Author Topic: What does God say about the Guru  (Read 2475 times)

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
What does God say about the Guru
« on: November 16, 2011, 11:13:43 AM »
THE GURU (from Guru Granth Sahib)
1.   They who were received in the sanctuary of the Guru were destined by God. (Asa, M. 1)
2.   (Only) Through the Guru's Light does Your Light shine. (Dhanasri, M. 1)
3.   The Guru is the ladder, the Guru the boat, the Guru the raft, the Guru the ship, the Guru the place of pilgrimage, the Guru the holy river. (Sri Raag, M. 1)
4.   When one receives the Guru's instruction, one begins to fear God. (Sri Raag, M. 1)
5.   The Guru's pleasure is on those who deal in Truth. (Sri Raag M. 1)
6.   Without the Guru the painful malady of ego goes not. (Sri Raag, M. 3)
7.   It is through inner Light that God is revealed to us and that light comes from the True Guru.(Sri Raag, M. 3)
8.   The Guru is all-powerful and infinite. One who seeks His sight is fortunate. He is incomprehensible, immaculate and pure - the Creator and the Cause. Through Him is (obtained) all glory and all that happens is in His Will. He is the place of pilgrimage, the (mythical Hindu) wish-fulfilling tree, the all-powerful, the formless, unknowable and vast. His praise is inexpressible
9.   When we meet with the True Guru, we are blessed with the jewel of distinction (between truth and falsehood and evil). We surrender our minds to the Guru and realize the All-loving God. We receive the gift of salvation and our sins are washed away. (Sri Raag, M. 1, Ashtapadis)
10.   Through the Guru our grief departs and the five demons are decimated (Sri Raag M. 1, Ashtapadis)
11.   They who meditate on the True Guru are not burnt to ashes (by worldly attractions). They who mediate on the True Guru are (spiritually) satisfied. They who meditate on the True Guru do not fear Death. The ones who have God's Grace, take to the Guru's feet (holy words & Nam) (Sri Raag Vaar, Pauri, M. 4)
12.   The society of the Guru is not found by being (physically) near or far (the gathering). Nanak says, the True Guru is found when the mind lives forever in His presence. (Sri Raag Vaar, Shlok, M. 3)
13.   The Guru is the mother, the father, the God of gods, the Master. The Guru is the friend, the dispeller of ignorance, the kinsman, the brother. The Guru is beneficent and blesses us with the Lord's Name, by which the mind is held (in concentration on Nam). The Guru is the embodiment of Peace, Truth, Wisdom the philosopher's stone whose touch transmutes all metals into gold. The Guru is the place of pilgrimage, the pool of nectar, bathing in which brings infinite Wisdom. The Guru is the Creator, the destroyer of all sins, purifier of all sinners. The Guru is from the beginning of time, through ages upon ages, meditating on whose Word one is emancipated. The Lord blesses us with the society of the Guru so that we, the ignorant sinners, are also saved. The Guru is the Transcendent Lord, the God of gods: Nanak salutes the Guru-God. (Gauri Bavan Akhri, M. 5)
14.   I bow countless times before my Guru for he makes me see the Self (God) within me.
15.   I am a Sacrifice to my Guru countless times a day - He makes angels of men without delay. (Asa M. 1, Vaar Shlok, M. 1)
16.   Nanak says, the ones who do not meditate on the Guru, but take pride in their own wisdom, are like the spurious sesame shoots which are left uncut on the farm. Deserted and alone they have a hundred masters to please and though they flourish, within the body of the wretches there's nothing but ashes. (Asa, M. 1, Vaar)
17.   The Lord's seekers cry out in distress for the Lord's Refuge and the Guru-God gives them sanctuary. (Bihagra, M. 4)
18.   Such is the glory of the True guru that in the midst of the household, one is emancipated. (Dhanasri, M. 1)
19.   It is through the Perfect Guru that one becomes aware of the Lord's Treasure and enshrines it in the mind, by God's Grace (Dhanasri, M. 3, Chaupadas)
20.   True is the Word of the Perfect Guru (through which) the Sushmana * rests in a state of equipoise. (Dhanasri, M. 3, Chaupadas). (*The hollow canal which, according to the esoteric Hindu psychology runs through the center of the spinal cord. On its right is 'Pingala' and on its left is 'Ida'. When one runs the breath through this channel, after a hard practice of breath control, one is supposed to hear the Unstruck Melody, or 'Anhad Shabd.'
21.   Meeting with the True Guru all one's cravings end. And, one is blessed with Bliss and Peace. (Dhanasri, M. 3)
22.   Those who followed the Guru's way and took to the Guru's Refuge were saved. (Dhanasri, M. 3)
23.   When the Guru blessed me with the collyrium of Wisdom, a myriad of my sins and sorrows were eradicated. (Dhanasri, M. 5)
24.   One is rid of the torture of births and deaths, if, by the Guru's Grace, the Lord comes into one's body and mind. (Dhanasri, M. 5)
25.   The Guru's Feet (holy words and Nam) emancipate the Soul and one is ferried across the sea of (material existence). (Dhanasri, M. 5)
