Author Topic: Various quotes and musings in the light of Vedanta  (Read 174997 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Various quotes and musings in the light of Vedanta
« Reply #645 on: September 08, 2013, 05:58:00 PM »
This is not the point what I want. The point is that I could not have good spirit accepting that I am talking to ghosts in my head (you, my parents and so on). :)

haha :D but in one ways it is true, even if they are all not ghosts for now, they are all prospective ghosts, as nothing lasts. what is there today may not be there tomorrow. So they say, do not depend on them, that is all! This is only known as maya, that knowing very well that they all don't last forever, still one latches onto such dependence!

nice conversing with you Hari, they are simply matter of fact! no loads to carry and prove something! :)

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 08, 2013, 06:06:27 PM »
ground reality, Hari is that, we may not know the final conclusion, but what we are experienceing as of now, what we seem to know as of now is just as good as watching a cinema. It is as real as the span of the movie. Moreover it is so real to the extent of our involvement in it.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #647 on: September 08, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »
ground reality, Hari is that, we may not know the final conclusion, but what we are experienceing as of now, what we seem to know as of now is just as good as watching a cinema. It is as real as the span of the movie. Moreover it is so real to the extent of our involvement in it.

--

Exactly :)
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 08, 2013, 06:11:49 PM »
There is another thing which I was thinking. Are we really believe by heart that the world and everything is unreal. Yes, I have 'preaching' about unreality till now. But suddenly I really accepted the real possibility of unreality of everything. At this moment it became problem. Till now it was just a concept. I was asking myself "can someone accept and have no problems with this 'theory' if he/she really believe and accept it?" I didn't know what to answer to myself. Can the ego really accept its unreality. Somehow I doubt it. :)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 08, 2013, 06:14:30 PM »
And this discernment, of the transient nature of 'things' (include everything we are in relation with sentient and non sentient beings), makes us live better, love better, experience with full involvement!

Suppose you know you were going to die, what would you do? this takes us in the shoes of Parikshit, who was supposed to die in 7 days by being biiten by a deadly snake due to a curse by a Sage. Would it make us live better? and is this not the nearest responsibility?

Self is already known, realised, we really need do nothing to attain it! But, this now becomes a call to live well as to where we are as of now!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 08, 2013, 06:16:56 PM »
There is another thing which I was thinking. Are we really believe by heart that the world and everything is unreal. Yes, I have 'preaching' about unreality till now. But suddenly I really accepted the real possibility of unreality of everything. At this moment it became problem. Till now it was just a concept. I was asking myself "can someone accept and have no problems with this 'theory' if he/she really believe and accept it?" I didn't know what to answer to myself. Can the ego really accept its unreality. Somehow I doubt it. :)

Hari, honestly, in my own direct experience, i see clearly, just the transient nature of the world, not the unreality of it! this unreality bit is illusion! i discern that the biggest illusion is illusion itself!

What is unreality? unreality itself is an illusion, there is nothing that is unreal! Everything is REAL, Everything is REAL.

--

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 08, 2013, 06:25:43 PM »

Hari, honestly, in my own direct experience, i see clearly, just the transient nature of the world, not the unreality of it! this unreality bit is illusion! i discern that the biggest illusion is illusion itself!

What is unreality? unreality itself is an illusion, there is nothing that is unreal! Everything is REAL, Everything is REAL.

--

This all-embracing "Everything is real. Everything God" makes me happy. The notion "Everything is illusion. Everything is Maya" makes me sad. The first notion is fullness. The second is nothingness. Accepting everything with happiness as Sri Krishna taught I prefer than rejecting everything and feeling sad and strangulated. :)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 08, 2013, 06:30:46 PM »
This all-embracing "Everything is real. Everything God" makes me happy. The notion "Everything is illusion. Everything is Maya" makes me sad. The first notion is fullness. The second is nothingness. Accepting everything with happiness as Sri Krishna taught I prefer than rejecting everything and feeling sad and strangulated. :)

yes Hari, do we need to specially affirm that which is not, as NOT, that which is unreal as Unreal? does it make any sense? it does not make sense to say that zero has no value, it is self inferred, this inference is also unnecessary!

What is Real now, everything is connected with me --> us, here it becomes applicable what Jesus and others have expressed such as love Thy neighbor as thyself, as thy neighbor is thyself and so on in the likes.

We are just unable to give up what is really UNREAL and cling on to the Unreal!

Reality is affirmative as you have beautifully expressed  -- >"Everything is real. Everything God" makes me happy. The notion "Everything is illusion. Everything is Maya" makes me sad.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 08, 2013, 06:38:22 PM »
It is like to make a journey and to bring stones instead of food. If we make the journey (Self-enquiry or whatever) what is the use of taking stone (accepting theories which injure our well-being) than taking food (accepting theories and practices which are useful for our well-being and make us happy). Stones and food are there as long as we arrive at the destination. There we will not need them (we didn't need the stones in the first place, except may be to kill someone on the road :D). At the final destination there is everything we need. This is just my thought.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 08, 2013, 06:42:23 PM »
:D nice analogy!

If we notice very carefully, we are bringing stones because there is publicity for stones, as we hear and read that stones are very precious!

your observations are not to be seen just as simple thing, what you have observed is true!
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 08, 2013, 06:49:55 PM »
Stray thoughts...

There is nothing more than just what is, as it is, without our interpretations!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 08, 2013, 06:51:23 PM »
This reminded me for a argue I had with a friend. He judged the mormons for being in delusion, stupid because they believe that Lord Jesus came to America after His resurrection, saved many people, that Indians are actually Jews who went to America  thousands of years ago and so on. He said that Joseph Smith cannot be prophet. Where are the golden tablets he was talking about. Then I asked him "Ok. If this is your criterium, then prove me that all Bible stories are true. He immediately attacked "Read the Bible. Everything is proven by science." Then I asked him "Show me the evidence". He couldn't. So he and mormons are fighting each other and nobody can prove their own stance. :) So what can be achieved by such arguments? :) It is the same with everything else in spirituality. We cannot prove our stance but we continue to defend it. :)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 08, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »
true, that is an issue, we look for confirmation outside of our heart. why we need to prove something to somebody n first place? this itself springs from ignorance, borrowed from some ignorance, and there begins rat race/

Sometimes, things are beautiful, left as they are, there need not be answers for somethings!

Somethings, the real answers are 'no answers' and we must be willing to accept this as well!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 08, 2013, 07:00:46 PM »
true, that is an issue, we look for confirmation outside of our heart. why we need to prove something to somebody n first place? this itself springs from ignorance, borrowed from some ignorance, and there begins rat race/

Sometimes, things are beautiful, left as they are, there need not be answers for somethings!

Somethings, the real answers are 'no answers' and we must be willing to accept this as well!

--

Because this is the way the ego acts. Its self-rightousness, confidence and progress is by 'eating' and destroying everything of its path, literally and metaphorically. :)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 08, 2013, 07:03:07 PM »
Because this is the way the ego acts. Its self-rightousness, confidence and progress is by 'eating' and destroying everything of its path, literally and metaphorically. :)

so much pain, as the ego doesn't realise it is devouring itself !

Like the dog that bites a raw bone to the extant of tasing its own blood of its mouth!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta