Author Topic: Ramanashramam Deepavali visit  (Read 4722 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Ramanashramam Deepavali visit
« on: October 27, 2011, 11:19:06 AM »
I had been to Arunachala this diwali. I reached Arunachala the day before around 4 pm and got my self accommodation at Sheshadri Ashramam and went straight to Ramanashramam. Nothing special to highlight as i was entirely silent! The only words I may have spoken was for having food, milk and accomodation. It was very peaceful. I remained stay put at the Ashramam as long as I could. I attended the evening parayanams. They had changed the picture in the Nirvana hall, Now they have this image http://arunachala-ramana.org/photos/restored_photos/full/ioh_05.jpg

This is also equally great, the old one was unique. the old picture was Hrudayam itself. The Self Itself. I personally like gazing Bhagavan at Nirvanal hall. Thereafter I just sat silently in the Samadhi hall till about 9.

On the 26th. I got ready very early and came to Ramanshramam 3:30 and wondered if I could enter as the gates were closed. But fortunately the smaller gate was open and i silently entered Ramanashramam as i heard a beautiful song of PB Srinivas through the Watchaman room :) as i walked through, I went around the Mathrubhooteshwara shrine and peaked inside the Samadhi hall from  the windows of Samadhi hall (it was like having a secret darshan). To see Bhagavan in the small lamp light was truly some feeling! Then went directly to the old meditation hall. there were 2 persons in already. I was very excited to see Bhagavan at this time, as it was around 3:30 Bhagavan used to begin his day. I sat gazing at him till I heard the sounds of gates opening in the Samadhi Hall. I then got up and went to Samadhi hall, and was the first one to go around Bhagavan :) I was very happy. It felt very special to do the first circumambulation around Bhagavan :) that day :)

There was very heavy downpour non stop rains all through and doing girivalam was impossible ... hence I decided that I would atleast go 108 times around Bhagavan and did it and I felt this pradakshinam more effective than doing around the hill itself. They sung the special Deepavali song and to see the mangala arati before the sunrise was some experience :) then they burst crackers before Bhagavan at the entrance to Samadhi hall.

It was lovely to see dogs. there were 2 dogs that came inside the samadhi hall, it was obvious to see the peace in the dog, its bhakti is amazing. I was engulfed with the feelings of extreme grace seeing the devotion of the dogs. one dog directly went begind the samadhi hall and sat down just behind bhagavan and remained transfixed unmoved, i watched it with amazement as I was doing my pradakshinam. It does something to you.

Another dog while the daily parayanam was going on, entered and came in as if looking for somebody, I was seated in one corner and the dog came looking for somebody and kept going in... the caretaker who is near the Samadhi hall, beat its head "tap" hard it pained me so much (but i dont know what relationship that caretaker and the dog has, he beat it with "love" :) ) asking it to move out, but it wouldn't listen and did not even care being beaten :)  and some of us there just said to him its ok :) let it be ... and it went on inside to Mathrubhoopteshwara shrine :) it was amazing to see both the dogs not making any noise inside the samadhi hall. especially the second dog when it was hit hard on its head, remained silent and moved on looking around for what it had come in.

Both dogs did nothing of any sort that could amount to disturbing the devotees who were doing parayanam, meditation. amazing!

all these were happening, and i was captured by the compassion of Bhagavan...

what remained were only moments of silence...

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:31:04 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Ramanashramam Deepavali visit
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 12:38:23 PM »

Dear Nagaraj,

It is nice to see your post about your viisit to the Asramam on Deepavali Day. In fact, when I saw the Deepavali celelbrations in
the Asramam Samadhi Hall, I found the crowd quite less and I was telling my wife that we could have gone for Deepavali to the
Asramam. The Asramam's official website has given Sri Bhagavan's verses on Deepavail as also Muruganar's.

We went to Asramam on the day prior to Vinayaka Chaturthi, but that time, some crowds were there.    In fact,  in September, we celebrated Vinayaka Chaturthi in Asramam guest house, by placing flowers and plantains before the photo we had taken!

Nice to read your post.

Arunachala Siva.     