26.   The Guru is the sea full of pearls; the saints (like swans) pick at the pearls and remain attached to them. (Dhanasri M. 1, Ashtapadis 1)
27.   The Guru-given wisdom is the only eternal pilgrim-station where one washes off all one's sins. (Dhanasri, M. 1, Chhant)
28.   When I applied the collyrium of the Guru's wisdom to my eyes, I saw God pervading all. (Dhanasri, M. 5, Chhant)
29.   Without the Guru, the egocentric is stark ignorant and is involved in the love of Maya. (Jaitsri M. 4, Chaupadas)
30.   The Guru sustains the heart. The Guru is Perfect God (Jaitsri, M. 5, Vaar)
31.   Blessed is the Great Guru who makes us meditate upon God. When the Guru is compassionate, all one's sins are dispelled. The Guru, our Supreme God, makes the low high and, snapping the bonds of Maya and pain, he makes us his slaves. One's tongue then utters the infinite praises of God. (Jaitsri M. 5, Vaar)
32.   I met with the Guru by great, good fortune. He is Unfathomable and Infinite. Holding me by the hand he pulled me out of the world's sea of poison. Through the Guru's Word, I was rid of recurring births and deaths. I will not pass through the gate of pain (reincarnation) again (Todi, M. 5)
33.   The Guru meets those who have it written in their destiny. The Guru Blesses them with the Nectar-Name of the Lord. They walk in the Guru's Will and wander no more for (begging like Hindu holy men for) donations (Suhi, M. 1)
34.   Through the Guru's door one is blessed with the inner (spiritual) eye. If one washes one's (mind) vessel with the Guru's Wisdom, it sparkles clean (Suhi, M. 1)
35.   If one meets the Perfect Guru, one's doubt is shattered and the outgoing of one's mind cease. Then oozes (Nectar) out of the (mind's) spring, one is attuned to the Music of Bliss and sees one's Lord in one's own Home. (Maru, M. 1)
36.   Instructed by the Guru, I searched the township (of my body), and found the treasure of the Lord's Name inside. The Lord brought peace to my mind. The fire of desire was quenched in an instant and meeting with the Guru all my hunger was satisfied. (Suhi, M. 4)
37.   Cherish the Lotus-feet of the Guru in your mind and your body will be free of all pain and grief. The True Guru saves the drowning creatures from the sea of (material) existence and unites those separated for countless births. Serve the Guru always and forever more, then you earn poise and bliss and your mind is calmed. By great, good fortune, one attains the dust of the Guru's Feet. Nanak is a sacrifice unto the Guru. (Suhi, M. 5)
38.   Precious is the human birth: only those turned God-wards attain to it. If the True Guru so wills, one's body and mind are cooled with the Lord's Love. Then one's life is approved and one gathers the merchandise of Truth and one is blest with honor at the (Lord's) Court through the Lord's Fear inculcated by the Guru's Word. (Suhi, M. 1, Kafi)
39.   O God, the True Guru is the lover of Your Name. If I am blessed with it, I will surrender my body and mind to him. (Suhi, M. 4, Ashtapadis)
40.   The True Guru is the Ocean of Virtue of the Lord's Name. So I crave to see my Guru. (Suhi, M. 4, Ashtapadis)
41.   True is the Guru, True His Word through which I see the True One (Suhi, M. 3)
42.   Perfect is my True Guru, my friend, the Being; I know no other than Him. He's my father and mother, brother, son and kinsman, my life, my life breath and pleasing to my mind. My body and soul are His Blessings. He's the inexhaustible Treasure of Virtue, the Inner-Knower of all hearts who permeates all, all over. In His Refuge, I gather all gladness and am wholly in bliss. (Suhi, M. 5)
43.   Through the Wisdom of the Guru, my mind is attuned to the Lord in a state of Equipoise. (Bilawal, M. 1)
44.   God Himself is the True Guru, God Himself is the Word. God Himself utters His own Word (when the Guru speaks). (Bilawal, M. 3)
45.   When, through the Guru, one's mind is acquainted with the Lord, it merges in the (Lord's) Name. (Bilawal, M. 5)
46.   All treasures are contained in the Perfect Guru. (Bilawal, M. 5)
47.   I am blessed with peace by the Perfect Guru, joy has swelled up in me and the Unstruck Melody rings in my mind. All my maladies, sins and inner afflictions are dispelled. (Bilawal, M. 5)
48.   Meeting (with the Guru) one sheds one's sins, one's (inner) fire is quenched and one is comforted. He who had fallen into the Blind Well (depression, dark negative non-godly thoughts), him (the Lord) pulls out and saves. (Bilawal, M. 5)
49.   When one meditates upon the True Guru, one is rid of the sense of worldly attraction and one is purged of all errors. The sinful mind is cleaned, the body sparkles like gold and one's soul merges in the Supreme-Soul. (Bilawal, M. 1)
50.   The Lord's Name is the boat, the Guru's Word the boatman, through whom one is ferried across. Death, the tax gatherer, doesn't comes near one and no thief steals one's treasure. (Bilawal, M. 4, Ashtapadis 4)
