Author Topic: Bhajans, Songs, Documentaries, Interviews, Pics and so on  (Read 30322 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhajans, Songs, Documentaries, Interviews, Pics and so on
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Yesterday was Sri Sankara Jayanti,. The Sankara TV showed abhishekam for Adi Sankara by the present pontiff. Then he gave
Adi Sankaracharya Brithu (title) to Swami Dayananda Saraswati for latter's excellent exposition of Sankara's teachings. Nochur
Venkataraman also spoke briefly about Atma Vidya. Then one I-pad was released for sale covering Sankara's various feats in
His life. A website has also been launched describing the present pontiff's dik vijaya.  The function took place in Tirunelveli.

Sankara was born on Ardra Star. Sri Bhagavan was born on Punarvasu Star. Sankara was born on Chaitra Sukla Panchami.

Arunachala Siva,       

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2012, 09:13:21 AM »
Nagaraj,
wonderful film on the Life of Sri sankara.Sringeri swamiji's discourse in Sanskrit is truly a joy to listen to.Thanks very much.
Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 11:48:12 AM »
Dear i,

it is a beautifully made film. i had been to Kalady, recently, it is truly a beautiful place. i had the opportunity to visit the street where Sri Adi Shankara lived and played, was also blessed to visit the Kula Deiva (family deity) temple Sri Krishna of Sri Shankara. We also saw the house where he sung the famous Kanakadhara Stotram. Kerala temples are unique and how much connection with nature. The river, cool breeze, the greenery, all are beautiful. Kerala is naturally blessed with this heart of prakriti (nature). Truly, it is Gods own country :)

Also, we saw the Wadakanathan Siva temple, where his father, Sivaguru and mother Aryamba prayed for a baby by observing Vratha and we also saw the (Karpillykavu?) Shiva temple where Sivaguru was a priest.

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:51:51 AM by Nagaraj »
If one's mind has peace, the whole world will appear peaceful.

~ Sri Bhagavan

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2012, 01:25:06 PM »
Dear Nagaraj garu,

very happy to know you visited kerala and places where adi sankara lived.

if possible please share with us few snaps as we may be blessed to see few photos related to adi sankara garu.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2012, 04:38:04 PM »
Dear i,

unfortunately, i did not take my camera during my visit. However, below, i have gathered some pictures from internet.

This is the entrance to the ancient Krishna temple - the Family deity of Sri Adi Shankara

a Picture of the river, this is the river, whose direction, Shankara brought near to his hut, for the convenience of his mother. This is where, as well, Shankara was caught by crocodile, the famous incident of his acceptance of Sanyasam

This is the entrance to the exact spot where Sri Shankara is supposed to have lived. His mother Aryamba's adishtanam is also found.

Shrine for Sri Adi Shankara inside

Mother Aryamba Adhishtanam

Salutations to Bhagavan

~ Sri Bhagavan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2012, 06:36:45 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Nice photographs about Kaladi and Sri Sanakara's  house.  There is also one house, where a poor brahmin lady gave Him
an old amla fruit as bhiksha since she had nothing else at home to give bhiksha. She was utterly poor. Sri Sankara
composed  Kanakadara Stotram on Lakshmi and golden amla fruits showered on the portico of the house. This small
house is called Swarnathu Illam (Golden House) even today.  The house is almost dilapidated but the name stands even
today. When my wife went to Kaladi with her guru, she saw these places and also the Poorna River and Vadakku Natha
Swami temple, a Siva temple, where Aryamba had vision that Siva Himself would be born as her son.

Arunachala Siva. 

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2012, 07:35:51 PM »
very nice pictures and thanks once again for sharing those memorable ones sir.

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
Doing Time, Doing Vipassana
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »
This is a movie about how prisoners do vipassana and this changes their life forever. I highly recommend this movie to everyone who has 1:30 hours free time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEPaacnLyDs  This is the 1-st part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU75H4VwP-Y&feature=relmfu  This is the 2-nd part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFZ3611rxQQ&feature=relmfu  This is the 3-rd part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G08Sh1yxwMA&feature=relmfu  This is the 4-th part

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2012, 07:30:19 AM »
Ramana/Friends,
Wonderful and  moving documentary.It just reminds us the Great verse in Tirukkural(verse 466):
செய்தக்க அல்ல செயக்கெடும் செய்தக்க
செய்யாமை யானும் கெடும்.

This verse tells us that we are responsible not only for what we do,but also responsible forwhat we do not which we ought to be doing!

Truly it fills our heart with sadness when we find these brothers languishing behind bars and longing to go home and lead a purposeful life.In some way,we have contributed to this state of affairs and are responsible for it.It is heartening to learn that there are some noble ones who have felt the need to carry the life giving message of the spirit into these dark corridors of Human civilization and are earnestly striving to bring about change in the way we handle those who are less fortunate.God bless them all.

Namaskar.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:33:19 AM by Ravi.N »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
The Buddha, A Film by David Grubin
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2012, 09:34:25 AM »
This documentary for PBS by award-winning filmmaker David Grubin and narrated by Richard Gere, tells the story of the Buddha’s life, a journey especially relevant to our own bewildering times of violent change and spiritual confusion. It features the work of some of the world’s greatest artists and sculptors, who across two millennia, have depicted the Buddha’s life in art rich in beauty and complexity. Hear insights into the ancient narrative by contemporary Buddhists, including Pulitzer Prize winning poet W.S. Merwin and His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Join the conversation and learn more about meditation, the history of Buddhism, and how to incorporate the Buddha’s teachings on compassion and mindfulness into daily life.

http://www.pbs.org/thebuddha/

Salutations to Bhagavan

~ Sri Bhagavan

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2012, 11:32:31 AM »
Thank you, Nagarajji. I also highly recommend and this BBC movie about Buddha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFbjDcz_CbU

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2012, 11:50:44 AM »
Dear i,

yes, this is a good movie as well!

Salutations to Bhagavan

~ Sri Bhagavan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Get Service - Must Watch
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2012, 10:37:10 AM »
Dear i,

Please take 5 minutes to watch this, at any cost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfeXxkbgCVE

Salutations to Bhagavan

~ Sri Bhagavan

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2012, 11:13:19 AM »
Great video, Sri Nagaraj. The analysis of the cause of people's actions is very, very important sadhana. This makes us to be more understanding of the actions of others which we don't like and don't accept.