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 12:48:05 PM »
Dear Subramanian Sir,

Yes the crowd was very less. Primarily there were only inmates. Having come back now, I am already feeling the urges to go back...its like they say, when a baby is born from the womb of the mother, it cries! Cries loudly out of the pain as to why it had come off here, why it had to be born out in this world, as it was at peace, Samadhi in the mother's womb. The same way, entering my place was like being born :D

Subramanian Sir, can visitors also have breakfast at the ashram? or is it only for invitees and guests only? I was hesitant to go inside to have breakfast as I was just a visitor. However it is my deep wish to have food at Bhagavan's place at least just once, as my circumstances do not permit booking room at Ramanashramam in advance, as I myself don't know when I will be going. Hence, in all my visits, I am able to stay only at Sheshadri Ashramamam.

Bhagavan willing, one day it too will happen!

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:50:02 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 12:54:10 PM »

Dear Nagaraj,

Only guests, inmates and Asramam workers are permitted to take breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner.  Others normally are not.
However, you can tell the Office and do it once in a while.  Normally, particularly on the less crowded days, they do not object.
Only on Jayanti and Aradhana Days, they permit all.

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 02:33:08 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Quite thrilled to read your post and almost imagined myself in place of you while reading your experiences.

You are blessed to get a wonderful and divine experience in tiru.

Bhagavan willing i should be visiting ramana ashramam for the 2nd time in December.

Subramanian garu, thanks for reminding me to visit ashram web site to view diwali celebrations.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 04:16:07 PM »
Thank you Subramanian Sir, Prashant, it always feels happy to hear if somebody visits or plans to visit Ramanshramam  :)
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 04:55:32 PM »

Dear Nagaraj, prasanth, ramana,

Each time I and my wife visit, some strange encounters do happen.  During our Sept visit, we met one old lady, who was
none else than Smt. Meenakshi Murugnar's wife Meenakshi's brother's daughter.  Smt. Meenakshi spent her last years only
with them only.  Smt, Meenakshi's last years were spent in all sorts of ailments. She lost strength in both her legs and she
was walking with her buttocks. Still, she used to take bath without any help, moved to the kitchen and used to take food
without asking anyone to bring it to her cot.  She used to always sing or simply chant in prose order, Murugana's various songs.
Just on the evening, when she was to finally die, a golden yellow deer [in Chennai] suddenly rushed into their house and came
to Smt. Meenakshi and rubbed its cheeks on Smt.  Meenakshi's body. Within an hour Smt. Meenakshi peacefully passed away.         
The lady who narrated the story [one Smt. Rajalaskhmi] said that the golden deer was none other than Sri Bhagavan Himself.

On one earlier occasion, we met one Shian, an Israel girl of about 23 years. When she was a child, she lost her father, uncle and
a few others in Yom Kippur War. Her life was miserable. Her mother taught her drawing and some secondary education only.
She however speaks good English. She said one day, in Tel Aviv Library, one friend  gave her some book on Sri Bhagavan
and she was immediately attracted by His photograph. She decided to come to T'malai immediately. She took permission
and was given some money and she reached  Mumbai.  Just near the hotel where she was staying, Taj Mahal Hotel witnessed
the terrorist action. She was closeted for 2 days. Then finally she came to Madras and from there reached T'malai. She had bought
some books in the Asramam and was staying for long hours in Samadhi Hall itself. Then when asked by wife, she said that she was
going to stay for 3 months!   The Asramam had given her special permission to stay.

The horripilating statement that she made to us was: When she was seeing Sri Bhagavan's photograph in that book, suddenly
on her right chest, she started feeling some sense of effervescence, like  opening soda water bottle!  She could not explain what it
was and she came to know about the "right chest' mentioned in Sri Bhagavan's books, only after coming to Asramam and reading
books.

Arunachala Siva. 

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 05:06:26 PM »
miracles to happen

Lots of things such as these go unrecorded. Just cant help feel humbled when we read or listen to such instances of devotees. When we look at their lives, our own problems look so mere...

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 05:28:22 PM »
further reading regarding Smt Meenakshi Muruganar from the archives:

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=2261.0

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 05:58:02 PM »
Thanks a lot for sharing these incidents Subramanian garu.