51.   He who serves the True Guru, drives out his illusions: and, within his Self, he finds the Abode of Truth. (Bilawal, M. 3)
52.   The rain water, in the street drains and streams, becomes pure by falling in the Ganga, such beneficence is also in the True Guru, who is inimical to no one. Meeting with him, our craving is stilled and peace instantaneously dawns upon us. (Vaar Bilawal, M. 4)
53.   Maya's sun, burning over our head, is cooled, on seeing the soothing fire of the Guru-moon (Gond, M. 4)
54.   Look upon the Guru and God as one, and accept whatever be His will. (Gond, M. 5)
55.   Greet Your Perfect Guru, whose Vision is fruitful, whose service is rewarding, who is the Inner Knower of hearts, the Being, the Creator, who is imbued with the (Lord's) Name, night and day. The Guru is Govind, the sustainer of the earth. He saves His servants and devotees (Gond, Ashtapadis, M. 5)
56.   The Guru's Word is (the true) Nada (spiritual sound sought by the yogis), the Guru's Word is the (true) Veda (holy book), for, through it, one is imbued with Lord of the Creation. In it are contained the merits of all austerities, fasting and pilgrimages. Through it, one meets with the Guru & one is emancipated by God's Grade. (Ramkali, M. 1)
57.   When one meets with the True Guru one's path becomes wide and smooth and in poise one meets with God. (Ramkali, M. 5)
58.   Realize your Guru is not separate nor distinct from God, for the True Guru is Himself the Immaculate Lord. If you realize that the Guru is not a mere man then you, if without honor, are blessed with honor. (Ramkali, M. 5)
59.   Why should God's servant, whose forehead the Guru strokes with his hands, grieve or care (worry)? His comings and goings (into the world of Desire) cease, (for) he's a sacrifice into the Perfect Guru. (Ramkali, M. 5)
60.   The mind, when it accepts the lead of the Guru, obliterates the sense of worldly attraction and merges in God. (Ramkali, M. 1)
61.   The Guru wears the loin-cloth of Truth and is always absorbed in the All-filling God. His tongue is imbued with His Love. God, who created the creation, meets with the True Guru as God is pleased with the Guru's deeds. The Guru reveals to us the One God in all and that all are contained in the One God. (Ramkali Dakhni, M. 1)
62.   Except for the True Guru's word all other words are false. False is the word that is not the True Guru's, false are the utterers, false the hearers, false the reciters. (Ramkali M. 3, Anand)
63.   Without the Guru, no one knows the (supreme) Essence, the Reality of the Real. (Ramkali, M. 1, Dakhni Onkar)
64.   The Guru's Ocean is brimful with jewels and inexhaustible is the pearly treasure of Truth. (Ramkali, M. 1, Dakhni Onkar)
65.   The Guru's Word is beautiful, meditating on it one finds God. One loses one's self (ego), desire is stilled and the (soul) Bride obtains her spouse. (Ramkali, M. 1, Dakhni Onkar)
66.   Meeting with the True Guru, one's darkness (ignorance) is dispelled. Then one's ego is stilled and one merges into God (Ramkali, M. 1, Siddha Goshti 15)
67.   Without the Guru's Grace, one comes and goes, and one's efforts bear no fruit. One's mind wobbles and ever feeding on poison, it is never content. One is stung by (Maya's) scorpion and dies on the path. Without the Guru, one loses the merit of life (Ramkali M. 1, Siddha Goshti)
68.   When one reflects on the Guru's Word, one is rid of one's Ignorance. When one meets with the Guru, one attains the Door of Salvation (Ramkali, M. 1, Siddha Goshti)
69.   It s by the Guru's Grace that one abandons 'I-amness', and is hence emancipated while yet alive. (Vaar of Ramkali, M. 3)
70.   I've seen that the Guru (was just as wonderful) as he was reputed to be! He unites the separated ones with God and is the middleman at the Lord's Court. He gives us the Mantra (chant) of the Lord's Name and rids us of the malady of ego. (Vaar of Ramkali, M. 5)
71.   In the Guru's Will, the Sikhs, like the swans, gather at the Guru's pool, and they feed themselves on the pearls they find therein, but their inexhaustible treasure is exhausted not. The swan and the pool go together, for, such is the Lord's Will. Nanak: He in whose Lot it is so writ he comes to the Guru, and he is hence emancipated along with all his kinsmen, nay, the whole world. (Vaar of Ramkali, M. 5, Shlok, M. 5)
72.   The rusted iron is transmuted into gold, if it meets with (the philosopher's stone of) the Guru. (Maru, M. 1)
73.   The Lord enshrined Himself in the Guru and he unites us with God. Blessed, blessed is the Guru. The Guru is the Sea of Devotion to God, and one who comes to him, partakes of it. The Guru, in His mercy, opens (the Treasure of) His mouth and lo, there is the light of God (Guru's word) for all the God-conscious beings to see. (Maru, M. 4)
74.   The Guru-Being led me on to the God-Being and my consciousness merged in the super-consciousness.
