Author Topic: How safe is Inner Path for Giri Pradakshina?  (Read 10342 times)

vengateshs

• View Profile
How safe is Inner Path for Giri Pradakshina?
« on: November 11, 2011, 01:40:39 PM »
Hi,

I have done GiriPradakshina in the Outer most Thar Road.

I heard that there are other 2 paths for GiriPradakshina: (1) Inner Path and (2) Yellow Path. I want to know the following information
  (1) How safe are these paths, Can we easily explore the paths while walking or it requires some experience ?
  (2) Is it necessary to take a Guide with us or it is ok to go alone for the first-time ?
  (3) Is it ok to climb up the mountain alone for the first time ? How much time would it take ? What is the suggested timing to go to the top of the hill ?

I request the experienced people to throw some light on these.

-vengatesh

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: How safe is Inner Path for Giri Pradakshina?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »
Dear Vengatesh,

I have done the girivalam through the inner path (yellow path) alone and i found it very safe and it was a great experience. I feel, the only word of caution is, if any women are accompanying you, in such case, many locals advise to go as groups.

I am not an experienced in this matter. But its ok to go alone based on my own experience.

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

vengateshs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »
Thanks Nagaraj!

Could you please tell me the way to reach Inner Path ?

-vengatesh

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 03:42:48 PM »
Just behind the Ashramam, beyond the Old hall, you will find a small gate that leads to the hill, on walking up some distane, you will see the path deviating, one to the right which leads to Skandashramam and Virupaksha cave and on to the left which is the way of inner Girivalam. throughout the path, you will find the stones colored in yellow.

I also heard that recently, they have clearly painted the path in yellow and people have taken much pains in developing the inner path.

You can always talk to the ashrammites and get more details

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

vengateshs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 04:00:16 PM »
Nagaraj, Thank you so much!

-vengatesh

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 04:41:57 PM »
Dear vengatesh,

Inner pradakshina is more tough since one has to pass through jungle areas and bushes. its also not safe during late evenings and nights.. It is better to use the regular 13 mile road from the Asramam gate.

Arunachala Siva.

vengateshs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 05:08:30 PM »
Hi Subramanian.R,

I am planning to go in Inner Path in the morning hours. If it is not easy path, Can I get any guide over there ?

-vengatesh

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 04:33:11 PM »
Dear Vengatesh,

No harm in inner path, if you are going in the day time, with one or more friends.
Guide aspect, I have no idea. Probaby, devotees coming with you at that time are
your guides.

Arunachala Siva.

vengateshs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »
Hi Subramanian,

I went in Inner Path yesterday with a friend of mine. As you said, the path is so tough and through jungles. We walked for about 2 hours and somehow I think we took wrong path somewhere and ended up in the Outer Path nearby Vallalar mutt. 

There are no clear directions in Inner path; in many places there are multiple ways and we were confused; we followed wherever we found "namam" symbol written on rocks indicating the right path.

When we enquired people in the ashram, they told us Inner Path is about 6km but I feel it must be more than that.

-vengatesh

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 04:23:06 AM »
Dear Vengatesh,

Nice. You have made sincere attempts and have succeeded though partially. The outermost
road, the metalled road, is the easiest, like Self Inquiry or Self surrender.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 10:08:16 PM »
Hi Subramanian,

I went in Inner Path yesterday with a friend of mine. As you said, the path is so tough and through jungles. We walked for about 2 hours and somehow I think we took wrong path somewhere and ended up in the Outer Path nearby Vallalar mutt. 

There are no clear directions in Inner path; in many places there are multiple ways and we were confused; we followed wherever we found "namam" symbol written on rocks indicating the right path.

When we enquired people in the ashram, they told us Inner Path is about 6km but I feel it must be more than that.

-vengatesh

Please dont repeat what you did on the Inner path exploration.

This is not commercial ad --  but this person really acts as a very good guide to take you to top of the mountain and also whatever you need.

Saran – 9944638811, http://www.mountainsarantours.com.
Regards,
Krishna