siva
dhanus) now I see the valor of your feet (in touching Ahalya's sari and bringing her back to normalcy.  Kai VaNNam anguk kanden,
Kaal vaNNam ingu kanden.

Arunachala Siva.   

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »
Dear Udai, Subramanian Sir,

:) there is a secret message in all these aspects of Puranas too! While it may sound ridiculous to hear abut Rama and his ignorance, that Vishnu and Brahma both search for the head and foot of Lord Shiva, Lord Muruga and Ganesah fight for simple fruit and Karthikeya gets angry and goes to Pazhani Malai with just a Koupinam, Sage Durvasa cursed Vishnu, because of which Vishnu had to take 10 avatars in earth, etc...

There are plenty of stories like these. But the real secret is that, these kinds of stories are deliberately written by the Sages to indicate that we are ourselves the Self, and being the very Self, we fall down from our glory!

For instance, Vishnu and Brahma searching for Shiva's head and foot indicates the same Self. Vishnu is Shiva is Brahma is the very Self itself and our effort to search for the Self is like searching the head and toe of Lord Shiva which is the Self itself!

It is like the same Self (Vishnu, Brahma) forget themselves and go in search of same Self (Shiva) and search for some particular ends!

It clearly depicts the paradox of our search! Kabir has illustrated this beautifully in his Doha, Kasturi Kundal Base Mrig Dhunde Van Maahi - The kasturi, a fragrant, is in naval of a particular specie of deer, but the deer having its fragrance runs in search of that in whole of forest, to whom it concerns?

The same is the case of Vishnu and Brahma searching for Shiva, Muruga and Ganesha fight, Sri Rama's ignorance!

Not many see this hidden secret :)

Its lovely! I hope I was able to convey what I intended to!

The Self searching for Self Paradoxes!!!! While we say easily how stupid it is that the poets have conveyed the ignorance of Rama, while we forget our own ignorance! We being that very Self, keep looking around elsewhere. The Sages have illustrated this with a hidden sense of humor!

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:41:35 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 04:37:34 PM »
Dear Subramanian Sir,

I love the poetic expressions of Kambar, I have heard few quotations from the tamizh Ramayanam, and i felt, it required an decent scholarly understanding for one to really understand and appreciate the poets expression in its pristine-ity, which most commoners fail to discern.

When Tulasi das first set out to compose his version of Ramayanam, he began to compose in sanskrit, Tulasidas was a great sanskrit scholar but each day when he wrote something, the script used to disappear every day and he repeated this again and again and it disappeared again and again! Then he was depressed and wondered if he was not fit enough or he had come defect, but in his dream (insight) he heard within that there are already thousands of sanskrit version of Ramayana and none had yet composed the Ramayana in saral hindi language which even the most innocent person without any education could appreciate the Ramayana Rasa. Today, Tulasi Ramayana is the most widely read Ramayana in Bharata country

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:44:59 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 04:47:54 PM »
Dear Udai,

yes, true, that is the reason why there are said to be about 33 crores of Gods in our way. Each one chooses what is best for oneself!

What is good for oneself may not be acceptable to another! We all choose Ramana, some chose Prabhupada, some choose Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, some Ramanujar, some Christ, some Allah, some Sri Ramakrishna, some Satya Sai Baba, some Shirdi Sai Baba, some even Eckhart Tolle etc...

Salutations to Bhagavan

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 12:49:18 AM »
if you believe thoughts are the problem , simply stop thinking .
belief in the story of the self is where it all starts , the belief that you are someone who can have problems . simply stop and see who you really are without the stories .   :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 01:56:58 PM »
Dear srkuidai, Beloved Abstract,

In the state of silence, when the mind is genuinely still, there are no thoughts, there is no mind. If the mind is not there,
where is the problem?  Even a terminally ill patient while in deep sleep (effected artificially through sedatives) has not feeling
of that illness and no problem.  The State of genuine Silence is Swarupam.  This is explained in Sad Darsanam, Verse 15 and also
in Who am I?

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 04:18:09 PM »
Dear srkudai,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan speaks of mano nasam or extinction of mind. After this Realization takes place. But for a Jivan Muktas (as
you have correctly said, the manas, mind becomes only pure) the pure mind acts as a mirror. If some one comes with a bereavement, Chellammal  who cried bitterly, loss of her step daughter, Sri Bhagavan also cried uncontrollably. When G.V. Subbaramayya came and
reported to Sri Bhagavan about the tragic death of his wife, Sri Bhagavan did not cry but showed enormous sympathy through his eyes
and by remaining silent for long.  When some special dishes were prepared in the Asramam, though Sri Bhagavan always took only
three fistfuls, He enjoyed the dishes (because others showed enjoyment) and showed happiness in His face.   These are all the states
of the pure mind, Suddha Manas, which acts as a mirror.

Arunachala Siva.