75.   The egg of superstition has burst. My mind is illumined, and the fetters of (my mind's) feet are released. Lo, I have been emancipated by the Guru. Blessed now is my coming and going, and frying pan (of the heart) has cooled with the Guru-given elixir of the (Lord's) Name. (Maru, M. 5)
76.   Without the Guru, all are enveloped by Darkness. One is emancipated only when united with the True Guru (Maru, M. 5)
77.   If one searches the seas one may find a jewel. Its' lustre remains for a while but then, it is eaten up by the dust. If one searches the sea of the Guru's Truth, one attains the inexhaustible Treasure of the Lord's Nam. (Maru, M. 1)
78.   The Guru is the pool of Nectar, we are the swans on its banks. It is the sea of rubies and corals, and pearls and diamonds of the Lord's Praise with which my body and mind are Imbued. (Maru, M. 1)
79.   The ones who are under the sway of the Guru do true deeds. (Maru, M. 1)
80.   The Guru's Wisdom is the ladder to reach Divine Wisdom. It is through the jewel of Wisdom that one rids oneself of Ego (Maru, M. 3)
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
Re: What does God say about the Guru
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 11:15:16 AM »
81.   There is the True Guru, His word is Infinite. Through His Word the world is emancipated. (Maru, M. 3)
82.   It is through the Perfect Guru that one sees the world is (nothing) but the juggler's play. So, one must remain detached, through the Guru's Word, and be attuned to the True One (Maru, M. 3)
83.   It is through the Guru that one's 'within' is illumined, and one cherishes the (Lord's) Name, the object of one's life, and lo, with the jewel of Wisdom, his heart is ever illuminated, and the darkness of ignorance is dispelled. (Maru, M. 3)
84.   When one sees the Guru, all that one does is holy, and one cherishes the Lord's Name in the heart. For, the (Guru's) Word pervades the whole world, and through this Word one attains to the (Lord's) Name. (Maru, M. 3)
85.   This world is enveloped by the sense of attachment, and the unwise egocentric gropes in utter Darkness and out-running after strife one wastes one's life and suffers sorrow without the (Lord's) Nam. (Maru, M. 3)
86.   Through the True Guru drips the (Lord's) Nectar (into one's mind), and lo, (the Lord) becomes visible at the Tenth Door. There rings the Unstruck Melody of the Word, and one merges in Equipoise all too spontaneously. (Maru Solhas, M. 4)
87.   The Guru is the support and the mainstay of the Earth. The Guru is ever Beneficent and ever-forgiving. (Maru M 5, Solhas)
88.   The Guru shows God to be everywhere. (Maru M. 5, Solhas)
89.   Through the Guru's Word the five passions are silenced. Through the Lord's Fear, one becomes immaculate. And, when one meets with the Perfect Guru, the philosopher's stone, his touch revels our God unto us (Maru, M. 5)
90.   The True Guru is the Transcendent God, highest of the high, contemplating whom one's mind is cooled. (Maru, M. 5)
91.   The Guru is God, the Support of the Earth, and the Creator too. He is the ever-forgiving Lord. (Maru, M. 5)
92.   Immaculate and Pure is the Guru's Word, for, through it, one sucks in the Lord's Essence. He, who tastes the taste of God, he tastes no other taste. He is comforted and satiated with the Lord's Essence and he craves and hungers no more (Pauri 12, Vaar of Maru, M. 3)
93.   Man puts up a tenement of straw, and then lights fire in it. Even then man may be saved, if by good destiny, his Master saves him (Dakhne M. 5, Vaar of Raag Maru M. 5)
94.   The Guru is the philosopher's stone. His Touch has transmuted my iron into gold. Now my light is merged in God's Light, and the fortress of my body looks beauteous and sweet (Tukhari Chhant, M. 4)
95.   He, whose forehead the hand of the Guru strokes, in his heart are enshrined Your virtues, O God. (Tukhari, M. 4)
96.   If one bathes in the pool of the Guru's Nectar of Wisdom, one is purged of all one's sins, all one's impurities. (Raag Bhairo M. 4 Chaupadas)
97.   My Guru is all-powerful, the Creator and the Cause, my vital, my life-breath, the bliss-giving God, the Presence, the King, the Destroyer of all fears, seeing whose Vision one is rid of all one's sorrows. (Bilawal, M. 5)
98.   The Word is the Guru: he who assembles its melody in his consciousness is the disciple. (Ramkali, M. 1, Siddha Goshti)
99.   I searched the ocean of my body and in there I had a wondrous experience. For, lo, I saw no separateness between the Guru and God - one was the other (Asa, M. 4)
100.   God is merged in the Guru who disseminates His Word. (Malhar, M. 1)
101.   Beneficent is the Guru, and All-Powerful, pervading each and everything. The Guru is the Transcendent God, who makes the drowning ones swim across (Sri Raag, M. 5)
102.   The Guru, whose very sight is fulfilling, is inscribed on my forehead. Wherever I look, I see Him accompanying me. (Devghandari, M. 5)
103.   My beloved Guru is always with me and He gets me released anywhere (Vadhans, M. 4)
104.   The True Guru has made me see the world, the underworld and the sky through His Grace. That Lord of the Creation who is and will ever be, and who is not cast into the womb, Him I see within my heart. (Sorath, M. 1)
