Author Topic: Seeing the Self and not the world  (Read 1133 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Seeing the Self and not the world
« on: October 28, 2011, 10:39:12 AM »
We take ourselves to be a man or woman. It is a blunder that we commit because of our identification
with our body. Brahman is neither a man nor woman. Having received this knowledge, by your own
experience you shall become all expansive, pervasive. This body or man-woman experience is a
sickness. Don’t talk to people about others but get hold of yourself. Be established in the Knowledge,
don’t talk about it, have a firm conviction. When you understand, get established then you don’t need
words, words are superfluous.
Only a rare one will say all this, Krishna said, ‘I saw myself, not the
world, whatever I see, is myself.’ Once established in this knowledge, you can die any moment you
wish. Prophet Mohammed and Christ were like this; my nature too is like that. They behaved like that,
their nature is my nature. Make use of this knowledge, assimilate it and you will lose this habit to
criticize others, Krishna said, when you are that, who will criticize whom?

- Nisargadatta Maharaj

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Seeing the Self and not the world
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 11:19:45 AM »

Dear Nagaraj,

Yes. Because there is world, people appear, dislikes and likes start sprouting. Turn inwards and cease the thoughts about
the world and people. There is no one other than you. If you realize that Oneness, I am ness, then the world will appear \
as your Self, people will appear as your Self. There is nothing to criticize or even appreciate.

Ekam Satyam Anantam.

Arunachala Siva.