Author Topic: What is your daily sadhana?  (Read 2074 times)

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
What is your daily sadhana?
« on: November 20, 2011, 05:47:58 PM »
What is your daily sadhana? Yes, I mean what you do, not what you must do :). Do you follow exactly Ramana's instructions or you have added something on your own? Do you have a living Guru or you accepted Ramana is your only Guru? Of course it is too personal and I would understand everyone who wants to keep it secret. But I would be much grateful to everyone who shares it. It would be very helpful to me and many others I believe.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Re: What is your daily sadhana?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:05:15 PM »
Dear Ramana1359,
For years I had been following the practice of asking to whom are these thoughts ,  realising they were for me and then finally asking who am I ?
Though for me , this method did not help to bring about the quietness of mind desired , it perhaps has been some kind of preliminary aid.
Of late , I have had a clearer idea of self enquiry as is generally practiced as I believe,and I am trying to practice the same though the practice has just commenced  . I hope to develop on the same.Elsewhere in this forum , I have given some mountain path issues which may be referred and which I am trying to adopt in my practice as mentioned above .The mountain path issues of July 2010 and October 2010 referred to in the articles mentioned by me above, also are suggested to be followed for articles on self enquiry  though these issues and the subject articles ,I have not gone through them personally.
I expect that we have to try to progress to the stage of concurrent enquiry and so on as mentioned in those articles so that we can reach the stage where  our work and spiritual practice are reconciled.
I have also some kind of innate love for Arunachala and which I am trying to sustain by following the advice of Subramanian Sir in going to the website of Arunachala-live.com ,reciting Akshara Mana malai.Some kind of similar love, I have for Bhagavan and again I try to sustain the same, by reading the biographies of Bhagavan.
I am sure Subramanian Sir and NAgraj Sir 's assurance on the grace of Arunachala to one and all will be most reassuring.Some practice which we should adopt , and not feel worry or guiilty about progress or lack of it. For finally,we have to leave it to Arunachala to sport with us as he deems fit ,to facilitate us to reach our final destination i.e realising our innate divinity .
Regards,
Anand.
Sundaram Anand

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:10:52 PM »
Dear Anand - Self,

Very nice! Infact, elders of the yore have always represented that love for God like the love of a lover to his/her beloved. Such should be the warmth and earnestness and yearning for the Lord. There is pain in separation but that pain is beautiful, and yet that separation is not really a separation, it is the deepest and most purest form of love for God, or we can say Compassion or it could even be just a deep gratitude for the Lord.

Personally, Sadhana is every moment, our very life itself is a Sadhana. Every perceptible thing I am able to perceive through my eyes, nose, ears, tongue, skin and mind is a "Guru Tatva"

There is Guru in the most beautiful things and scriptures and also there is Guru Tatva in the ugliest of things and meanest of things as well.

There is Guru Tatva even in excreta and filthiest and most disgusting things we can even think off. The terrorist as well as a great statesman is also a "Guru Tatva"

Life is our Sadhana

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:14:28 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 05:58:23 AM »
Dear ramana,

I do chant within lips, Arunachala Siva, Arunachala Siva.  The idea of Self enquiry
is only to quell the thoughts.  I am able to do this by chanting as above.

Arunachala Siva.