105.   It is only when the True Guru is merciful that one sees Him. Having wandered through countless births one hears His Word. (Asa, M. 1)
106.   The mother is pleased if her son is well-fed. The fish is pleased when it bathes in water. The True Guru is pleased if one feeds one who walks on His path. (Gauri, M. 4)
107.   The mother brings the child (into this world) then takes care of him. She always keeps him under a watchful eye and feeds and fondles him wherever he is. In the same way the True Guru loves and looks after the one who loves Him (Gauri, M. 5)
108.   The True Guru is the boat who ferries us across and the ferry-man is the Word. This is true even where there is neither water, nor fire, nor air, nor form (Maru, M. 1)
109.   I accept Him as the Guru who absorbs me in the eternal truth, makes me utter the unutterable and tunes me in to the Word (Dhanasri, M. 1)
110.   The one the Guru blesses with the stamp of His approval is not taxed (by death), nor punished. (Asa, M. 5)
111.   Such is the Will of the Eternal Master that without the True Guru, God does not come into Your mind. (Bihagra, M. 3, Vaar)
112.   Devotion to the Guru is the Guru's service, but rare is the one who obtains it (Sri Raag, M. 3)
113.   One shouldn't go to the self-called Guru who begs from door to door. Only the one who works for his living and then shares it with others knows the Right Way (Sarang, M. 4, Vaar)
114.   Kabir says, the Brahmin may be the guru of the whole world, but those devoted to God do not accept him. He is involved in the mere words of the four Vedas(Hindu books) and is wasted away in discussions. (Kabir, Shlokas)
115.   The ones who have deception in their heart but look like a saint, quit the world regretfully in the end, because their cravings didn't leave them. (Gujri, M. 3)
116.   The Earth is turned Guru-wards, so is the water, the air and the fire that works many wonders. (Majh, M. 3)
117.   Those who turn their back on the Guru are bound to themselves (to the 5 enemies within) and they suffer. They do not meet the Real One and are born only to wither away, time after time (reincarnated). (Gauri, M. 3)
118.   God, whose home is within us, has locked it, but He has left the key with the Guru. No matter how hard one tries, God is not found except by going to the Guru's refuge. (Gauri, M. 5)
119.   Without the True Guru one is not liberated. (Bhairo, M. 3)
120.   If one does not accept the True Guru, the Primal Being; (if one does) not love the Guru's Word, then all his rituals are of no use to him - neither bathing at the pilgrimage places, nor his charitable actions and he is torn by worldly attraction. (Sri Raag, M. 3)
121.   Kabir says, cursed be the mother of the Guru who doesn't remove your doubt (Kabir, Shlokas)
122.   Without the Guru, devotion nor love for God wells up within us. Nor are we ushered into the society of the Saints. Without the Guru, one is blind and involved in strife. Through the Guru the mind is purged (of evil thoughts), through the (Guru's) Word one's mind is cleaned. It is by meeting the Guru that one conquers one's self and one ever revels in the (true) Yoga of God's Devotion. (Basant, M. 1, 6)
123.   As the water-diviner smells water hid in the womb of the earth, so we find the Lord's Name through the Guru (Basant Hindol, M. 4)
124.   Meeting with the Guru, one's intellect becomes sublime, the mind becomes immaculate and one is rid of one's Ego (Basant, M. 1)
125.   The snake-like desires bite with their poisonous sting. The Guru gives the antidote of his Word. The scorpion of Maya does not touch one who is rid of the poison (of ego), and is attuned (to God). (Kanra, 4)
126.   As the fire is locked in the wood, but it is struck only by one who knows the way, so, through the Guru's Wisdom, does one find the (supreme) essence of the Lord's Light which pervades all (Kalyan, M. 4)
127.   Kabir says, (the Guru is) the Beneficent Tree, whose Fruit is compassion, and who looks upon all as his own. O Tree, be ever in Fruit so that the birds, gathering in its essence, fly out (to make its attributes known to all) (Shlok Kabir 230)
128.   When the Guru is merciful one meets with God. When the Guru is merciful one is ferried across. When the Guru is merciful one is ushered into the God's Heaven. When the Guru is merciful one dies in life (follows the guru's word and not there mind's wisdom). True, True, ever True is the Guru. Deceptive and false is one's devotion to any other (Bhairo Namdevji, 11)
129.   The True Guru unites one with all (unites all people). (Sri Raag, M. 1)
130.   I am a sacrifice to the True Guru who made manifest to me the un-manifest Name. (Jaitsri, M. 4)
131.   The Guru-God is, and will forever be (Gond, M. 5)
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Sreeswaroop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 11:56:42 AM »
Om Namo Bhagavathe Sri Ramanaya!

