Author Topic: Dr. Pim van Lommel, M.D.: Continuity of Consciousness Article  (Read 1594 times)

Astralman

• View Profile
Re: Dr. Pim van Lommel, M.D.: Continuity of Consciousness Article
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 10:39:10 PM »
Glad to see this article.
I read his book a year or so ago and enjoyed most of it (I thought he came across as a bit new-agey and would have been more credible as a doctor if he had stuck to scientific theories, but that is probably somewhat exhausted). Still, he's good, esp. since he is writing and lives in a place that isn't very "spiritual".
NDE's are interesting and their study has for me increased my awareness of the effects of my actions on others and helped me be more tolerant of other religious beliefs. Beliefs don't seem to matter to the Light - only how we treat or love other people.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 05:06:59 PM »
Dear prasanth,

pim vom lommel is a curious experimenter.  Some of his theories may be true and many may be not.  I am reminded of Carl Socks,
who was treating neurological disorders and rapid ageing of some persons in America through his uncertified medicine called el dopa
and making such patients live in a community, giving them love and care. This doctor had successfully cured some patients.  But many
patients had a relapse of the syndrome.  You may kindly see the old movie The Awakenings and also read his books, the titles of which
are available for you if you google his name.

Arunachala Siva.       

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 09:14:15 PM »
Dear Astralman and Subramanian garu thanks a lot for your information.