Author Topic: Regarding the stay in Ashram  (Read 5035 times)

karthik91

• View Profile
Regarding the stay in Ashram
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:00:23 AM »
Hello,

Can anyone please tell me exactly the fees structure and other details to be filled for living in the ashram.Is there a special place for only Ladies above 42 years to stay and please acknowledge elaborately

Thanks

hp

• View Profile
Re: Regarding the stay in Ashram
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 02:23:44 AM »
Hi Karthik, from what i experienced from my stay in May 2006, i'm in the US and had to send an email to the the Ashram manager through their site, and he just replied back saying the stay was confirmed, and that's it..went there and signed in and got the room for 2 people..you have to let them know who it is so they can provide the bed arrangements likewise. There are absolutely no fees, but i made some donations which is appropriate to make since the ashram runs solely on donations. The stay was extremely pleasant, and the ashram food is heavenly. All the best!!

sonagiri

• View Profile
Re: Regarding the stay in Ashram
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 07:30:24 AM »
The current Ramanasramam policy is that visitors should write in advance of their proposed stay and get written or emailed confirmation of their booking. People who have not visited the ashram before are not usually granted the privilege of long stays. No money is charged for accommodation or food, but the ashram will happily accept donations from visitors to cover the cost of their stay.

The ashram accommodation is to some extent zoned: single men in one area, couples in another, and so on. If you are a single woman in your 40s, you are likely to end up in 'K' block, a two-storey building in the main ashram compound that is usually occupied by single women of your age.

I hope you enjoy your stay!