Dear ramana1359,

Bhagavan has codified and put simply and directly as  " Guru is SELF"
Is it not enough for a devotee?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »
Dear ramana and Sreeswaroop,

The Sikhs place great importance to the gurus. The writings of Gurus constitue Granth Sahib
and this holy book itself is God for them. Sri Bhagavan Himself has said that Guru and God
are the same and the Self is Guru and God.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 03:08:20 PM »
ॐ इश्वरो गुरुरात्मेति मूतिर्भेदिवभागिने । व्योमवद्व्यप्तदेहाय दिक्षणामूतर्ये

- Sureshwaracharya,

Isvaro gururatmeti murti bheda vibhagine vyomavad vyapta dehaya dakshinamurtaye namah

The Guru, God and Atma are identical.

Talk 90:

Again, the Trinity was explained:
God the Father represents Isvara
God the Holy Spirit represents Atman
God the Son represents Guru

Isvaro gururatmeti murti bheda vibhagine vyomavad vyapta dehaya dakshinamurtaye namah:

Meaning that God appears to his devotee in the form of a Guru (son of God) and points out to him the immanence of the Holy Spirit. That
is to say that God is spirit, that this spirit is immanent everywhere and that the Self must be realised, which is the same as realising God.

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:18:00 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 03:54:45 PM »

G Uru Gita says: Guru Brahma, Guru Vishnu,  Guru Devor Maheswara
  Guru sakshat Para Brahmam, .thasmai Gurve Namah.

Arunachala Siva.